Luxury Italian estate for sale, located near San Miniato, castle style villa, annexes, 20.8 hectares (51.4 acres) of land, vineyard, olive grove.
Tuscan Estate with Villa, vineyard, olive grove
Discover your dream Italian estate, situated halfway between the picturesque cities of Pisa and Florence, and just a stone’s throw away from the charming hamlet of San Miniato. This stunning rural hamlet is a haven of peace and tranquillity, complete with a beautiful 16th-century manor house and several annexes, surrounded by lush vineyards, olive groves, and arable land.
This magnificent property spans over 1,800 square meters and is set on 20.8 hectares (51.4 acres) of fertile land. If you have ever dreamed of producing your own wine or olive oil, the agricultural outbuildings on the estate would allow you to do just that. The property includes a large vineyard of approximately 10.0 hectares and an olive grove of 4.0 hectares, which are currently rented to third parties but could easily be put back into production with the right vision and expertise.
As you approach the property, you will be greeted by a convenient paved road that leads you to the hamlet. The nearby village (only 4km away) has all the essential amenities that you need, while Pisa, Florence, and Lucca are less than an hour’s drive away, making it easy to explore and enjoy the surrounding areas.
The villa itself is spread over three floors and boasts five spacious bedrooms and four bathrooms. The ground floor houses the reception area, consisting of four large rooms with beautiful wooden beams and terracotta floors. On the western side of the level, you will find the large formal dining room and a bedroom with an en-suite bathroom at the end of the corridor. Ascending to the piano nobile, you will find a landing that leads to a bedroom with an en-suite bathroom on one side and a central sitting room on the other. From here, you can access two additional bedrooms with a shared bathroom and a reading room that leads to the last bedroom with a private bathroom. On the top floor, you will find the building’s lofts, which can be used as playrooms and/or additional bedrooms.
The building dates back to the 16th century, but its current appearance was made in the 19th century: the romantic crenellations and the false-ashlar stone frames were added during this period. The building remained steadily inhabited until the end of the 19th century when the villa was used as a summer residence by the family. The current owners undertook a major rebuilding project in 1973 to restore the building to its former glory.
Next to the villa, distributed around the building, are the old wine cellar (109 sqm – 1,173 sqft), a room used as a shed with storage (60 sqm – 646 sqft), the aristocratic chapel (60 sqm – 646 sqft) and, attached to it, a two-story dependence (122 sqm – 1,313 sqft, 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom) consisting of a living area, two bedrooms and bathroom.
A short distance from the villa, beyond the chapel, is the old farmhouse. On the ground floor is a series of large warehouses (250 sqm – 2,689 sqft), which were once used to shelter animals and agricultural equipment. The building could still be used for agricultural purposes, or converted to a different use after verification with the competent authorities. On the first floor, on the other hand, is the caretakers’ apartment (104 sqm – 1,119 sqft, 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom) consisting of a large living area with a terrace and open kitchen, closet, two bedrooms and bathroom.
Just southwest of the complex is the underground wine cellar (roughly 650 sqm – 6,994 sqft), a new building currently unused but easily restarted if so desired.
Conveniently located on a paved road, the hamlet is just 4km from the nearby village, which offers all the necessary services. The famous cities of Pisa, Florence, and Lucca are less than an hour’s drive away, making this a perfect location for exploring the rich history and culture of Tuscany.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to own a piece of history in one of the most beautiful regions of Italy. Don’t miss your chance to make this exquisite property your own!
- TYPE: Luxury Italian estate – hamlet with castle style villa
- CONDITION: Mainly restored
- LOCATION: Hilly, panoramic
- ACCESS: Excellent, paved road
- MUNICIPALITY: San Miniato
- PROVINCE: Pisa
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 1,883 square metres (20,261 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 24
- BEDROOMS: 9+
- BATHROOMS: 6+
- ANNEXES: Several residential and agricultural buildings
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, wooden beams, terracotta floors, ashlar, crenellations, manorial chapel, wine cellar, alarm and video-surveillance system, vineyards, olive grove
- LAND: 20.8 hectares (51.4 acres)
- VINEYARDS: 10.0 hectares (24.7 acres)
- OLIVE GROVE: 4.0 hectares (9.9 acres)
- GARDEN: Yes, well maintained
- SWIMMING POOL: No
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected + photovoltaic system (19.5 kW)
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water + Artesian well (irrigation)
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: LPG
- HEATING SYSTEM: Heat pump + air conditioning + pellet boiler
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Closest services (4km; 5’), Empoli (13km; 25’), Pontedera (26km; 30’), San Gimignano (39km; 50’), San Casciano in Val di Pesa (39km;40’), Pistoia (42km; 55’), Volterra (48km; 1h), Florence (49km; 1h) Pisa (51km; 50’), Lucca (52km, 1h), Siena (74km; 1h 10’), Viareggio (78km; 1h 10’), Forte dei Marmi (81km; 1h 15’), Montalcino (112km; 1h 50’), Arezzo (119km; 1h 30’),
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Pisa G. Galilei (48km; 40’), Firenze A. Vespucci (42km; 40’), Bologna G. Marconi (131km; 1h 35’), Grosseto C. Baccarini (177km; 2h), Genova C. Colombo (211km; 2h 35’), Roma Ciampino (330km; 3h 30’), Roma Fiumicino (343km; 3h 35’)
See more Luxury Real Estate in Italy