This Le Marche real estate comprises a large villa, now transformed and renovated into a super country house complex offering tourist accommodation (8 beds) with a breakfast room as well as separate 2-bed owner’s quarters. Pool, gardens, land, vineyard. Located about 7 km from the town of Matelica. Could also be used as a prestige private residence.
Luxury Marche Property – Home and Income
This luxurious house is located in a very tranquil and convenient position on the Marche hills between the Apennines and the Adriatic Sea.
The estate consists of a large magnificent villa (8 bedrooms), a guesthouse – owners accommodation (2 bedrooms + 2 garages), and a small private chapel, and it is now run as a boutique hotel.
A smart breakfast room, a lovely panoramic swimming pool overlooking the valley, and a small vineyard round out the property (1.6 ha).
All services are available in the nearby town (5km; 5′), and many of the Marche’s most significant towns and cities are easily accessible by car (Fabriano, Camerino, Jesi, Macerata, Ancona, Fano, Gradara…).
The property is about a one-hour drive from the coastline.
The main villa residence has a surface area of 495 sqm – 5,326 sqft and three levels, with eight bedrooms and ten bathrooms.
The ground level, which was previously the villa’s cellars, is now a sophisticated, beautiful restaurant with a professional kitchen and guest facilities.
Staff quarters, including a dressing room and a restroom, are located towards the back.
The main staircase on the first floor opens into a central corridor that leads immediately into two living rooms and the first bedroom, which has its own sitting area and private bathroom.
The living area connects to three further guest bedrooms, each with its own private bathroom.
The second level has a central sitting area that leads to four further bedrooms, each with its own private bathroom.
A modest outbuilding (55 sqm – 592 sqft) adjacent to the villa has an oven, a firewood shelter, and a storage room.
The structure was recently repaired and restored with the goal of preserving its original beauty.
The restaurant was built inside the original basements, and you can still see the stone walls and wooden beam ceilings.
The villa’s top levels have a more aristocratic design, with terracotta flooring, exquisite baths, and décor typical of grand countryside estates.
Walls are plastered and/or tiled with lightly-coloured ceramic tiles: this makes the property very bright and welcoming thanks to the fact that light can easily bounce inside the rooms.
A short distance away from the villa is an independent house with a surface area of 210 sqm – 2,260 sqft, 2 bedrooms, and 1 bathroom that is utilised as the owners’ private residence and consists of a huge living room with fireplace, kitchen, two bedrooms, and bathroom.
On the bottom floor, there are three large storage rooms that might be converted into a wine cellar.
A modest storage facility is located right next to the house (15 sqm – 161 sqft).
A lovely renovated chapel (60 sqm – 646 sqft) is located beyond the road, not far from the home, and is available to be used for individual events.
The home is surrounded by a large and well-kept garden encompassing around 3,000 square metres, making it ideal for gatherings and outdoor celebrations.
The property’s swimming pool, with its unusual clover shape design, is located just below the home, in a secluded and panoramic location (roughly 85 sqm).
The basin is encircled by a stone-paved sunbathing area with views of the valley and is accessible by gravelled walks leading from the villa.
A large, gravelled space (between the villa and the owner’s house) is excellent for parking.
The property’s remaining acreage (approximately 6.4 hectares) includes a small vineyard (1.6 ha) directly next to the house, arable land (3.2 ha) suitable for growing additional vines and/or crops, a small olive grove (5,600 sqm), and small patches of coppice woods (1.1 ha).
After being stylishly rebuilt and updated, the villa is now operated as a boutique hotel, with eight guest bedrooms and an attractive breakfast room.
The owners presently reside in the 2-bed private home, but the villa could alternatively be used as a prestige private residence if you were not interested in continuing the holiday business.
- TYPE: Le Marche real estate – large villa with separate owner home, currently running as a boutique hotel
- CONDITION: Restored, luxury finishes
- LOCATION: Open and sunny, panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY: Matelica
- PROVINCE: Macerata
- REGION: Marche
- INTERIORS: 835 square metres (8,985 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 17
- BEDROOMS: 10
- BATHROOMS: 11
- MAIN FEATURES: Masonry building, terracotta floors, wooden beams, refined decorations, historic cellar converted into a breakfast room, terraced garden, vineyards, ample guest parking, private chapel
- EXTERIORS: 6.7 hectares (16.5 acres)
- GARDEN: 3,000 square metres (0.7 acres)
- ANNEXES: Owner’s house, chapel, storage
- ACCESS: Excellent
- SWIMMING POOL: 85 sqm (clover-shaped)
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water + private well
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: Natural gas
- HEATING SYSTEM: Already connected
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Closest services (5km; 5’), Matelica (7km; 10’), Fabriano (14km; 20’), Camerino (24km; 30’), Tolentino (37km; 45’), Jesi (44km; 40’), Gubbio (50km; 50’), Macerata (51km; 1h), Ancona (73km; 1h), Assisi (74km; 1h 10’), Senigallia (79km; 1h), Marotta (87km; 1h), Fano (101km; 1h 10’), Gradara (126km; 1h 25’), Urbino (142km; 1h 40’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Ancona R. Sanzio (57km; 40’), Perugia San Francesco (67km; 55’), Rimini Miramare (142km; 1h 30’), Roma Ciampino (248km; 2h 50’), Bologna Marconi (261km; 2h 45’), Roma Fiumicino (264km; 3h)
See more Italian home and income properties