Luxury home for sale in Tuscany comprising a small estate with a large restored 16th-century villa, guest annexe, pool, gardens, land, olive grove. Lovely property on the banks of the river Arno near Arezzo.
Restored Tuscan villa plus guest annexe, pool, gardens, land, olive grove
Located near to Arezzo on the banks of the river Arno the villa has been finely restored and features 7 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms with beautiful reception rooms with very classic and elegant finishes. The guest annex features 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. There is also a a private chapel and a 10,000-sqm park garden which softly descends towards the river and houses a 12 × 6 m swimming pool. In total, the estate covers 6.7 ha of land.
Services are all available in a nearby town just a few minutes away nearby town (2km; 4’) and the city centre of Arezzo is only 15’ away by car. The location of the property is an ideal location from which to visit towns and cities such as Florence, Siena, Montepulciano, Pienza, Montalcino, Monteriggioni….
The stately villa has a surface area of 900 sqm – 9,684 sqft with 7 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms with an exquisite late-Renaissance style on three floors. The basement retains the old cellars and storage areas. With independent access from outside is also a laundry.
On the ground floor you enter an elegant and bright reception room with fireplace, characterized by a ceiling almost five metres high with large wooden beams. At the four corners of the villa we find a billiard room, the spacious eat-in kitchen, a dining room with exit to the garden, the library / reading room with private office and bathroom and a small bedroom with private bathroom. The villa also has a noble chapel (20 sqm) and a small garage (20 sqm).
On the back, a windowed hallway leads to the stone staircase that goes up to the first floor. Here you come to an elegant central living room which then leads to five bedrooms, all with private bathrooms. From the hallway of the stairwell you can still go up to the second floor, where there is a service kitchen and a bedroom with bathroom, to form a sort of independent mini-apartment. Climbing further you finally arrive at the belvedere (30 sqm) which offers an unparalleled view of the surrounding countryside.
The guesthouse has a surface area of 105 sqm – 1,130 sqft with 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. it is a stone building, set a few steps from the villa, laid over two floors. The lower floor accommodates two independent bathrooms and two bathrooms, while the upper floor is made up of a spacious living are with cooking corner and a bedroom with bathroom.
The estate, covering altogether roughly 6.7 hectares (16.5 acres), is set along the banks of the Arno river. On the western side, the villa is surrounded by trees, which ensures great privacy, while on the opposite side are the meadows and the olive grove (over 8,500 sqm) that can produce sufficient extra-virgin olive oil for personal use.
The guesthouse is enriched by a small private garden, well maintained and enclosed by a stone wall, planted with roses and ornamental flowers that fill the property with colour during spring and summer. In total, the park of the villa spans roughly 10,000 sqm and gradually fades into the river.
A short distance from the villa, behind the guesthouse, is also a 12 × 6 m swimming pool with a rounded contour.
A lovely property in a beautiful location.
- TYPE: 16th-century stately villa with guest annexe
- CONDITION: Restored
- LOCATION: Open and sunny, by the river Arno
- ACCESS: Excellent
- MUNICIPALITY: Arezzo
- PROVINCE: Arezzo
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 1,045 square metres (11,244 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 20+
- BEDROOMS: 10
- BATHROOMS: 11
- ANNEXES: Guesthouse, chapel, garage
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, original terracotta and wooden flooring, wooden beams, original stone fireplaces, belvedere, large windows, pietra serena frames, garden, chapel, small garage, olive grove
- EXTERIORS: 6.7 hectares (16.5 acres)
- GARDEN: 10,000 square metres (2.5 acres)
- SWIMMING POOL: 12 × 6 m
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water
- TELEPHONE: To be connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: Natural gas
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Closest services (2km; 4’), Arezzo (9km; 15’), Anghiari (22km; 25’), Castiglion Fiorentino (25km; 35’), Cortona (37km; 50’), Montevarchi (42km; 40’), Montepulciano (57km; 55’), Pienza (65km; 1h 5’), Siena (67km; 1h 10’), Florence (82km; 1h 15’), Montalcino (85km; 1h 20’), Monteriggioni (86km; 1h 20’), San Gimignano (124km; 1h 40’),
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Perugia San Francesco (95km; 1h 20’), Firenze Vespucci (98km; 1h 10’), Pisa Galilei (160km; 2h), Bologna Marconi (180km; 2h 5’), Roma Ciampino (236km; 2h 30’), Roma Fiumicino (251km; 2h 35’)
See more Luxury property listings