Mixed use property on the Chianti hills of Tuscany, 30 mins from Florence. Large restored historic villa, staff accommodation, plus guest annexes, 5.3 hectares (13.1 acres) land inc garden, vineyard, olive grove, wine cellar. 14 bedrooms in total at the moment but possible for up to 17
Historic Tuscan villa, guest annexes, vineyard, olive grove
On the Tuscan Chianti hills near San Casciano in Val di Pesa and about 30 mins from Florence is this historic villa with guest accommodation, vineyard and olive grove for sale. The property (over 1,500 sqm) is in excellent condition and also offers offering three additional accommodation units for potential guests (14 bedrooms in total). The land of 5.3 ha is mostly occupied by Chianti Classico DOCG vineyards (3.2 ha) and olive groves (1.1 ha).
Services are all available in the nearby village (1km; 5′), reached via a short dirt road in excellent condition. Many well known Tuscan towns and cities such as Florence, Siena, Volterra, Pisa, San Gimignano… can be easily and quickly reached in around an hour or less by car.
The historic villa has a surface area of 981 sqm – 10,556 sqft with a total of 10 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms and is an imposing stately structure on three floors above ground and currently divided into two residential units.
The main door of the villa opens to a large reception hall with a fireplace.
From here you pass on one side to the formal dining room, which in turn is connected to the kitchen, while the other side leads to the chapel (also accessible from the outside) and the first bedroom with bathroom. Also from the hall, a door on the side opposite the entrance leads to the villa’s monumental staircase to the upper floor.
Remaining on the ground floor, a secondary door at the back of the building opens onto an entrance corridor that leads to a large internal staircase (leading to the first floor of the building) and the janitor’s apartment, located at the corner of the villa. This service dwelling (also accessible from a secondary door located on the wall below the villa) consists of a living area with kitchen and fireplace, two bedrooms, and a bathroom.
The first floor is reached by two staircases, both of which lead to a majestic hall with a connection to a small library and private office space. At the back of the floor is a large dining room with a kitchen and a service bathroom. On the short sides of the building are the bedrooms. On the north side we have two bedrooms with a shared bathroom in the middle; on the south side three bedrooms and a bathroom. Continuing up the staircase from the secondary entrance, we reach the second floor (which could be easily made totally independent by closing the door to the second floor along this staircase).The staircase ends in a large dining room with a kitchen, connected to a living room that leads in turn to two bedrooms and the bathroom. A spiral staircase then leads to the panoramic rooftop terrace. On the opposite side, a door leads instead to a series of attic rooms, all usable but which could be renovated and converted into bedrooms and bathrooms.
Next to the villa, on the main terrace, is a small orangery (37 sqm – 398 sqft) that is used as a summer lounge and/or relaxation area.
Underneath the villa, with access from a porch, is a small apartment (77 sqm – 828 sqft, 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom) consisting of large living room with kitchenette, dining room with exit to the porch, bedroom and bathroom. The door to the janitor’s apartment is located next to this apartment.
Also below the villa, with access from various points along the wall that supports the structure, are a small warehouse (25 sqm – 269 sqft) and a wine cellar (149 sqm – 1,603 sqft) fully equipped to produce Chianti Classico DOCG wine and vinsanto, presently only producing vinsanto.
In front of the villa, across the small bridge, is a guesthouse (89 sqm – 958 sqft, 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom) on two floors: entering the level of the villa you find yourself on the upper floor where a bedroom and bathroom are located; the internal staircase then descends to the lower level where the living area with kitchen angle is located. To the side of the building is the old oven, still functioning and ideal for outdoor dining. Under the annexe, is a garage (116 sqm – 1,248 sqft) where cars and tools for working the fields and gardens can be stored.
Seperate but next to the villa, is a farmhouse (99 sqm – 1,065 sqft, 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms) that is used as a guesthouse. On the lower floor is the cellar, while on the upper floor are the living quarters, which is organized around a central corridor with four doors leading to the kitchen, living/dining room and two bedrooms, respectively. At the end of the corridor, the last door is to the bathroom.
The villa is surrounded by about 5.3 hectares (13.1 acres) of hilly land set in the early Chianti hills. Around the buildings are 2,800 sqm of garden with large paved terraces and views of the surrounding countryside. A pool could be built in the property, permission has already been given by the municipality.
To the northwest of the villa lies the vineyard (3.2 ha), fully registered as Chianti Classico DOCG. The vineyard could be exploited together with the cellar below the villa to produce excellent Tuscan wine.
To the southeast, on the other hand, we find an olive grove (1.1 ha) with many trees already in full production (more than 350 plants) that allow the production of oil.
The remaining area (7,000 sqm) is covered by small plots of mixed woodland dividing the property from the neighboring farmland.
- TYPE: Mixed use property – Historic villa, guest annexes, vineyard, olive grove
- CONDITION: Restored
- LOCATION: Hilly, panoramic
- ACCESS: Unpaved road (1 km)
- MUNICIPALITY: San Casciano in Val di Pesa
- PROVINCE: Florence
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 1,573 square metres (16,925 square feet)
- BEDROOMS: 14 (up to 17)
- BATHROOMS: 10 (up to 13)
- ANNEXES: Several buildings
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone and brick walls, wooden beams, terracotta flooring, fireplaces, paved terraces, monumental staircase, manorial chapel, porch, guesthouse, garden, garage, wine cellar, Chianti Classico DOCG vineyards, olive grove
- LAND: 5.3 hectares (13.1 acres)
- VINEYARDS: 3.2 hectares (7.9 acres)
- OLIVE GROVE: 1.1 hectares (2.7 acres)
- GARDEN: Yes, around the buildings
- SWIMMING POOL: Not at present but possible as already authorized
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water + accumulation cistern
- TELEPHONE: To be connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: LPG (guesthouses) + gasoil (villa)
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Closest services (2km; 5’), San Casciano in Val di Pesa (6km; 10’), Greve in Chianti (13km; 15’), Radda in Chianti (25km; 35’), Florence (32km; 30’), Colle di Val d’Elsa (33km; 30’), San Gimignano (38km; 45’), Monteriggioni (40km; 40’), Montevarchi (46km; 1h), Siena (56km; 50’), Volterra (59km; 1h), Pisa (83km; 1h 10’), Arezzo (89km; 1h 10’), Montalcino (94km; 1h 25’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Firenze A. Vespucci (40km; 35’), Pisa G. Galilei (80km; 1h), Bologna G. Marconi (119km; 1h 25’), Grosseto C. Baccarini (131km; 1h 45’), Perugia San Francesco (169km; 2h), Roma Ciampino (300km; 3h 20’), Roma Fiumicino (316km; 3h 20’)
See more Villas for sale in Italy