Venice palazzo in the Venetian-Byzantine architectural style. 3 Bed main apartment and a 1 bed guest apartment plus canal access for a boat. Splendid restored Historic property in the city of canals.
Located in front of Campiello San Tomà, in the San Polo district of Venice, inside a beautiful Byzantine building. The building (295 sqm) has a large and characteristic 95 sqm private courtyard with a water door access and includes a 3-bedroom master apartment and a one-bedroom guest apartment on the ground floor.
The location of the building is very convenient, not far from the famous Rialto Bridge and close to all the necessary services, including the convenient San Tomà del Vaporetto stop. The Santa Lucia station is about a kilometre away allowing you to quickly comfortably reach the mainland.
The building has exclusive access from the bridge that crosses the Rio di San Tomà. The main door opens onto the splendid courtyard with a portico. Here we find in the centre the original well of the building and on the canal side a water door to access the property directly by boat.
On the northwest side of the courtyard, two doors lead to what was once a warehouse and which has recently been converted into a lovely guest apartment (72m2) consisting of a living area, bedroom and bathroom.
From the courtyard, an Istrian stone staircase then leads to the main floor (223 square meters). As you go up, the wall gives way to a fresco which, although not intact, represents a trompe-l’oeil balustrade overlooking the courtyard. The door at the top of the stairs opens onto a small entrance which then leads to the spacious living area. From here you can access the kitchen with a dining area, a corner bedroom and a hallway that serves the sleeping area consisting of a master bedroom with a private bathroom, bedroom, study and bathroom.
The palace, in a style that clearly recalls the Venetian Byzantine, has remained almost unchanged in its original form, with the central courtyard and the red brick walls. The loggia on the main floor was closed in more recent times with windows, expanding the available space and allowing the building to be heated. The last complete renovation dates back to the 2010s and since that time the property has always been impeccably maintained.
The ceilings of the building reach five metres high on the piano nobile and are characterized by decorated wooden beams. The floors include both the characteristic Venetian graniglia and parquet coverings that mix very well with the dark-toned beams.
The large window at the entrance, closing the ancient loggia, gives excellent brightness to the living area of the building.
You are close to all the major features and landmarks in this historic world-famous city.
- TYPE: Venetian-Byzantine palazzo with courtyard and canal access
- CONDITION: Restored
- LOCATION: Historic city centre, San Polo district
- MUNICIPALITY: Venice
- PROVINCE: Venice
- REGION: Veneto
- INTERIORS: 295 square metres (3,174 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 10
- BEDROOMS: 4
- BATHROOMS: 3
- MAIN FEATURES: courtyard with columns, water portal, original well, wooden beams, Venetian graniglia and parquet floors, windows, frescoed walls in the courtyard, air conditioning
- LAND: 95 square metres (1,022 square feet)
- GARDEN: No, but a courtyard
- ANNEXES: Guest apartment
- ACCESS: Excellent, on foot
- SWIMMING POOL: No
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: Natural gas
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators + air conditioning
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Distances are intended from Mestre, set on the mainland and reached by train (Stazione Santa Lucia) and/or bus (Piazzale Roma).
- Treviso (29km; 30’), Padova (36km; 40’), Cittadella (61km; 55’), Bassano del Grappa (91km; 1h 15’), Ferrara (107km; 1h 20’), Verona (116km; 1h 20’), Redipuglia (116km; 1h 15’), Cortina d’Ampezzo (145km; 2h), Trieste (148km; 1h 50’), Sirmione (149km; 1h 45’), Mantua (153km; 1h 40’), Trento (208km; 2h 15’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Distances are intended from Mestre, set on the mainland and reached by train (Stazione Santa Lucia) and/or bus (Piazzale Roma). Venezia Marco Polo (8km; 15’), Trieste Ronchi dei Legionari (116km; 1h 15’), Verona Valerio Catullo (124km; 1h 20’), Bologna Marconi (149km; 1h 35’), Bergamo Orio al Serio (222km; 2h 20’), Milano Linate (254km; 2h 40’), Milano Malpensa (308km; 3h 10’)
See more Venice real estate