Organic Wine Estate, specialising in Chianti Classico, with Agriturismo and 12 hectares of land for sale in Tuscany. Worldwide customer base and possible to expand wine production.
Chianti Classico Estate For Sale
Dating back to the 18th century, the farmhouse has been tastefully renovated with high-quality materials and it features exposed stone facades, ceilings with wooden beams and terracotta tiles, and terracotta floors.
This Tuscany property consists of a main farmhouse, offices and a wine tasting annexe, plus rural outbuildings for wine-making, bottling, ageing and storing of wines.
Currently running as Agriturismo, the main farmhouse has a total surface area of approximately 385 sqm – 4,143 sqft, and has been divided into three independent apartments, organized as follows:
– Warden’s quarters (ground floor): studio apartment with entrance, main bedroom, kitchenette and bathroom;
– Apartment N°1 (ground floor): entrance, living room, kitchen, two double bedrooms, bathroom and external laundry;
– Apartment N°2 (first floor): living room with loggia, dining room, kitchen, master bedroom with en-suite bathroom, double bedroom, bathroom and a few closets.
Near to the farmhouse are located the annexes used for winemaking, described as follows.
– Building A (73 sqm – 785 sqft) comprising: cellar and barriques room;
– Building B (95 sqm – 1,022 sqft) comprising: cellar, tool recovery, shop, toilet and loggia;
– Building C (50 sqm – 538 sqft) comprising: vat-cellar;
– Building D (72 sqm – 775 sqft) comprising: office room, sales room, tasting room, cellar, toilet and two storage rooms.
Surrounded by a landscaped garden with elegant 13 x 5 m Infinity swimming pool and sunbathing area, the farm is completed by 12 hectares of private land with vineyards and olive grove.
The current production of wine ranges around 35,000 bottles per year (with an average yield of 38 hl/ha). However, according to the Chianti Classico DOCG regulations, this yield could be increased up to a maximum of 52,5 hl/ha which would, in turn, lead to a significant increase of production ranging to around 49,000 bottles per year.
Wine is fully sold in bottles. The most part of it is exported (77%) thanks to a well-established network of customers and buyers, while the remaining quantity is either sold directly at the property (15%) or sold through hotel, restaurants and cafés (8%).
DETAILS ON WINE PRODUCTION
– Surface: 7.0 hectares (5.8 ha Chianti Classico DOCG + 1.2 ha Toscana IGT)
– Varieties: Sangiovese (72%), Merlot (9%), Malvasia Nera (8%), Colorino (8%) and Vermentino (3%)
– Year of implant: 2000 – 2009
– Exposure: South-Southwest
– Density (stump/ha): 6,600 (0.70 x 2.20 m)
– Training: free-standing bush, pruned-spur cordon
– Soil composition: marlstone, clayish, sandy
– Yearly production: 35.000 bottles (up to 49.000 bottles)
– Established markets: Italy, Canada, China, France, United Kingdom, Hong Kong, United States and Sweden
– Containers in the cellar: stainless steel tank (n°12 for total 354 hl), fibreglass tank (n°2 for total 55 hl), French oak barriques (n°70 for total 237 hl), tronconic tanks (n°2 for total 98 hl)
PRODUCED WINES AND PRICES
The following wines are highly-rated and have received international awards (Decanter, Gambero Rosso, James Suckling, Slow Wine and others):
– Chianti Classico DOCG (€ 14): 20,000 bottles (up to 25,500)
– Chianti Classico DOCG Riserva (€ 22): 10,000 bottles (up to 15,000)
– Chianti Classico DOCG Gran Selezione (€ 38): 3,000 bottles (up to 5,000)
– Rosso Toscano IGT “Merlot” (€ 29): 900 bottles (up to 1,500)
– Bianco Toscano IGT “Vermentino” (€ 13): 500 bottles (up to 1,000)
– Rosé Toscano IGT (€ 13): 600 bottles (up to 1,000)
An ideal opportunity to buy into an existing organic wine estate and winemaking business with potential for expansion.
The Tuscan farmhouse, currently running as Agriturismo, could be part or fully remodelled quite easily into a permanent residence.
TYPE Organic Chianti Classico Wine Estate with Agriturismo and 12 hectares of land
LOCATION Hilly, panoramic.
SIZE 675 square metres (7263 square feet)
FEATURES Exposed stone, stone fireplace, ceilings with wooden beams and terracotta tiles, loggia, arches
LAND 12 hectares, of which 7 of vineyard Merlot, Malvasia Nera, Vermentino, Colorino, Sangiovese grape varieties)
GARDEN Yes, Landscaped and well-maintained
ANNEX Office, wine tasting room, buildings for vinification, bottling and ageing rooms for storage
ACCESS Unpaved road
POOL 13 x 5 m (Infinity) with sunbathing area
ELECTRICITY Already connected
WATER Private well with UV water disinfection system
GAS Yes, LPG gas tank
TELEPHONE Already connected
NEAREST TOWNS Radda In Chianti (6km; 10’); Siena (25km; 30’); Greve In Chianti (26km; 36’); San Gimignano (51km; 1h); Firenze (55km; 1h 5’); Arezzo (62km; 1h); Volterra (65km; 1h 20’); Montalcino (66km; 1h 10’); Montepulciano (75km; 1h 5’); Pienza (82km; 1h 15’); Cortona (83km; 1h 10’); Perugia (119km; 1h 25’); Lucca (127km; 1h 38’); Pisa (142km; 150’); Forte dei Marmi (158km; 1h 55’); Roma (247km; 2h 35’)
NEAREST AIRPORTS Firenze Peretola (64km; 1h); Perugia Sant’Egidio (130km; 1h 30’); Pisa Galileo Galilei (155km; 1h 40’); Bologna Marconi (155km; 1h 55’); Roma Ciampino (258km; 2h 30’); Roma Fiumicino (276km; 2h 40’)
See more Vineyards in Italy for sale