Organic Agriturismo in Umbria for sale. Super value property, farm with Agriturismo, organic vineyards and olive grove 70 hectares of land, swimming pool, olives, in a good location not far from Trasimeno Lake and the Tuscan border.
Splendid Italian Business Opportunity. Ideal for Owner Operator.
On the green hills of Umbria, near to Tuscany and Trasimeno Lake is this 70.0-ha farm with an Agriturismo (total of 6 bedrooms and 9 bathrooms), an organic vineyard (2.3 ha) and an organic olive grove (7.0 ha).
This wine estate is located in a very private, quiet and reserved position and reached via a well-maintained unpaved road. All the necessary services are available in a nearby village (2km; 5’). The excellent location is perfect for easy driving to several interesting towns in Umbria and Tuscany, such as Assisi, Perugia, Montepulciano and Cortona.
The closest airport is in Perugia (47km; 50’) but for international flights Rome (3h), Pisa (2h 45’) and Bologna (2h 50’) are recommended.
Farmhouse N°1 is currently used as the owners’ residence and accommodation business (roughly 470 sqm – 5,057 sqft) totalling up to six bedrooms, nine bathrooms, a kitchen, a laundry room, restaurant hall with professional kitchen, shop, technical rooms and a few service rooms.
The Agriturismo could provide up to 20 beds, but the business has not been running since 2014.
Farmhouse N°2 houses a large warehouse (200 sqm – 2,152 sqft) currently used as a vehicle shelter and a storage room for the farm tools and machinery.
The agricultural surface area of the estate would allow the building of a wine cellar (in addition to the existing buildings). In 2008 a project was approved for the construction of a building to be used as a wine cellar (roughly 750 sqm, partially underground) but the building was never actually started.
The estate covers a total surface area of 70.0 hectares, split between the two farmhouses spanning respectively 45 ha (N°1) and 25 ha (N°2), 4 km from each other. The first one, the larger of the two, houses the buildings for the accommodation business, the owners’ house and the vineyards.
Over half of the surface area is covered by coppice woodland (47.1 ha) which is also used to feed the wood-burning boiler (80 kW) for the heating system of the property.
The remaining surface area is covered by arable and grazing land (12.5 ha), organic vineyards (2.3 ha), DOP olive grove (7.0 ha), chestnut grove (1.0 ha), a small fruit orchard (less than 1,000 sqm) and a vegetable garden for products which can be used in the Agriturismo.
A few metres from the farmhouse N°1 is the 12 × 6 m swimming pool with terracotta-paved solarium and salt-water chlorination.
The estate has three different solar plants producing a total power of roughly 212 kW.
– Solar plant A: installed on August 2009 on the ground in farmhouse N°1 to be used by the Agriturismo, this plant can produce up to 20 kW of power;
– Solar plant B: installed on October 2010 on the roof of the workshop in farmhouse N°2, this plant produces up to 12 kW of power to be used by the building itself;
– Solar plant C: installed on April 2011 on the ground in farmhouse N°1, this plant can produce up to 180 kW of power which is totally sold for a yearly income totalling roughly 10,000 € per year (as of 2016).
The estate is also renting 24.0 hectares of land neighbouring with farmhouse N°2 for a yearly cost of 300 € and expiration date in November 2027. The buyers could always withdraw from the contract or keep it running based on their needs.
The farm has a nice vineyard with organic certification whose grapes are processed by a third-party cellar to produce excellent IGP wines (red, white and rosé). The construction of the above-mentioned cellar would allow exploiting the vineyards first-hand.
– Vineyard surface area: 2.3 hectares
– Varieties: Sangiovese, Grechetto, Malvasia, Trebbiano, Incrocio Manzoni
– Altitude: 500 m
– Average yield (grape): 6 tons/ha
– Yearly production: 12,000 bottles
The olive grove of the estate has the organic certification and produced excellent extra-virgin olive oil, whose processing is carried out with specific methods that preserve its qualities unaltered.
– Surface area: 7.0 hectares (approx. 1,600 trees)
– Cultivar: Frantoio, Leccino, Moraiolo, Dolce Agogia
- TYPE: Farm with Agriturismo, organic vineyards and olive grove
- CONDITION: Fully restored
- LOCATION: Hilly, panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY: Umbertide
- PROVINCE: Perugia
- REGION: Umbria
- INTERIORS: 670 square metres (7,209 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 20
- BEDROOMS: 6
- BATHROOMS: 9
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, wooden beams, terracotta floors, stone fireplaces, organic certification, restaurant, professional kitchen, pool with solarium, photovoltaic system
- LAND: 70.0 hectares (2.3 ha vineyards + 7.0 ha olive grove + 1.0 ha chestnut grove + 12.5 ha arable and grazing land + 0.1 ha fruit orchard + 47.1 ha woodland)
- GARDEN: Yes, all around the buildings
- ANNEXES: Workshop
- ACCESS: Well-maintained unpaved road
- SWIMMING POOL: 12 × 6 m
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Private well (with gathering cisterns)
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: Wood-burning boiler
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Town with services (2km; 5’), Castel Rigone (12km; 20’), Umbertide (20km; 30’), Magione (21km; 30’), Passignano sul Trasimeno (22km; 30’), Perugia (30km; 45’), Cortona (34km; 45’), Città di Castello (39km; 40’), Gubbio (51km; 1h), Montepulciano (59km; 1h 5’), Assisi (62km; 1h 5’), Todi (78km; 1h 15’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Perugia San Francesco (47km; 50’), Firenze Peretola (163km; 2h), Roma Ciampino (219km; 2h 55), Pisa Galilei (224km; 2h 45’), Bologna Marconi (227km; 2h 50’), Roma Fiumicino (234km; 2h 45’)
See more Italian vineyards and wineries for sale