Organic Olive oil farm estate with agriturismo for sale near Torrita di Siena in Tuscany. 45.8 hectares (113.2 acres) land, gardens, two swimming pools. Potential to add another 2 apartments. Nice opportunity especially for a hands-on owner.
Organic Olive Oil Estate with Agriturismo
In a lovely location on the Tuscan hills on the border between Valdichiana and Val d’Orcia and not far from Montepulciano and Torrita di Siena, is this organic olive oil estate with farmhouses and Agriturismo for sale. The two farmhouses (475 sqm) have been finely renovated and converted, one into 5 apartments with a total of 6 bedrooms and the other house has a total of 4 bedrooms. The property extends over 45.8 hectares and is home to a large olive grove (1,300 trees) that in combination with the farm’s oil mill (210 sqm) produces excellent extra-virgin olive oil to organic standards.
Services are all available in the villages of Torrita di Siena and Montepulciano (both about 10/15′ drive away) and well-known towns and cities in Tuscany such as Pienza, San Quirico, Cortona, Montalcino, Siena, Florence, Volterra… are all reachable in less than an hour and a half and the municipality of Torrita di Siena is a gateway to the popular Val d’Orcia region and the town of Pienza is less than 20′ drive away.
Farmhouse A has a surface are of 280 sqm – 3,013 sqft with 6 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms and is divided into five apartments for guests. The building has been finely renovated between 1997 and 1998, preserving its rustic appearance but adding refined details that make it cosy and warm. In terms of finishes, an attempt has been made to maintain the original ones wherever possible with antique terracotta floors, wooden beams with terracotta tiles, masonry arches and original fireplaces.
– Apt. N°1 (88 sqm – 947 sqft): large living room, dining room, kitchen, two bedrooms and two bathrooms;
– Apt. N°2 (44 sqm – 474 sqft): entrance, living room with dining area and kitchen, bedroom and bathroom;
– Apt. N°3 (51 sqm – 549 sqft): entrance, living room, dining area, kitchen, terrace, bedroom and bathroom;
– Apt. N°4 (45 sqm – 484 sqft): living room, dining room with open kitchen, bedroom and bathroom;
– Apt. N°5 (52 sqm – 559 sqft): living room with dining area and open kitchen, bedroom and bathroom.
The farmhouse is surrounded by a well-kept garden (4,200 sqm – 1.0 ac), surrounded by tall trees that both shelter it and give privacy. A short distance from the building is the 14 × 5 m swimming pool with terracotta and stone sunbathing area. Under the pool is a pool house (50 sqm – 538 sqft, 1 bathroom) with a technical room, a changing room and a bathroom with a shower.
Next to the farmhouse are two sheds that can shelter several cars.
Farmhouse B has a surface area of 195 sqm – 2,098 sqft with 4 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms on two floors, accessible independently from the outside and connected internally by a staircase. Entering on the ground floor is a large living room that stretches the entire length of the building and houses at one end the dining area with access to the bathroom. Next to the dining area, a door leads to a spacious kitchen. From the living area, two doors open onto two bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms.
Going up to the first floor, the internal staircase leads to a hallway with an exit to the outside porch. From here one has access to both the master bedroom (with bathroom and walk-in wardrobe) and the guest bedroom with private bathroom.
This farmhouse has also been finely renovated to make it suitable for residential or guest accommodation. The rustic finishes have been maintained wherever possible and the farmhouse has the typical terracotta floors, wooden beams on the ceilings and the original brick fireplaces all still in place. Outside, the stone walls have been cleaned and enhanced.
The garden surrounding the farmhouse (4,700 sqm – 1.2 ac) houses the 14 × 5 m swimming pool with rounded contours. The grass sunbathing area surrounding the pool is the perfect place to relax and enjoy the sunny summer days.
Between the two farmhouses is an outbuilding (85 sqm – 915 sqft, up to 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms), currently used as a storage room and shed but potentially convertible into a charming annexe which could be divided into two flats as follows
– App. N°6 (32 sqm – 344 sqft): living room with dining area and open kitchen, bedroom and bathroom;
– App. N°7 (53 sqm – 571 sqft): large living room with dining area and open kitchen, two bedrooms and shared bathroom.
Behind farmhouse A there is a large agricultural warehouse (210 sqm – 2,260 sqft, 1 bathroom) in which is a shop for the sale of olive oil, a guest bathroom, the farm’s olive mill, an oil warehouse and various secondary rooms (very spacious) currently used as storages and workshops for farm vehicles.
The property covers a total area of 45.8 hectares (113.2 acres) spread over the hills surrounding Torrita di Siena and Montepulciano. Almost half of the estate is covered in woodland (20.7 ha) and large portions of arable land (14.4 ha) and pasture land (3.5 ha) could be used to plant a vineyard or other crops typical of the area. The remaining area is occupied by gardens and manoeuvring yards. A private artificial pond (950 sqm) is used to irrigate the fields and crops.
The olive grove (5.9 ha for a total of 1,800 trees) is carefully tended by the owners and produces excellent extra virgin olive oil (from Frantoio, Moraiolo, Leccino and Olivastra varieties) that is processed directly in the farm mill. All processing (from cultivation to pressing and packaging) is carried out according to certified organic methods (UNIEN ISO 9001-2000).
- TYPE: Organic olive oil farm with Agriturismo
- CONDITION: Restored (1997-1998, 2003-2004)
- LOCATION: Hilly, very panoramic
- ACCESS: Unpaved road (1.2 km)
- MUNICIPALITY: Torrita di Siena
- PROVINCE: Siena
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 820 square metres (8,824 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 30
- BEDROOMS: 10 (up to 13)
- BATHROOMS: 13 (up to 15)
- ANNEXES: Shed, storage
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, wooden beams, terracotta floors, brick arches, original fireplaces, wooden fixtures, photovoltaic system, oven, BBQ area, gardens, loggia, organic olive grove, olive mill, artificial pond for irrigation
- TOTAL LAND: 45.8 hectares (113.2 acres)
- OLIVE GROVE: 5.9 hectares (14.6 acres) – 1,300 trees
- GARDEN: Yes, well maintained
- SWIMMING POOL: 14 × 7 m | 14 × 5 m
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected + photovoltaic system (13 kW)
- WATER SUPPLY: Private wells + pond for irrigation
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: LPG (energy class E, F, G)
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Torrita di Siena (7km; 10’), Montepulciano (10km; 15’), Pienza (16km; 20’), San Quirico d’Orcia (21km; 25’), Castiglion Fiorentino (33km; 40’), Cortona (35km; 35’), Cetona (36km; 45’), Montalcino (37km; 45’), Arezzo (46km; 45’), Siena (53km; 50’), Gaiole in Chianti (62km, 1h), Monteriggioni (72km; 1h), Orvieto (81km; 1h 5’), Saturnia (89km; 2h), Grosseto (93km; 1h 35’), Greve in Chianti (98km; 1h 25’), Florence (99km; 1h 20’), San Gimignano (102km; 1h 30’), Volterra (107km; 1h 35’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Perugia San Francesco (79km; 1h 10’), Grosseto C. Baccarini (93km; 1h 35’), Firenze A. Vespucci (120km; 1h 25’), Pisa G. Galilei (181km; 2h 5’), Bologna G. Marconi (202km; 2h 10’), Roma Ciampino (203km; 2h 15’), Roma Fiumicino (217km; 2h 20’)
See more Olive Oil producing properties
Italian homes with Mountain Views