You cannot fail to be impressed by this historic and palatial Italian property. A superb luxury villa, former home to Italian nobles and two of Napoleon’s sisters, the estate covers 111.0 hectares (274.3 acres) with several residential and agricultural buildings, Italian gardens, swimming pool, Helipad, security system and a large olive grove with over 3500 trees. There are also sea views over the Tuscan coast.
Prestige Lucca Tuscany Real Estate
Built originally for the Italian Trenta noble family, the origins of the villa can be clearly traced back to the 17th century and was owned by Trenta family until 1783 when it passed onto another Italian noble family, the Mansi.
In 1812 Elisa Baciocchi (Napoleon’s sister) bought the villa which however kept its then rustic countryside style. Between 3 March and 5 June 1815 the villa, upgraded to a luxury countryside villa, was lived in by Paolina Borghese (another of Napoleon’s sisters) in the time following Napoleon’s escape from Elba when the duchess was closely watched by the forces of the Seventh Coalition.
The property has a superb location on the hills of Lucca and enjoys a beautiful sea view. Not far from a town providing all the everyday needs (4km; 5’) and from Lucca (14km; 30’). Other Tuscan cities (Florence, San Gimignano, Volterra and Siena) can be easily reached in less than two hours whilst the Tuscan coast is no more than 30 minutes away by car.
The villa has a surface area of 1.220 sqm – 13,127 sqft with 5 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms with five floors linked inside by an elevator.
– Underground floor: pool room with direct access to the garden;
– Basement: Large dining room, professional kitchen, living room with stone fireplace, pantry, cooled cellar and two bathrooms;
– Ground floor: entrance hall, living hall with fireplace and French windows, master bedroom with en-suite bathroom and walk-in closet, office, dining room, living room with fireplace, wardrobe and service bathroom;
– First floor: three double bedrooms with en-suite bathroom, service bedroom with en-suite bathroom, studio/library with bathroom;
– Second floor: laundry/ironing room, wardrobes.
The estate has several other rural and residential buildings used by the farm. These buildings are partly restored (three country houses totalling 310 sqm – 3,336 sqft) and part to be restored and/or finished (several farmhouses, storage rooms and two manorial chapels totalling 1,292 sqm – 13,902 sqft).
This Italian property stands in 111.0 hectares of Lucca’s countryside, with a beautiful sea view over the Tuscan coastline. Stepping outside the villa there is a nice paved terrace with two staircases which lead down to the underlying Italian garden.
The uppermost terrace, at the same level as the building, houses the large swimming pool with whirlwind (16 × 8 m) and a helipad.
The slope below the villa is covered by a huge olive grove (3,500 trees) which would allow the production of up to 30 quintals of extra-virgin olive oil.
- TYPE: Prestige estate with historic villa several residential and agricultural buildings, Italian gardens, swimming pool, Helipad, security system and an olive grove with over 3500 trees
- CONDITION: luxury finishes
- LOCATION: hilly, panoramic with views over the Tuscan coast
- MUNICIPALITY: Lucca
- PROVINCE: Lucca
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 2,822 square meters (30,365 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 30+
- BEDROOMS: 5+
- BATHROOMS: 8+
- MAIN FEATURES: stone walls, wooden beams, ceramic, terracotta and wooden floors, Trompe l’Oeil frescoes, fireplaces, frames and decorations in pietra serena stone, vaulted ceilings, Italian garden, helipad, alarm system with video surveillance and outdoor sensors
- LAND: 111.0 hectares (274.3 acres)
- GARDEN: yes, Italian
- ANNEXES: several residential and agricultural buildings
- ACCESS: excellent
- SWIMMING POOL: 16 × 8 m
- ELECTRICITY: already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: mains water
- TELEPHONE: already connected
- ADSL: yes
- GAS: Gasoil
- HEATING SYSTEM: radiators + air conditioning
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Town with services (4km; 5’), Lucca (14km; 30’), Viareggio (16km; 30’), Pisa (26km; 35’), Forte dei Marmi (29km; 30’), Livorno (46km; 50’), Florence (92km; 1h 30’), San Gimignano (107km; 1h 50’), Volterra (115km; 1h 35’), Siena (155km; 1h 55’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Pisa Galilei (33km; 35’), Firenze Vespucci (82km; 1h 5’), Bologna Marconi (164km; 2h), Milano Linate (268km; 2h 50’), Roma Fiumicino (347km; 3h 45’), Milano Malpensa (322km; 3h 25’), Roma Ciampino (374km; 3h
Other properties that may be of interest you
- Tuscany luxury property Tuscany luxury property for sale comprising a small estate with a large main villa, converted gatehouse and a private chapel. Superb gardens, olive grove and woodland. 11 bedrooms in total…
- Prestige Property Prestige Historic villa with gardens, olive grove, guesthouse, swimming pool and superb panoramic view. Could this be your Luxury Italian home? Luxury property for sale in Italy Located near…
- Italy Business Italy Business for sale comprising a restored Hamlet with boutique hotel accommodation business, restaurant, church, swimming pool, helipad, land, gardens and olive grove. Ideal for weddings, conferences, events and tourist…