Organic Olive oil farm estate with vineyard and 5 bed farmhouse for sale near to Città di Castello in Umbria and close to the Tuscan border. 25 hectares (18 ha olive grove + 1.2 ha vineyards + 3 ha arable land + 2.8 ha woodland). Nice opportunity for a hands-on owner.
Award Winning Olive Oil Estate with vineyard
In a lovely location, near to the Tuscan border, this farm property produces at the moment around 7.5 tons of olive oil but when all the juvenile trees mature you can expect to boost production up to around 20 tons per year. The small vineyard (1.2 ha) would be capable of producing up to 15,000 bottles a year and therefore the property offers a very interesting commercial venture especially for a “hands on” owner.
The farmhouse has a surface area of approx. 400 sqm – 4,304 sqft and is laid out over four floors comprising:
– Ground floor: entrance hall, gym with dressing room, bathroom and shower, sauna, Turkish bath and two bedrooms with en-suite bathroom;
– First floor: living room with dining area, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom;
– Second floor: multipurpose room and two double bedrooms with en-suite bathroom;
– Third floor: storage loft (80 sqm – 861 sqft).
A small annexe (42 sqm – 452 sqft) is located next to the farmhouse which houses a mini-apartment on two floors, an oven, the well, a two-car garage and a veranda.
A warehouse (503 sqm – 5,412 sqft) on two floors houses two bathrooms, the offices, a small shop and the processing rooms. The layout on two floors allows processing products on both the ground floor (which is vehicle-accessible) and the lower floor.
Please note that the following production data refers to past years when the vineyards were still exploited to their full potential. It is possible to restart the production of wine.
– Vineyard surface: 1.2 ha
– Varieties: Sangiovese (♦), Cabernet Sauvignon (♦), Merlot (♦), Chardonnay (♦), Sauvignon Blanc (♦)
– Yearly production: 15,000 bottles (10,000 ♦ + 5,000 ♦)
Olive trees growing at the property (approx. 8,000 trees in total) are split between two different farms(18 ha in total). Production is constantly increasing since the most recent tree plantings (2012) are not fully mature and productive yet. Trees of farm A (15 ha, the most recent) are fitted with an irrigation system (root and foliage) and are already compatible with a mechanical harvest. Furthermore, groves are divided by variety so that each variety can be harvested at the peak of maturation (veraison).
Olive oils from the estate have been awarded several prizes. The most recent ones, in 2019, came from Slow Food Italia (with two distinct olive oils which were awarded a quality certificate) and from the participation in the Japan Olive Oil Prize 2019, where the estate ranked second over 242 other producers.
The farming business is run with organic natural methods.
OLIVE GROVE 15 ha
YEAR OF PLANTATION 1993 – 2012
Gentile di Anghiari (8%)
Dolce Agogia (5%)
Pendolino (1%, pollinator)
OLIVE GROVE3 ha
YEAR OF PLANTATION 16th and 17th century
ALTITUDE 300 – 500 m
YEARLY PRODUCTION Approx. 7.5 tons (up to 20 tons at full production)
HARVEST Manual (mechanization possible)
- TYPE Farm with 18 hectares of olive grove and a small vineyard
- CONDITION Renovated
- LOCATION Hilly
- MUNICIPALITY Città di Castello
- PROVINCE Perugia
- REGION Umbria
- SIZE 945 sqm (10,168 sqft)
- ROOMS 12
- BEDROOMS 5
- BATHROOMS 7
- FEATURES Stone walls, wooden beams, terracotta floors, barrel vaults, olive grove
- LAND 25 hectares (18 ha olive grove + 1.2 ha vineyards + 3 ha arable land + 2.8 ha woodland)
- GARDEN No
- ANNEXE Storage room, agricultural warehouse
- ACCESS Excellent
- POOL No
- ELECTRICITY Already connected
- WATER Mains water + well
- GAS LPG
- HEATING Radiators
- TELEPHONE Already connected
- NEAREST TOWNS Town with services (8km; 10’), Monte Santa Maria Tiberina (16km; 20’), Città di Castello (19km; 20’), Umbertide (20km; 20’), Castiglion Fiorentino (29km; 35’), Sansepolcro (36km; 30’), Arezzo (41km; 1h), Anghiari (42km; 40’), Cortona (42km; 55’), Gubbio (50km; 50’), Perugia (64km; 55’), Montepulciano (66km; 1h 15’), Assisi (77km; 1h), Siena (98km; 1h 30’), Firenze (111km; 1h 50’)
- NEAREST AIRPORTS Perugia Sant’Egidio (62km; 45’), Firenze Peretola (132km; 1h 50’), Pisa Galilei (192km; 2h 30’), Bologna Marconi (211km; 2h 20’), Roma Ciampino (243km; 2h 40’), Roma Fiumicino (258km; 2h 45’), Milano Linate (415km; 4h 15’), Milano Malpensa (469km; 4h 50’)
See more Olive Oil producing properties