Large farmhouse with land and stables located near to Città di Castello and the Tuscan border. 9 bedrooms, with potential for another 4. 14.0 hectares (34.6 acres) land Stables for 10 horses and menage. Would be ideal for a riding school and/ or equestrian holidays in Italy.
Umbria Equestrian Property
On the border between Umbria and Tuscany, in a hilly and panoramic position is this large stone farmhouse with 14.0 hectares of land. The recently renovated farmhouse has 9 bedrooms which are spread over three floors and has all the typical features and characteristics of country buildings in this beautiful area. The land of the property is mainly arable / pasture and is ideal for horses thanks to its flat nature.
Services are all available in Città di Castello (about 9 km) and other towns and cities of Umbria and Tuscany such as Anghiari, Sansepolcro, Castiglion Fiorentino, Cortona, Perugia, Siena, Florencecan be reached in less than two hours.
Perugia airport is the closest (61km; 50 ‘) but the terminals of Florence, Pisa, Bologna and Rome are just as convenient.
The large farmhouse has a surface area of 570 sqm with 9 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms, three floors comprising:
– Ground floor: entrance that divides the floor into two sections; on one side there are a living room, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom; on the other a kitchen, living room, dining room and bathroom;
– First floor: six double bedrooms, three of which with en-suite bathroom;
– Second floor: two bedrooms and four rooms in a builders finish (potentially convertible into 4 more bedrooms for the property).
The property includes a stable with ten boxes for horses, a barn and two drying rooms in front of the farmhouse (about 45 square metres each). In front of the stable, there is also a menage of 40 × 20 m.
The property covers an area of roughly 14.0 hectares which is mostly covered by arable land and grazing (13.5 hectares). The remaining land is covered by mixed woodland (0.5 ha).
On the grounds, there is also a small lake which is currently used for the irrigation of the land. The surfaces of the estate are all flat and therefore very suitable if you want to breed horses. The stable is already present, as well as a training ground in front of it.
An excellent property at a very good price with further potential to expand the accommodation and to make an equestrian business in the heart of the Italian countryside.
- TYPE: Large farmhouse with land and stables
- CONDITION: Restored
- LOCATION: Hilly, very panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY: Città di Castello
- PROVINCE: Perugia
- REGION: Umbria
- INTERIORS: 660 square metres (7,102 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 18
- BEDROOMS: 9 (up to 13)
- BATHROOMS: 5+
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, wooden beams, terracotta floors, vaulted ceilings, stables for horses, private lake
- LAND: 14.0 hectares (34.6 acres)
- GARDEN: Yes, fenced
- ANNEXES: stable, barn, drying barns to be restored
- ACCESS: Unpaved road (800 m)
- SWIMMING POOL: No, but possible
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water + private well + lake for irrigation
- TELEPHONE: To be connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: LPG
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Città di Castello (9km; 10’), Citerna (10km; 15’), Monterchi (11km; 15’), Anghiari (19km; 25’), Sansepolcro (19km; 25’), Umbertide (32km; 30’), Arezzo (37km; 40’), Castiglion Fiorentino (39km; 45’), Cortona (54km; 1h), Perugia (61km; 50’), Passignano sul Trasimeno (71km; 1h), Montepulciano (83km; 1h 20’), Siena (104km; 1h 30’), Florence (113km; 1h 40’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Perugia San Francesco (60km; 45’), Firenze Vespucci (131km; 1h 40’), Pisa Galilei (191km; 2h 20’), Bologna Marconi (194km; 2h 20’), Roma Ciampino (242km; 3h), Roma Fiumicino (260km; 3h)