Luxury Florence home and estate for sale comprising a prestige Tuscan villa set in beautiful Italianate gardens overlooking the city of Florence with various buildings for a total of 31 bedrooms. The estate is just 2km from Florence, easily walkable or 5 mins by car.
Prestige Home Florence Tuscany
This prestige estate borders the city of Florence and is in an enviable but private location, close to shops, restaurants and services, with easy access to Tuscany’s historic cities and towns.
Ideal as a luxurious home it could also be partly or fully used for upmarket tourist accommodation.
The main villa has a surface area of 1,400 sqm – 15,064 sqft with 10 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms and lays at the heart of the property. Spreading over three floors for a total of nine living/sitting rooms, ten bedrooms and six bathrooms. The many halls boast old terracotta and wooden floors (with wide planks as was usual in the past), decorated carved stone fireplaces, coffered wooden ceilings with beams and pietra serena frames. Rooms have large windows and the walls painted in light colours making the ambient very bright and cosy. Bedroom areas are mostly floored in high-end parquet and fitted with large windows offering a unique view over the historic centre of the city of Florence.
To the rear, the villa has a beautiful Italian garden with hedges, enclosed by a stone wall, an ideal place to relax and enjoy the pleasant Tuscan climate.
Inside the estate’s grounds are several other buildings, some of which were formerly used in the agricultural activities carried out on the property and nowadays are fully restored to make comfortable dwellings.
The farmer’s house has a surface area of 400 sqm – 4,304 sqft with 10 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms and is a large farmhouse offering nine living/sitting rooms, ten bedrooms and six bathrooms laid out over two floors.
The dependance has a surface area of 340 sqm – 3,658 sqft with 6 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms is the result of the restoration of a house of the estate. The building includes four living/sitting rooms, six bedrooms and four bathrooms.
The gardener’s house with a surface area of 70 sqm – 753 sqft with 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom is a small one-story building housing two living/sitting rooms, two bedrooms and a bathroom, which could be easily used as an accommodation for a caretaker/ warden.
The last two buildings have both been converted into small residences, the former firewood shed with a surface area of 60 sqm – 646 sqft with 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom and the gattaia with a surface area of50 sqm – 538 sqft with 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom.
This prestige estate covers an area of approximately 7.5 hectares. The portion closest to the buildings is covered in a well-maintained garden with large gravelled driveways which could easily be used as a parking lot for cars or to host events and ceremonies. Along the road leading up to the main villa are olive trees.
The estate with its unrivalled position overlooking the city of Florence is ideal for anyone looking for a luxury private home or a luxury property to start a high-end accommodation business in one of the most beautiful cities of Italy. Furthermore, the presence of multiple buildings would allow the owners to keep living in part of the property whilst renting the other spaces to guests.
- TYPE Luxury home and estate. 7.5-ha estate with manor villa and various annexes
- CONDITION Habitable
- LOCATION Panoramic overlooking the historic centre of Florence
- MUNICIPALITY Florence
- PROVINCE Florence
- REGION Tuscany
- SIZE 2,320 sqm (24,963 sqft)
- ROOMS 50
- BEDROOMS 31
- BATHROOMS 19
- FEATURES Stone walls, a portico with columns, pietra serena fireplaces, stone staircases, columns with Corinthian capitals, old terracotta floors, wooden floors, parquet, coffered ceilings, wooden beams, panoramic terraces, Italian garden, olive grove
- LAND 7.5 hectares (18.5 acres)
- GARDEN Yes, well-maintained around the buildings
- ANNEX Farmhouse, villa, gardener’s house, firewood shed, gattaia
- ACCESS Excellent
- POOL No
- ELECTRICITY Already connected
- WATER Mains water
- GAS Municipal network
- HEATING Radiators
- TELEPHONE Already connected + ADSL
- NEAREST TOWNS San Casciano in Val di Pesa (17km; 20’), Greve in Chianti (30km; 40’), Colle di Val d’Elsa (48km; 45’), Radda in Chianti (49km; 55’), San Gimignano (55km; 1h), Siena (72km; 1h), Volterra (75km; 1h 15’), Arezzo (82km; 1h), Pisa (83km; 1h 15’), Montalcino (109km; 1h 40’), Montepulciano (115km; 1h 30’)
- NEAREST AIRPORTS Firenze Vespucci (11km; 20’), Pisa Galilei (80km; 1h 5’), Bologna Marconi (106km; 1h 30’), Perugia San Francesco (165km; 1h 55’), Roma Ciampino (293km; 3h), Roma Fiumicino (307km; 3h)
See more Luxury homes for sale in Italy
Other properties that may be of interest you
- Tuscany luxury property Tuscany luxury property for sale comprising a small estate with a large main villa, converted gatehouse and a private chapel. Superb gardens, olive grove and woodland. 11 bedrooms in total…
- Home for sale Florence Italy Luxury villa home for sale near Florence which also provides rental income. An ideal retirement property. 15 bedrooms, pool and gardens. Recently renovated and updated. Home in Incisa Val d’Arno…
- Luxury Property Fiesole Florence Tuscany A few minutes from Florence city centre in the direction of Fiesole is this large (634 square metres - 6,822 square feet) luxury Tuscan property inside a 16th-century villa. Comprising…