Piedmont Italy Business for sale comprising a working Barolo wine estate with cellar, 6.7 hectares of vineyards (+ 1.2 ha rented), 2 apartments plus permissions to build a further 180 sqm.
Barolo Winery Business
Excellent opportunity to purchase a working winery with further potential. Located just a few minutes from a town in the Langhe region of Piedmont, an area famous for its fine wines, cheeses and truffles.
The estate currently produces up to 50,000 bottles of wine per year including the renowned Barolo DOCG and has two apartments with a total of 5 bedrooms. There is permission to build a further 180 sqm of buildings which could be to expand the cellar or create more accommodation.
The wine cellar has a surface area of 750 sqm – 8,070 sqft on two floors and includes the winemaking rooms, the ageing cellar, a bottling and packaging line and a tasting room/wine shop. Outside the cellar, there is also a convenient parking area.
Adjacent to the cellar there is a residential building made up of two apartments with a total of 5 bedrooms recently restored. One on the ground floor with a surface area of 90 sqm – 968 sqft and one on the upper floor, with a surface area of 90 sqm – 968 sqft.
There is also a small plot of land with permission to build a further 180 sqm (1,937 sqft) of buildings, which could be for another residential unit or to expand the wine cellar.
The estate has 6.7 hectares of vineyards with Nebbiolo and Dolcetto vines, plus 1.2 hectares of rented vineyards (Nebbiolo and Barbera). The owned vineyards, as is often the case in Piedmont and particularly in the Barolo area, are split among three different plots of land: the biggest of them (4.0 ha) is planted with Nebbiolo da Barolo vines, together with a small 0.2-ha vineyard right next to the cellar. The other owned vineyard (2.5 ha) is planted with Nebbiolo and Dolcetto.
A small woody area next to the cellar could be cleared and used to plant a few more vines.
The business is currently renting a further 1.2 hectares of vineyards which are planted with Nebbiolo and Barbera and used to boost the yearly production.
DETAILS ON WINE PRODUCTION
– Vineyard surface area: 6.7 hectares (+ 1.2 ha rented)
– Varieties: Nebbiolo and Dolcetto (owned) + Barbera (rented)
– Years planted: 1982 – 2004
– Altitude: 250 – 400 m asl
– Exposure: south, southeast, southwest
– Density: 4,100 – 4,500 vines / ha
– Training: Guyot
– Soil composition: clayish, calcareous
– Yearly production: up to 50,000 bottles
– Barolo DOCG: Nebbiolo 100%
– Langhe Nebbiolo DOC: Nebbiolo 100%
– Barbera d’Alba DOC: Barbera 100%
– Dolcetto d’Alba DOC: Dolcetto 100%
An ideal opportunity to purchase a working Italian business producing excellent wines with all the appropriate licences and a versatile property that can be further expanded.
- TYPE: Italy business – Working Wine estate
- CONDITION: Newly built
- LOCATION: Hilly, panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY: Barolo
- PROVINCE: Cuneo
- REGION: Piedmont
- INTERIORS: 930 square metres (10,006 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 15
- BEDROOMS: 5
- BATHROOMS: 5
- MAIN FEATURES: Barolo DOCG vineyards, wine cellar, wine shop and tasting area, apartments
- LAND: 6.7 hectares (16.5 acres)
- GARDEN: No, but possible
- ANNEXES: House
- ACCESS: Excellent
- SWIMMING POOL: No
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: Municipal network
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Town with services (500 m; 2’), Barolo (8km; 10’), Novello (12km; 15’), Alba (14km; 15’), Asti (36km; 30’), Carmagnola (40km; 45’), Nizza Monferrato (47km; 40’), Acqui Terme (63km; 1h), Cuneo (65km; 1h), Turin (73km; 1h), Casale Monferrato (92km; 1h), Genoa (162km; 2h)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Cuneo Levaldigi (47km; 50’), Torino Pertini (103km; 1h 25’), Genova Colombo (143km; 1h 45’), Milano Linate (169km; 1h 50’), Milano Malpensa (184km; 1h 50’)
Other properties that may be of interest you
- Italian Winery and Vineyard for Sale A well known Italian winery and vineyard for sale with a small agriturismo, located close to Barolo in Piedmont. Barolo Wine Estate with wine production facilities and 11.0 hectares (9.2…
- Vineyard for sale Italy Organic vineyard and winery for sale in Puglia Italy. 10.0 ha vineyards + 3.0 ha olive grove + 1.1 ha unused land, 6 bed Villa, 3 bed caretakers house, wine…
- Tuscan Organic Wine Estate Tuscan organic wine estate with agriturismo tourist accommodation, winery, olive oil and honey. Excellent business opportunity. Vineyards, Olive groves, honey plus tourist income. Tuscan Organic Winery, Vineyards, Olives, Honey, Agriturismo…