Piedmont property comprising a fine estate with restored 18th-century villa with park and annexes. Prestige home or ideal for tourism, weddings, functions and events. 17 bedrooms and 16 bathrooms.
Commercial or Luxury Residential Estate In Piedmont
Biella in Piedmont, in the foothills of the Pennine Alps, is the superb location for this fine property. Biella is a lively city where all the services, facilities and amenities are available. The excellent road network in Northern Italy is easy to travel through and in less than two hours you can reach major cities such as Turin, Milan, Aosta and Como.
For ski lovers, the Alps are the perfect destination and not far from the property. You can easily and can quickly reach the major skiing resorts of Courmayeur (124km; 1h 20’) and Chamonix-Mont Blanc (145km; 1h 25).
The most convenient airport is Turin (92km; 45’), but the two terminals in Milan (Malpensa and Linate) are easily reached as well (roughly 1h 10’).
The main villa has a surface area of 1.630 sqm – 17,539 sqft with 9 bedrooms and 10 bathrooms and is an impressive 18th-century historic building on four floors comprising:
– Basement: tavern with vaulted ceilings, kitchen, living room, dining room and guest bathrooms;
– Ground floor: large living area with various halls, sitting room with fireplace, dining room, studio, library, kitchen and guest bathroom;
– First floor: master bedroom with en-suite bathroom and walk-in closet, four bedrooms with walk-in closet and three bathrooms;
– Second floor: a pool room, gym, sauna, kitchen, two bedrooms and two bathrooms.
The building also accommodated two independent apartments:
– Apartment N°1 (first floor): living room, kitchen, studio, bedroom and bathroom;
– Apartment N°2 (second floor): living room, kitchen, studio, bedroom and bathroom.
The villa has been skillfully restored to preserve its excellent historic finishes: the cellar and the tavern, in particular, has beautiful brick-built vaulted ceilings. The upper floors, formerly inhabited by the noble family, feature much more refined finishes with frescoed walls and decorated ceilings.
The warden’s house has a surface area of 120 sqm – 1,291 sqft with 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and is a rural building on two floors :
– Basement: garage and storage rooms;
– Ground floor: kitchen, living room, bedroom, bathroom and technical room;
– First floor: three bedrooms and bathroom.
A guesthouse with a surface area of 600 sqm – 6,456 sqft with 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms is located not far from the villa and is in the final phase of restoration (only finishes are needed), is made up of two connected buildings and houses a total of four bedrooms and four bathrooms plus several other rooms (cellars. Kitchens, living rooms…).
The pool house (130 sqm – 1,399 sqft) is organized over two floors:
– Basement: technical room for the pool systems and bathroom;
– Ground floor: open canopy and pool.
The property is completed by an agricultural annexe (62 sqm – 667 sqft) used as chicken coop and greenhouse for the plants.
The estate sits in 8.0 hectares of land, half of which is covered by woodland (4.0 ha). The remaining area is covered by a park and arable land (4.0 ha) which was in the past planted with a vineyard that could be revived if wanted.
The large park surrounding the villa is also an excellent location for weddings, functions, events and receptions.
The pool (16.5 × 7.5 m) has a convenient solarium and a nice relaxation area.
- TYPE: Piedmont property, 18th-century villa estate with park and annexes
- CONDITION: Restored
- LOCATION: Hilly, panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY: Biella
- PROVINCE: Biella
- REGION: Piedmont
- INTERIORS: 2,480 square metres (26,685 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 40
- BEDROOMS: 17
- BATHROOMS: 16
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, terracotta, stone and parquet floors, vaulted ceilings, pool room, gym, sauna, park, pool with solarium, frescoes, decorated stone fireplaces
- LAND: 8.0 hectares (19.8 acres)
- GARDEN: Yes, well-maintained around the villa
- ANNEXES: Warden’s house, guesthouse, pool house
- ACCESS: Excellent
- SWIMMING POOL: 16.5 × 7.5 m
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected (energy class E, F)
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water + Artesian well
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: Gasoil
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Biella (2km; 5’), Ivrea (30km; 25’), Vercelli (47km; 30’), Novara (62km; 40’), Casale Monferrato (86km; 45’), Turin (90km; 55’), Aosta (91km; 1h), Milan (107km; 1h), Como (117km; 1h 15’), Courmayeur (124km; 1h 20’), Lugano (130km; 1h 30’), Asti (138km; 1h 10’), Chamonix-Mont Blanc (145km; 1h 25’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Torino Pertini (92km; 45’), Milano Malpensa (100km; 1h), Milano Linate (123km; 1h 10’), Bergamo Caravaggio (148km; 1h 15’), Genova Colombo (184km; 1h 35’)
See more Property for sale in Piedmont
Other properties that may be of interest you
- Hotel Real Estate Italy Looking to buy Hotel real estate in Italy? This upmarket boutique hotel in Piedmont could be ideal. Fully restored, the property has 17 guest bedrooms, restaurant, swimming pool, an Orangerie…
- Luxury Mansion Superb luxury mansion villa in Lombardy, an approx 1-hour drive from Milam. Prestige historic property standing in beautifully landscaped gardens. Home and event location or could also be turned into…
- Castle of Italy Beautifully restored castle of Italy for sale. Located near to Saluzzo and Cuneo in Piedmont the castle has 5 bedrooms, garden and swimming pool. A lovely prestige private home which…