Luxury home for sale in Tuscany comprising an estate with a restored 17th-century villa, pool, gardens, land, olive grove, potential vineyard and outbuildings. Formerly owned by the well known Australian artist, Jeffrey Smart.
Restored Tuscan villa pool, gardens, land, olive grove, potential vineyard and outbuildings
When you view this property, you will understand why Jeffrey Smart fell in love with it, bought it, renovated it and lived in and enjoyed it for over 40 years.
Located near to Pergine Valdarno the estate covers 15.7-hectares with woodland (8.2 ha), large olive grove (4.6 ha) with 1,550 olive trees capable of producing up to 11 hl of extra-virgin organic oil per year and the remaining land is made up of arable land (1.9 ha) including a small potential vineyard (1.0 ha).
The villa, built in the Leopoldine style, has a surface area of 354 sqm – 3,809 sqft with 3 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms and is laid out on two levels, comprising.
– Ground floor: entrance hall, bathroom, laundry room, an independent apartment made of two rooms plus bathroom, large central living room with a modern open-space kitchen;
– First floor: living room with fireplace, kitchen, dining room, glass-enclosed loggia currently used as a living/dining room, master bedroom with en-suite bathroom, double bedroom and independent bathroom.
This luxury home is then completed by two rural buildings (respectively 24 sqm – 258 sqft and 78 sqm – 839 sqft) and the old barn (98 sqm – 1,054 sqft) on two floors, converted into a painting retreat and finally a two-car garage (57 sqm – 613 sqft).
The villa has been stylishly restored, retaining its traditional countryside style and look with terracotta floors, wooden beams, arches, an imposing stone fireplace, a stone staircase, a portico and a loggia which is enclosed by large windows which allow year-round use.
The villa is surrounded by a stylish and very elegant garden (approximately 3,000 sqm) with a 14 ×5 m Infinity pool. The perfectly maintained space is enriched by pathways, numerous ornamental plants and flowers such as magnolias, azaleas and rhododendrons.
The property includes 1 hectare of agricultural land which is particularly suitable to plant a small vineyard.
The neighbour has planted a vineyard right next to it.
The estimated production of a vineyard of one hectare could be around 70 hectolitres.
There is an employee at the property – as the owners do not live in Italy – working five days a week + a couple of hours in the weekend (just looking after chickens). His salary is € 2.300 per month (this includes ordinary maintenance costs too).
The income from olives in a good harvest year is around € 10.000.
There is also a small return on eggs and vegetables
TYPE: Luxury home comprising a Tuscan estate with a restored 17th-century villa, pool, gardens, land, olive grove, potential vineyard and outbuildings
LOCATION: hilly, panoramic
MUNICIPALITY: Pergine Valdarno
INTERIORS: 611 square metres (6,573 square feet)
TOTAL ROOMS: 21
MAIN FEATURES: terracotta floors, wooden beams, vaulted ceilings, arches, stone fireplace, stone staircase, portico, loggia, Infinity swimming pool, olive grove, two separate guest accommodation buildings
LAND: 15.7 hectares (8.2 ha woodland + 4.6 ha olive grove + 1.9 ha arable land + 1.0 ha potential vineyards)
GARDEN: yes, very well-maintained
ANNEXES: several buildings
ACCESS: elegant cypress-lined avenue
SWIMMING POOL: 14 × 5 m (Infinity)
ELECTRICITY: already connected (energy class G)
WATER SUPPLY: already connected
TELEPHONE: already connected
GAS: already connected
HEATING SYSTEM: radiators
CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Pieve a Presciano (1km; 2’), Pergine Valdarno (3km; 5’), Montevarchi (17km; 20’), Arezzo (23km; 30’), Firenze (64km; 1h), Cortona (44km; 55’), Siena (46km; 45’), Montepulciano (61km; 50’), Pienza (69km; 1h 5’), Montalcino (74km; 1h 15’), San Gimignano (82km; 1h 15’), Perugia (106km; 1h 20’), Gubbio (111km; 1h 40’); Assisi (128km; 1h 35’), Spello (133km; 1h 35’), Todi (146km; 1h 45’)
CLOSEST AIRPORTS Firenze Vespucci (76km; 1h), Perugia San Francesco (115km; 1h 25’), Pisa Galilei (144km; 1h 20’), Bologna Marconi (170km; 2h 5’), Roma Ciampino (239km; 3h), Roma Fiumicino (282km; 3h 10’)
See more Luxury property listings
Other properties that may be of interest you
- Tuscan farmhouse home Beautifully restored Tuscan farmhouse home with 39 hectares of land, olive grove, gardens and swimming pool. Quiet countryside location with magnificent views, not far from Figline Valdarno. Figline Valdarno Tuscany…
- Tuscan country villa, olives, land Castiglion Fiorentino Tuscan country villa located close to Castiglion Fiorentino and comprising a restored 18th-century property with 11 hectares of land, garden, orchard and olive grove. Possibility to add further living space.…
- Farmhouse with pool, land and vineyard Italy real estate in the Tuscan countryside near to Volterra, a 522 sqm farmhouse restored with 8 letting bedrooms and 2 bedroomed owners accommodation, 14.7 hectares of land, vineyard(0.5 ha),…