Prestige Historic villa with gardens, olive grove, guesthouse, swimming pool and superb panoramic view. Could this be your Luxury Italian home?
Luxury property for sale in Italy
Located near to Città di Castello and perched strategically on a hill overlooking the Tiber Valley the property has superb far reaching panoramic views of the green Umbrian countryside.
This historic 16th-century villa has been the subject of a fine renovation and superbly restored, blending the old with the new, and is currently used as a prestige private residence. With a total of 8 bedrooms, well-maintained gardens, swimming pool and olive grove, the size of the villa and the quiet location would also allow it to be used for upmarket holiday accommodation.
This luxury villa was built between the 15th and 16th centuries around a watchtower dating back to the 11th century. The villa has been finely restored preserving the historical features but also adding modern and refined features and finishes. Some of which are polychrome marble floors, Trompe-l’oeil paintings with landscapes and false architectures on the walls, rib vaults, coffered ceilings, decorated stone fireplaces and vaults painted with bright and vivid colours.
The villa (595 sqm – 6,402 sqft, 6 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms) is structured on three floors organized as follows:
– Ground floor: entrance hall, dining room, kitchen, woodshed, living room, living room, double bedroom, bathroom with hydro-massage, laundry room, heating room and studio apartment consisting of a bedroom with kitchenette and bathroom;
– Mezzanine floor: two bedrooms, bathroom and wardrobe room;
– First floor: living room, library, living room with a chapel, two bedrooms and bathroom;
– Second floor: study / atelier.
Attached to the villa is a garage (65 sqm – 699 sqft).
The guesthouse (120 sqm – 1,291 sqft, 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms) is structured on two floors, each occupied by an independent apartment:
– Apartment N°1 (ground floor): living room, kitchen with pantry, bedroom and bathroom;
– Apartment N°2 (first floor): living room, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom.
An agricultural outbuilding (53 sqm – 570 sqft) includes two woodsheds, two tool sheds and a large warehouse on the first floor.
The garden of this prestige property contains the 12 x 6 m heated swimming pool and the photovoltaic system that supplies the electricity to the property.
The estate is completed by 4.5 hectares of land, divided between arable land (2.8 ha) and olive grove (1.7 ha).
- TYPE Prestige Historic villa with gardens, olive grove, guesthouse, swimming pool and panoramic view
- CONDITION Restored
- LOCATION Hilly, panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY Città di Castello
- PROVINCE Perugia
- REGION Umbria
- SIZE 768 sqm (8,263 sqft)
- ROOMS 21
- BEDROOMS 8
- BATHROOMS 6
- FEATURES Stone walls, wooden beams, coffered ceilings, rib vaults, decorated stone fireplaces, Trompe-l’oeil frescoes, marble floors, stone steps, arches with columns, swimming pool, garden, photovoltaic system
- LAND 4.5 ha (2.8 ha arable land + 1.7 ha olive grove)
- GARDEN Yes, well-maintained
- ANNEXE Guesthouse, shed
- ACCESS Unpaved road
- POOL 12 x 6 m
- ELECTRICITY Already connected
- WATER Consortial water
- GAS LPG
- HEATING Radiators
- TELEPHONE Already connected
- NEAREST TOWNS Città di Castello (4km; 10’), Sansepolcro (20km; 20’), Anghiari (26km; 30’), Umbertide (26km; 25’), Tuoro sul Trasimeno (52km; 55’), Gubbio (55km; 50’), Cortona (58km; 1h), Perugia (59km; 50’), Assisi (72km; 1h), Montefalco (89km; 1h 15’), Montepulciano (90km; 1h 25’), Todi (98km; 1h 15’)
- NEAREST AIRPORTS Perugia Sant’Egidio (57km; 45’), Firenze Peretola (136km; 1h 45’), Bologna Marconi (195km; 2h 10’), Pisa Galilei (196km; 2h 25’), Roma Ciampino (238km; 2h 35’), Roma Fiumicino (253km; 2h 40’)
See more Luxury property for sale in Italy