Luxury Italian seaside villa for sale on the cliffs just outside Porto Santo Stefano in Tuscany. Private beach access. Large property divided into 4 apartments with 11 bedrooms overall. Ideal for luxury vacation rentals but can also be used as a private prestige home.
Porto Santo Stefano Tuscany Sea View Villa
A lovely sea view property which is ideal as a seaside home, for holidays, or home and income. A very versatile property indeed. Located in an upmarket and very quiet area with excellent privacy but just a few minutes from town.
This splendid seafront villa is located just outside the centre of Porto Santo Stefano. The building (385 square metres) has 11 bedrooms and 12 bathrooms which are divided between four independent apartments and is in excellent condition. Two annexes (138 sqm) complete the property, which also has 2,000 sqm of lush garden with a unique view of the sea. Two gates open onto staircases that go down the cliff to the sea
The villa is currently divided into four independent housing units. The two lower floors (with the first three apartments) are directly accessible from the outside through the beautiful garden. The second floor is reached via the staircase inside the stone-clad tower. This configuration, in addition to the beautiful finishes and the unique and enviable position on the Argentario sea, makes the villa very suitable as an investment for a holiday rentals business thanks to the excellent privacy enjoyed by each unit that has its own exclusive external relevance. Similarly, since all floors are connected internally via the aforementioned staircase, the villa can be experienced as a single luxury private residence on several floors.
Services are all available 2 minutes away in the town of Porto Santo Stefano (700m; 2 ‘) and many towns on the Tuscan coast such as Porto Ercole, Orbetello, Talamone, Castiglione della Pescaia, Punta Ala can be reached in less than an hour. Inland cities such as Siena, Montalcino, Florence are further away but still no more than two and a half hours by car.
The villa has a surface area of 385 sqm with 11 bedrooms and 12 bathrooms divided into four real estate units spread over three floors:
– Apartment A (30 sqm, ground floor): living room with kitchenette and private porch, bedroom and bathroom;
– Apartment B (160 sqm, ground floor): large living room, service bathroom, kitchen, laundry room and five bedrooms (four of which with en-suite bathroom). The kitchen has a private patio with a small garden at the back, which allows you to dine outdoors in complete tranquillity and privacy. On the opposite side, the apartment has a porch overlooking the square from which you then pass to the garden.
– Apartment C (140 sqm, first floor): large living room, service bathroom, kitchen, four bedrooms with en-suite bathroom (one of them with bathtub) and laundry. All rooms in the apartment have views of the property’s garden and the sea. The apartment also has a paved terrace that runs around the building and offers a beautiful view that starting from the garden, moves across the sea to the horizon. An interesting detail, the terrace joins the garden in an organic way and without interruptions, giving harmony to the entire property.
– Apartment D (55 sqm, second floor): dining room with kitchen, living room, bedroom, closet and bathroom. The living room leads out onto the large panoramic terrace (80 square meters) which offers a pleasant outdoor space to relax or to organize outdoor dinners in the pleasant climate of the Argentario. The peculiarity of the terrace is that from here you have a view of the sea from all sides, with the possibility of witnessing very suggestive sunrises and sunsets of rare beauty.
In the past, it was also thought to install an elevator inside the villa that would connect the two upper floors. This possibility is clearly still open and the well would be located where the warehouses/laundries are now located on the stair landings.
The property also has a warehouse (96 sqm) on two floors which could be converted into a lovely guest annexe comprising kitchen, living room, two bedrooms and bathroom. Outside, the building has two comfortable terraces overlooking the sea, one on each floor.
A short distance from the villa there is also a garage (42 sqm) which is currently used as a laundry, ironing room and storage room.
The villa is surrounded by a private garden of about 2,000 square metres, a real green paradise where nature and human works blend in perfect harmony. Typical trees of the Tuscan coast dot the property and create pleasant shaded areas with tables and chairs and is ideal for outdoor dinners or events with friends. For the paved outdoor areas, the Amiata stone was chosen so that the property integrates perfectly into the surrounding environment and once in the garden it seems to be in a typical Tuscan hamlet. Similarly, the plants and flowers that adorn the garden (in addition to the more classic succulents) have been chosen among those typical of the area, so as not to alter the natural balance and allow the plants to grow in a climate suitable for them. , taking into account the characteristics of the soil and the winds that blow on the Argentario. In particular, this selection is effectively able to give great freshness to the garden without requiring great maintenance or special care in irrigation. The property also has convenient parking areas (both private and for any guests) and each unit has reserved parking spaces within the property in order to ensure maximum comfort. On the northwest side of the property, a beautiful infinity pool could also be built just below the villa, further increasing the value of the property and creating an additional outdoor space in which to relax in complete tranquillity.
Two gates in the garden open onto two staircases carved onto the steep cliffside that descend towards the underlying sea. From the parking lot, on the other hand, another gate leads to the private beach, less demanding and more suited for children, located at the base of the promontory and only shared with other owners of villas in the area.
On the opposite side of the promontory, not far from the renowned Cala Piccola, the property also has about 2.6 hectares of wooded land, located in a very panoramic position and easily accessible by car thanks to the roads that cross it. This wood, mainly composed of holm oaks, oaks, pines, strawberry trees, mastic trees and myrtles, is well maintained by the owners with periodic cutting.
A partially flat area of this land could also be used for the construction of a removable shed for a horse, which would have plenty of space available around it.
An ideal home with sea views or possible to gain a return from holiday rentals in this well-loved tourist area of Tuscany.
- TYPE: Luxury waterfront villa
- CONDITION: Excellent
- LOCATION: Panoramic, with access to the sea
- MUNICIPALITY: Porto Santo Stefano
- PROVINCE: Grosseto
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 523 square metres (5,628 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 27
- BEDROOMS: 11 (up to 13)
- BATHROOMS: 12 (up to 13)
- MAIN FEATURES: Terracotta and parquet flooring, wooden beams, Amiata stone paving, ample windows, the possibility of installing an elevator, sea view paved terraces, private sea access, exclusive access to the nearby private beach, ample garden with gravelled aprons, warehouse to be converted into a guesthouse, garage, alarm and video-surveillance system, the possibility of building a swimming pool
- LAND: 2.8 hectares (6.9 acres)
- GARDEN: 2,000 square metres (0.5 acres)
- ANNEXES: Warehouse, dependence
- ACCESS: Excellent, paved road
- SWIMMING POOL: No
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: LPG
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators + air conditioning
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Closest services (700m; 2’), Orbetello (9km; 15’), Porto Ercole (11km; 15’), Talamone (26km; 25’), Grosseto (45km; 40’), Saturnia (59km; 1h 5’), Castiglione della Pescaia (65km; 1h), Punta Ala (87km; 1h 25’), Follonica (92km; 1h 5’), Montalcino (100km; 1h 20’), Siena (118km; 1h 30’), Rome (152km; 2h 10’), Florence (193km; 2h 30’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Grosseto Baccarini (46km; 40’), Roma Fiumicino (142km; 1h 40’), Roma Ciampino (163km; 1h 55’), Firenze Vespucci (199km; 2h 20’), Pisa Galilei (200km; 2h 5’), Bologna Marconi (281km; 3h 20’)
See more Seaside properties in Italy