Productive winery with accommodation business in the world-famous Tuscan Chianti region. Villa, restaurant, vineyards, winery, pool, olive grove, annexes for sale in Tuscany. Further potential with projects for apartments and stables. 10 minutes from Siena.
Siena Tuscany Winery and Accommodation Business
Just outside Siena, in the Tuscan countryside, 42.5-hectare wine estate with a historic villa, restaurant, modern cellar and 12 hectares of vineyards. The building, restored in recent times, offers a total of 3,275 sqm with 15 bedrooms and 17 bathrooms. The vineyard (12.3 ha) allows producing, together with the cellar, up to 136,000 bottles of wine per year, while many bedrooms and apartments are rented with good results.
The property is located just 1 km from the necessary services and just 4 km from the town of Siena, visible in the distance. Other cities of Tuscany can nonetheless be reached in roughly one hour (Monteriggioni, Montalcino, Volterra, Florence, Cortona…). The airport in Florence is just 86 km away by car.
The villa has a surface area of 1,500 sqm – 16,140 sqft with 10 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms and is built on the remains of an 11th-century castle. On five floors comprising:
– Basement: cellar and technical rooms for the systems;
– Ground floor: large tasting room with guest bathrooms, three large living rooms, kitchen, two dining rooms, bathroom and the former lemon house (with gallery and independent access);
– Mezzanine floor: living room with dining area, kitchen, two bedrooms and bathroom (this floor could potentially be used as an independent apartment);
– First floor: several living rooms and sitting rooms, four bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms, four bedrooms with access from an large central living room and bathroom;
– Second floor: large lofts (partially habitable).
Completing the villa is a beautiful secular park, dotted with oaks, and a stunning Italian garden with decorative plants. A few steps from the villa, surrounded by a stone-paved sunbathing area, is a 12 × 6 m swimming pool.
Next to the villa is the restaurant (220 sqm – 2,367 sqft, 2 bathrooms) laid over two floors. Each level houses a multipurpose room (80 sqm each) with a kitchen and bathroom. While mainly used by the restaurant itself, these rooms are also rented for events, ceremonies and meetings. Outside, the building is completed by two large paved terraces that can almost double the number of guests for the restaurant.
A cosy cottage (45 sqm – 484 sqft, 1 bedroom and 2 bathrooms) is currently reserved for guests. Laid on a single floor, the building includes a large living room with a dining area and cooking corner, a double bedroom and two bathrooms.
The guesthouse (155 sqm – 1,668 sqft, 4 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms) currently includes two independent apartments:
– Apartment A: large living room with dining area, kitchen, two bedrooms and two bathrooms;
– Apartment B: living area with cooking corner, two double bedrooms with en-suite bathroom, double bedroom with walk-in closet and bathroom.
A project has also been drafted for the realization in the property of a stable (380 sqm – 4,089 sqft) with 10 boxes for the horses, saddle room, nursery, office and tool room. A barn (100 sqm – 1,076 sqft, 5 m in height) is to be built next to the stable.
The modern wine cellar (1,000 sqm – 10,760 sqft) has been completed in 2012 and has been designed so to offer the most possible efficient way of processing grapes. The large building also includes the administration offices, several storage rooms, ageing rooms and the packaging line. The building, while modern, has been built in a way that it perfectly integrates with the surrounding landscape, by looking like a typical Tuscan farmhouse.
A ruined country house (335 sqm – 3,820 sqft, 10 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms) is also located inside the property. There is a project (to be approved) to create a total of six independent apartments inside the building:
– Apartment C: living room with dining area and cooking corner, two bedrooms and bathroom;
– Apartment D: living room with dining area and kitchen, bedroom and bathroom;
– Apartment E: living room with kitchen, two bedrooms and bathroom;
– Apartment F: open space living room with kitchen, two bedrooms and two bathrooms;
– Apartment G: entrance room, living room with open plan kitchen, bedroom and bathroom;
– Apartment H: living room with cooking corner, two bedrooms and bathroom.
The estate covers a total surface of approximately 42.5 hectares, split among vineyards (12.3 ha), olive grove (1.5 ha), arable and grazing land (17.0 ha) and mixed woodland (5.7 ha). The remaining surface (roughly 6.0 ha) is made up of the courtyards of the buildings, unused land, roads and gardens.
One could also evaluate the conversion of the unused portions of land (up to 2.0 ha) to create a convenient parking lot for the guests and the staff of the property.
DETAILS ON WINE PRODUCTION
– Vineyard surface: 12.3 hectares (+ 1.0 ha to be planted)
– Varieties: Sangiovese, Pugnitello, Colorino, Ciliegiolo, Alicante
– Training: pruned-spur cordon, Guyot (5,000 vines / ha)
– Distance of planting: 2.50 × 0.80 m | 2.50 × 0.90 m
– Age of the vines: 2020 (3.1 ha) | 2012 (4.4 ha) | 2004 (1.6 ha) | 2003 (1.1 ha) | 2000 (2.0 ha)
– Potential production: up to 136,000 bottles
– Previous years’ production: 8,000 bottles (2021) | 66,000 bottles (2020) | 96,000 bottles (2019) | 87,000 bottles (2018) | 40,000 bottles (2017)
PRODUCED WINES AND POTENTIAL
– Chianti Colli Senesi DOCG: 85% Sangiovese, 5% Ciliegiolo, 5% other – 40,000 bottles
– Chianti Superiore DOCG: 90% Sangiovese, 5% Colorino, 5% other – 30,000 bottles
– Toscana Rosso IGT: 90% Sangiovese, 10% other – 45,000 bottles
– Toscana Rosso IGT (Selection): 90% Sangiovese, 10% other – 3,000 bottles
– SuperTuscan IGT: 100% Sangiovese – 18,000 bottles
PRICING OF THE WINES
– Chianti Colli Senesi DOCG: € 5.00 / bottle
– Chianti Superiore DOCG: € 6.00 / bottle
– Toscana Rosso IGT: € 5.00 / bottle
– Toscana Rosso IGT (Selezione): € 50.00 / bottle
– SuperTuscan IGT: € 10.00 / bottle
Excellent working property and business with lots of further potential.
- TYPE: Productive winery with accommodation business in the world-famous Tuscan Chianti region.
- CONDITION: Restored
- LOCATION: Hilly
- MUNICIPALITY: Siena
- PROVINCE: Siena
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 3,275 square metres (35,239 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 30+
- BEDROOMS: 15 (up to 25)
- BATHROOMS: 17 (up to 24)
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, wooden beams, terracotta floors, vaulted ceilings, fireplaces, modern wine cellar, restaurant, swimming pool, Italian garden, tree-lined avenue, vineyards, olive grove, projects for the creation of apartments and stables
- LAND: 42.5 hectares (105.0 acres)
- GARDEN: Yes, well maintained
- ANNEXES: Several residential and rural buildings
- ACCESS: Excellent
- SWIMMING POOL: 12 × 6 m
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: Municipal network
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators + air conditioning
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Closest services (1km; 2’), Siena (4km; 10’), Castelnuovo Berardenga (19km; 20’), Monteriggioni (20km; 25’), Gaiole in Chianti (29km; 35’), Montalcino (40km; 45’), Volterra (53km; 1h), San Casciano in Val di Pesa (57km; 45’), Montepulciano (59km; 50’), Cortona (71km; 1h), Florence (72km; 1h 10’), Arezzo (84km; 1h)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Firenze Vespucci (86km; 1h 10’), Perugia San Francesco (112km; 1h 20’), Pisa Galilei (121km; 1h 40’), Bologna Marconi (167km; 2h 20’), Roma Ciampino (241km; 2h 30’), Roma Fiumicino (256km; 2h 35’)
See more Italian Vineyards