Luxury home and small estate for sale comprising a prestigious Tuscan villa set in beautiful gardens near the city of Lucca with guest accommodation and a former chapel for a total of 12 bedrooms. The property is finely restored and in excellent condition.
Prestige Home Lucca Tuscany
This prestigious property is just 10 kilometers from the city of Lucca and is in an enviable but private location, not too far from shops, restaurants and services, with easy access to Tuscany’s historic cities and towns.
Ideal as a luxurious home it could also be partly or fully used for upmarket tourist accommodation.
The property is in excellent condition, finely restored and renovated, and stands in well-kept Italian gardens with a 12 × 6 m swimming pool plus around 120 olive trees.
This lovely villa home has a surface area of 965 sqm – 10,383 sqft with 9 bedrooms and 11 bathrooms and unfolds on 5 levels.
Recently skillfully restored and renovated, bringing it back to it’s original splendour and charm whilst updating and adding modern comfort’s.
The villa’s style is characterized by elegant rooms and remarkable unique decorations. The ceilings are all painted and feature 16th-century grotesque motifs or typical 18th and 19th-century trompe-l’œil frescoes with depictions of human figures and cherubs against a sky background. The frescoes are the work of the painter Francesco Bianchi: of particular interest is a painting that depicts the Carthaginian queen Dido welcoming Aeneas as he tells her about the fall of Troy, it is a reproduction of an original work by Pierre Narcisse Guérin (1774-1833) preserved in the Louvre.
The frescoes were recovered and restored by a skilled specialist company from Florence. On the top floor, the ceilings feature wooden beams and roofs, painted in light colours that allow the rooms to remain bright whilst still maintaining the classic wooden beams.
The floors on noble floors are marble, including the typical Lucca black-and-white checkered floors. There are also parquet floors, featuring exquisitely crafted inlays with floral and geometric patterns. The top floor, in general, features a cleaner and less artistic style, favouring practicality over historic decorations.
The basement has been converted into a wellness centre with a spa and sauna area and features beautiful vaulted exposed brickwork ceilings.
On the ground floor is the living area of the villa. From the front entrance, you have access to all the rooms on the floor, which include a kitchen, the formal dining room, a second dining/living room with a bathroom, and an office with a bathroom.
Going up to the upper floor, you reach a large reception hall with an office and tea room and two bedrooms with a shared bathroom in between (one of which also has a private sitting room).
Going up further, on the second floor there is a suite with a private bathroom and sitting room, an office leading to two sitting rooms, two bedrooms with a shared bathroom, and a fourth bedroom with a private bathroom.
Finally, going up to the top floor we find a generous hall used as a games room, a small guest bathroom, and three bedrooms with private bathrooms (one of which has a private sitting room).
The guest house has a surface area of 355 sqm – 3,820 sqft with a total of 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and houses a communal living room, the garage, and two independent apartments:
– Apt. A (ground, first floor): sitting room, living room with kitchenette, bedroom and bathroom;
– Apt. B (first floor): living room with kitchenette, bedroom and bathroom.
This has also been renovated, and while from the outside it resembles a manor house, inside it was decided to give it a more rustic and classical style, with exposed stone walls, wooden beams and terracotta floors.
The chapel has a surface area of 95 sqm – 1,022 sqft with 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom and is no longer consecrated. It has been converted into asmall event area on the ground floor (ideal for music, thanks to the excellent acoustics which are so typical of churches), while the upper floor houses a studio apartment with a kitchenette, sleeping area, and a small bathroom.
The villa has a beautiful well maintained Italian garden (about 2,800 sqm) which is recreated in the classical style with gravel paths and hedges with geometric patterns that frame green areas maintained with love and care by the owners. On a raised terrace, adjacent to the annex, is a second garden (800 sqm) that houses the 12 × 6 m swimming pool built in 2017 with salt purification and an automatic pH control unit. Surrounding the pool is a terracotta sunbathing area with umbrellas.
Below the villa, along the hillside, are about 120 olive trees (on about 5,000 sqm) that produce up to 160 kg of oil per year, ideal for personal use, which should be considered organic as the owners have never applied chemical treatments on the trees.
The villa has two driveways, both closed by automatic gates with an intercom. A surveillance system connected with a private security service allows the entire property to be kept under control remotely.
This lovely property, close to the city of Lucca is ideal for anyone looking for a prestige luxury private home or a luxury property in which to start a high-end accommodation business near one of the most beautiful cities in Italy.
- TYPE: Luxury home – Historic stately villa
- CONDITION: Restored, luxury finishes
- LOCATION: Hilly, panoramic
- ACCESS: Excellent, paved road
- MUNICIPALITY: Lucca
- PROVINCE: Lucca
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 1,415 square metres (15,225 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 35
- BEDROOMS: 12
- BATHROOMS: 14
- ANNEXES: Guesthouse, chapel
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, wooden beams, brick arches, vaulted ceilings, frescoed ceilings, marble and inlaid wooden floors, mouldings, wellness center, manorial chapel, Italian garden, swimming pool with terracotta-paved sunbathing area, gravelled yards, automated gates, alarm and video-surveillance systems, olive grove, garage
- EXTERIORS: 8,600 square meters (2.1 acres)
- GARDEN: Yes, well maintained
- SWIMMING POOL: 12 × 6 m
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water
- TELEPHONE: To be connected
- ADSL: yes
- GAS: natural gas
- HEATING SYSTEM: radiators
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Closest services (1km; 2’), Capannoni (6km; 10’), Lucca (10km; 20’), Pisa (24km; 30’), Viareggio (34km; 35’), Pistoia (42km; 35’), Forte dei Marmi (44km; 40’), Livorno (57km; 50’), Volterra (64km; 1h 15’), San Gimignano (71km; 1h 25’), Florence (76km; 1h 10’), Colle di Val d’Elsa (120km; 1h 25’), Monteriggioni (123km; 1h 30’), Siena (139km; 1h 40’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Pisa G. Galilei (44km; 35’), Firenze A. Vespucci (67km; 45’), Bologna G. Marconi (149km; 1h 35’), Perugia San Francesco (231km; 2h 30’), Roma Ciampino (359km; 3h 45’), Roma Fiumicino (373km; 3h 40’)
See more Luxury homes for sale in Italy