Property development opportunity in Italy. Estate in Umbria with prestige period villa of 1,800 sqm plus several residential and rural buildings and chapel and 32.7 hectares of land – 16.7 ha olive grove + 14.5 ha arable land + 1.2 ha woodland + 0.3 ha garden.
Property development opportunity – Estate in Umbria with prestige period villa
Near to Foligno in Umbria, this estate offers an opportunity to develop as a prestige home, tourist accommodation, leisure business or subdividing (all subject to necessary planning consents).
The building s all need restoration/renovation before being usable.
Built in the 18th century, the main villa is decorated with frescoes and painting in the Neoclassical style, with trompe l’oeil architectures and rural landscapes.
Laid out over three floors:
– Ground floor: entrance hall, private chapel, dining room, three sitting rooms, kitchen and bathroom;
– First floor: living room, studio with bathroom two bedrooms with en-suite bathroom, two bedrooms and an independent bathroom;
– Second floor: non-habitable lofts, to be used as storage rooms.
The façade in the master villa is recognizable by two arched entrances with protruding cornices and spaced out by three oval openings (one of which is closed). Near the corners are located two more windows. A protruding stringcourse runs around the whole building. At the top of the entrance archway, carved in stone, one can see the date 1703, probably revealing the year of construction of the villa.
The entrance hall is a long gallery crossing the whole building, façade to the rear. This entrance, while perfectly fine and usable, has been replaced by a new one opened on the left side of the building in the years following the construction.
With the exception of this change, the building can still be seen in its original shape, offering a perfect example of a countryside manor.
Entering the villa, the first room is a covered hallway covered in a segmental barrel vault with beautiful paintings on the wall representing a false architecture framing countryside landscapes.
The family chapel is split by angular lesenes and covered by cloister vaults with painted ribs. A careful analysis allows dating the section to the years 1769-1770. On the floor is embedded a headstone with the date 1868 and the name of one of the owning families.
Through a staircase one can reach the living room on the first floor, decorated with trompe l’oeil architectures (Corinthian columns supporting a trabeation) framing countryside landscapes.
All the paintings in the villa can be traced back to the second and third decade of the 10th century, with an essentially classical style with notes of that medievalism so appreciated at the time.
The villa and the annexes need a full renovation before being inhabited or used.
Several annexes complete the property: one was once the farmer’s house, while the others were used either as stables or storage rooms.
The property is sold with 32.7 hectares of land. Next to the building, a garden has been landscaped (3,000 sqm). The remaining surface area is split amongst olive grove (16.7 ha), arable land (14.5 ha) and woodland (1.2 ha).
TYPE Property development opportunity – Estate with 18th century period villa, annexes and 32.7 hectares of land
CONDITION To be restored
SIZE 1,800 sqm (19,368 sqft gross)
FEATURES Trompe-l’oeil decorations, frescoes, terracotta floors, wooden beams, private chapel
LAND 32.7 hectares (16.7 ha olive grove + 14.5 ha arable land + 1.2 ha woodland + 0.3 ha garden)
GARDEN 3,000 sqm (0.8 ac)
ANNEXE Several residential and rural buildings
ELECTRICITY Already connected
WATER Mains water
GAS Municipal network
TELEPHONE To be connected
Foligno (6km; 10’), Montefalco (19km; 20’), Assisi (20km; 20’), Spoleto (28km; 25’), Perugia (37km; 35’), Terni (59km; 50’), Gubbio (61km; 50’), Todi (73km; 1h)
Perugia Sant’Egidio (30km; 25’), Ancona Falconara (151km; 1h 30’), Roma Ciampino (171km; 2h), Roma Fiumicino (186km; 2h 5’), Firenze Peretola (203km; 2h 10’), Grosseto Baccarini (212km; 2h 30’)
Other properties that may be of interest you
- Developer Property Developer property in the centre of the beautiful Tuscan village of Anghiari. Ripe for real estate development, commercial and/or residential. A historic palazzo and former stables. Tuscan Real Estate Development…
- Italian Castle Estate For Sale Italian Castle estate for sale located on the green hills of Umbria near to Umbertide. In a panoramic position this imposing medieval castle, dating back to the 14th and 15th…
- Large Tuscan Villa Development opportunity. Large Tuscan villa, 600 square metres (6,456 square feet) on 3 floors. The property needs a complete renovation, presently 6 apartments. 4,300 square metres (1.0 acres) garden. Possible…