Organic Olive oil farm estate with vineyard and holiday accommodation for sale. Superb investment property with exceptional facilities and amenities. Built on the ruins of an old Tuscan abbey.
Val d’Orcia Tuscan Olive Estate with vineyard and holiday accommodation
This wonderful estate has three villas, olive groves, vineyards and cellar standing in a lovely panoramic position on the Tuscan Amiata hills near to the town of Seggiano (3km; 5’).
This superb property boasts excellent facilities and amenities, infinity swimming pool, exercise gym, sauna, hot tub, glass conservatory, tasting room, underground cellar… and is ideal for anyone looking for a commercial property with multiple income streams.
Built on the ruins of an old abbey and overlooking the lush green Amiata hills.
The buildings making up the property have been finely restored over the years updating and enhancing, beautiful frescoes have been added, whilst still retaining and preserving their original Tuscan style.
Buildings are traditionally constructed from stone, in the typical rustic style, internally we see that wooden beams still support the ceilings, floors are paved in terracotta tiles and walls are plastered and painted in light colours in order to ensure bright and stylish rooms.
The main villa has a surface area of 309 sqm – 3,325 sqft, 4 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms and is spread out over four floors:
– Basement: storage rooms with built-in cupboards, laundry room and cellars;
– Ground floor: living room with open fireplace, library, dining room, kitchen and bathroom. A technical room which can be accessed independently and directly from outside;
– First floor: two double and one single bedroom, all with en-suite bathroom (one equipped with a walk-in closet) plus an independent bathroom;
– Second floor: double bedroom with bathroom.
Guesthouse N°1 has a surface area of 46 sqm – 495 sqft, 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom, and is made up of kitchen, living room and a double bedroom with en-suite bathroom.
Guesthouse N°2 has a surface area of 96 sqm – 1,033 sqft, 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom, and has a gym on the ground floor and an apartment on two floors made up of a double bedroom, a single bedroom and a bathroom.
The cellar of the property (181 sqm – 1,948 sqft, built in 2011) is built underground giving optimal control over the temperature of the rooms. The building also has two toilets for the staff and a playroom/lounge with a fireplace.
Not far from the main villa is located the elegant tasting room,46 sqm – 495 sqft, with a joint glass bioclimatic greenhouse-veranda,62 sqm – 667 sqft.
Adjacent to the Infinity pool, there is another building (42 sqm – 452 sqft) which houses the technical rooms for the pool, a sauna with WC and shower and a hot tub outside.
This farm estate stands in 21.5 hectares of land. The most important part is the olive grove (12.7 hectares) which produces an excellent organic Olivastra olive oil DOP. There is also an organic vineyard (1.3 hectares), woodland (0.6 hectares) and 6.9 hectares of arable and grazing land.
The property has a finely landscaped and established Italian garden with roses and little ponds, hedges, flowers and gravelled walkways.
The Infinity swimming pool is nestled in the middle of the estate and ha an uninterrupted view of the Amiata hills.
The greenhouse is used for growing seedlings for the Italian garden and the vegetable garden, and overwintering for vulnerable plants.
DETAILS ON OIL PRODUCTION
– Surface: 12.7 ha (certified organic)
– Number of trees: ~ 1,700
– Cultivar: Olivastra Seggianese (95%), Frantoiano, Leccino and Moraiolo (5%)
– Altitude: 350 – 450 m
– Harvesting: mechanic
– Yearly production: 7.1 hl (on average)
– Production 2018: 4.7 hl
– Production 2017: 9.8 hl
– Production 2016: 6.7 hl
DETAILS ON WINE PRODUCTION
– Vineyard surface: 1.3 ha
– Varieties: Sangiovese, Merlot and Cabernet Franc
– Altitude: 400 m
– Exposure: Southeast (Sangiovese), Southwest (Merlot, Cabernet Franc)
– Harvesting: manual/mechanical
– Yearly production: up to 5,000 bottles
– Workers: one with a fixed-term contract
– Wines produced: Rosso DOC Maremma Toscana
– Containers in the cellar: stainless steel vats (n°22 for total 234.5 hl), barriques (n°23 for total 51.7 hl), barrels (n°7 for total 34 hl), plastic tubs (n°4 for total 9.9 hl), demijohns (n°8 for total 3.5 hl)
A lovely property with multiple income streams. The olive oil and wine production secure a steady income and can easily be expanded. Short term holiday rentals at the estate are extremely popular especially with the facilities on offer.
- TYPE Organic Olive oil farm estate with villa, infinity pool, vineyards, olive grove and cellar
- CONDITION Renovated
- LOCATION Hilly, panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY Seggiano
- PROVINCE Grosseto
- REGION Tuscany
- SIZE 782 sqm (8,415 sqft)
- ROOMS 20
- BEDROOMS 7
- BATHROOMS 7
- FEATURES Stone walls, wooden beams, terracotta tiles, fireplaces, frescoes, Italian rose garden, small ponds, vegetable garden, vineyards, olive groves, tasting room, greenhouse, Infinity swimming pool, hot tub, sauna, yoga area, pizza oven, BBQ
- LAND 21.5 ha (1.3 ha vineyards + 12.7 ha olive grove + 0.6 ha woodland + 6.9 ha arable and grazing land)
- GARDEN Yes, all around the buildings
- ANNEXE Several residential and rural buildings
- ACCESS Excellent
- POOL Yes
- ELECTRICITY Already connected
- WATER Mains water + wells for irrigation (2)
- GAS LPG
- HEATING Radiators (pellet system)
- TELEPHONE Already connected + ADSL
- NEAREST TOWNS Seggiano (3km; 5’), Castiglione d’Orcia (15km; 25’), Montalcino (23km; 30’), Pienza (32km; 45’), Montepulciano (39km; 55’), Siena (63km; 1h 20’), Grosseto (65km; 1h), Orvieto (80km; 1h 35’), Follonica (105km; 1h 25’), San Gimignano (109km; 2h), Volterra (124km; 2h 5’), Florence (136km; 2h 20’), Pisa (217km; 2h 40’), Lucca (238km; 2h 50’)
- NEAREST AIRPORTS Grosseto Baccarini (70km; 1h 5’), Perugia Sant’Egidio (125km; 2h), Firenze Peretola (147km; 2h 15’), Pisa Galilei (213km; 2h 30’), Roma Ciampino (220km; 2h 50’), Bologna Marconi (228km; 3h 10’), Roma Fiumicino (235km; 2h 45’), Milano Linate (424km; 4h 50’), Milano Malpensa (478km; 5h 20’)
See more Olive Oil producing properties