Superb luxury mansion villa in Lombardy, an approx 1-hour drive from Milam. Prestige historic property standing in beautifully landscaped gardens. Home and event location or could also be turned into a boutique hotel.
Restored Historic Mansion Villa
The present building dates back to the 19th century and has been recently restored. It includes large event halls, three guest suites (6 bedrooms in total) and a beautiful underground historic cellar. The grounds include an Italian garden (1,200 sqm) with observatory and an English park (5,000 sqm).
The mansion villa is located in a very convenient location ideal for commuting, just two minutes from a town with services, and you can easily and quickly reach the most interesting cities of Northern Italy such as Como, Milan, Pavia, Bergamo, Ivrea, Turin.
Malpensa airport is only 20’ away and the airports in Linate, Bergamo, Turin and Bologna are very convenient also.
The villa has a surface area of 1,100 sqm – 11,836 sqft with 6 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms on four floors comprising:
– Basement: historic cellars (currently used for events), ice room and old original cistern;
– Ground floor: entrance room, cellar, kitchen with pantry, sitting room and guest bathroom;
– First floor: five large reception halls (three of which communicate with each other) currently used for events and ceremonies (for a total of 150 seats);
– Second floor: three guest suites:
– Suite A: two double bedrooms and bathroom;
– Suite B: large double bedroom and bathroom;
– Suite C: living room with kitchen, double bedroom, a gallery with a single bedroom, twin bedroom and bathroom.
Exiting the villa you find yourself on a huge stone-paved veranda with a cover and windows that allow you to control its temperature and making it usable all year long: this space is ideal for events and can easily accommodate up to 230 guests. At the side of the terrace, there is a private chapel and a lemon house.
At the end of the Italian garden, is the observatory, the roof could of which could be opened to look at the stars. On the lower floor is a well-hidden beautiful nymphaeum decorated with multicoloured stones.
The villa is first mentioned in the Austrian cadastral registry of 1722. Of this older building, only the vaulted cellars remain today. In the early 19th century the villa was rebuilt over the ruins of the previous building and in 1830 the mansion villa takes its current look.
In the 1950s the villa was bought by the current owners who, between 1998 and 2000, undertook a massive restoration project bringing the villa back to its original intended splendour.
At the rear, there is a well-maintained square-shaped Italian garden (1,200 sqm – 0.3 ac). Crossed by gravel walkways and enclosed by hedges, this garden is the perfect location for cocktails and buffets, whilst also being the perfect backdrop for photoshoots and videos.
On the front, there is the English park (5,000 sqm – 1.2 ac), which is dotted with centuries-old trees and decorative flowers. Currently, the park is home to several works of art and is an open-air museum. Two gravelled aprons are used to park cars (capacity of up to 75 vehicles).
The remaining surface area (2,300 sqm – 0.6 ac) is covered by woodland.
The property is currently mainly used as an event location, thanks to the features and large spaces available, both inside and outside. The floor with the bedrooms could be reworked to create more bedrooms, which would allow a higher number of guests if you were interested in converting into a boutique hotel.
- TYPE: Luxury mansion – restored historic villa with landscaped gardens and historic cellars
- CONDITION: Luxury finishes
- LOCATION: Hilly
- MUNICIPALITY: Varese
- PROVINCE: Varese
- REGION: Lombardy
- INTERIORS: 1,100 square metres (11,836 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 20
- BEDROOMS: 6+
- BATHROOMS: 5+
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, wooden and marble floors, wooden beams, large windows, frescoes, historic cellars with brick vaults, private chapel, park, observatory, veranda, parking for guests
- LAND: 8,500 square metres (2.1 acres)
- GARDEN: 6,200 square metres (1.5 acres, Italian garden and English park)
- ANNEXES: Lemon house, chapel, an observatory
- ACCESS: Excellent
- SWIMMING POOL: No
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: Municipal network
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators + air conditioning
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Town with services (1km; 2’), Varese (19km; 20’), Como (38km; 40’), Milan (42km; 50’), Novara (49km; 55’), Lugano (54km; 50’), Stresa (62km; 50’), Pavia (79km; 1h), Vercelli (83km; 1h), Bergamo (83km; 1h 10’), Biella (99km; 1h 10’), Ivrea (113km; 1h 20’), Brescia (128km; 1h 30’), Turin (142km; 1h 45’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Milano Malpensa (20km; 20’), Milano Linate (58km; 50’), Bergamo Caravaggio (83km; 1h), Torino Pertini (143km; 1h 30’), Bologna Marconi (252km; 2h 30’)
See more Italian Luxury property
Other properties that may be of interest you
- Villa in Tuscany for sale A superb villa in Tuscany Italy for sale. Restored with luxury finishes throughout this large spacious and stylish mansion is suitable for a variety of uses both residential and commercial.…
- Hotel Real Estate Italy Looking to buy Hotel real estate in Italy? This upmarket boutique hotel in Piedmont could be ideal. Fully restored, the property has 17 guest bedrooms, restaurant, swimming pool, an Orangerie…
- Lake Garda Lake Garda property for sale. At present, a large villa divided into 5 apartments but could also be converted to make a hotel with up to 16 bedrooms or turned…