Italian Townhouse in the historical centre of Castiglione del Lago. The 4 storey building has been structurally consolidated but needs finishing internally to become habitable. Super views of Lake Trasimeno from the roof terrace. Simple fixer upper project at a good price in a tourist hotspot.
Home with views on Lake Trasimeno Italy
On the shores of Lake Trasimeno in the historic town centre of Castiglione del Lago is this 155-sqm townhouse which has been structurally revised and now needs its interiors to be finished and updated.
The property is on four floors and once completed you would have a spacious home with up to 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. One of the best features of this home is the 15-sqm panoramic roof terrace which overlooks the Lake with far-reaching lake views.
The property is close to all the necessary services in the town of Castiglione del Lago and quick and easy road transport routes to other historic towns of Umbria and Tuscany (Montepulciano, Pienza, Perugia, Chiusi, Montalcino, Todi) and the airports of Perugia, Rome and Florence.
The townhouse has a surface area of 155 sqm – 1,668 sqft over four floors and dates back to the 16th century when it was probably used as a residence by the prior of the nearby Olivetan convent on the ground and first floors.
– Ground floor: two rooms with bathroom (ideal to rent out as an office, shop etc);
– First floor: kitchen with balcony, dining room and small closet;
– Second floor: living room with fireplace, bedroom and bathroom;
– Third floor: studio/bedroom, bathroom and panoramic terrace (15 sqm – 161 sqft).
The building has been structurally consolidated and only needs its interiors to be finished, a simple and quick project. Typical features such as vaulted ceilings, wooden beams and terracotta tiles have been carefully preserved and valorized so to keep the original style and facade of the building pretty much original and intact.
The ground floor would be suitable for commercial use (possible rental income) as a shop, office, workshop or as part of the overall accommodation.
- TYPE: Historic Townhouse with a panoramic roof terrace and Lake Trasimeno views
- CONDITIONs: Builder’s finish
- LOCATION: Historic town centre
- MUNICIPALITY: Castiglione del Lago
- PROVINCE: Perugia
- REGION: Umbria
- INTERIORS: 155 square metres (1,668 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 8
- BEDROOMS: up to 3
- BATHROOMS: up to 3
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone and brick walls, balcony, panoramic lake view terrace, vaulted ceilings, wooden beams with terracotta tiles, interiors need to be finished
- LAND: No
- GARDEN: No, but a panoramic roof terrace
- ANNEXES: No
- ACCESS: Excellent
- SWIMMING POOL: No
- ELECTRICITY: To be connected
- WATER SUPPLY: To be connected
- TELEPHONE: To be connected
- ADSL: Possible
- GAS: To be connected
- HEATING SYSTEM: To be connected
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Cortona (20km; 25’), Montepulciano (25km; 30’), Città della Pieve (23km; 25’), Castiglion Fiorentino (30km; 35’), Pienza (40km; 50’), San Casciano dei Bagni (42km; 45’), Perugia (48km; 40’), Arezzo (67km; 55’), Orvieto (70km; 1h), Montalcino (72km; 1h 10’), Todi (88km; 1h 10’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Perugia San Francesco (56km; 45’), Firenze Vespucci (141km; 1h 35’), Roma Ciampino (193km; 2h 10’), Pisa Galilei (201km; 2h 10’), Roma Fiumicino (208km; 2h 15’), Bologna Marconi (26km; 2h 25’)
See more cheap property for sale in Italy
Other properties that may be of interest you
- Caprese Michelangelo Fixer Upper Property Caprese Michelangelo Fixer Upper Property, 3-bedroom 2-bathroom apartment with garden. Restored but needing finishing. Easy, quick and cheap project. Not too much work and you could have a beautiful Tuscan…
- Fixer Upper Home Fixer upper home just a few km from Caprese Michelangelo in Tuscany. Three-storey townhouse of 100 sqm is currently in a builder’s finish and would make a cosy one-bedroom home.…
- Italian Fixer Upper Italian fixer upper consisting of an old stone townhouse with garden and garage in the historic town centre of Sansepolcro Tuscany. Nice Renovation Project Sansepolcro Tuscany Located in a very…