Splendid opportunity to buy a restored Italian mansion which is currently running as a boutique tourist accommodation business in Tuscany. Very well priced.
Established Accommodation Business in Italy
Near to Caprese Michelangelo and with a beautiful view over Lake Montedoglio is this 660 sqm Italian mansion with 10 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms. The property is currently used as a boutique accommodation business and has 5,000 sqm of private garden with a 12 × 5 m swimming pool and several annexes.
Services are available in Caprese Michelangelo (3km; 5’) and other cities in Tuscany, Anghiari, Montepulciano, Florence, Siena, Montalcino, San Gimignano, can be easily reached in less than two hours.
The closest airport is Perugia (84km; 1h 10’) but for intercontinental flights, we recommend the airports of Florence, Pisa, Bologna or Rome.
The mansion has 7 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms and dates back to the 15th century and has been rebuilt and expanded in the second half of the 19th century. The building still retains its original charm with stone walls, wooden beams, terracotta floors and original fireplaces.
– Ground floor: large entrance hall, family rooms, dining room, living room with fireplace and portico, kitchen, bathroom and boiler room;
– First floor: landing, master bedroom with en-suite bathroom, three double bedrooms and two independent bathrooms.
The owner’s apartment can be accessed directly from outside via a stone staircase and is made up of a large entrance room with cloakroom, kitchen, living room with dining area, studio (potentially a bedroom), three double bedrooms and two bathrooms. Above the apartment, are lofts which are currently unused but could be partially converted into further living quarters.
The guesthouse (3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms), adjacent to the manor house and fully restored in 2006, has modern finishes and is very welcoming:
– Ground floor: living room with fireplace, modern kitchen with dining area and two bathrooms;
– First floor: three bedrooms.
The outdoor loggia, covered in climbing roses, could easily accommodate up to 6 people and is an ideal area to relax.
The garden houses an old chapel (which could be converted into a small studio), the old drying barn (nowadays a warehouse), a laundry room and a garage.
An old warehouse (currently split into four rooms) has permission to be converted into another residential unit with two bedrooms. The building was restored in 2007 (with a total remake of the insulation) but has no systems.
The buildings are in excellent structural condition and still retain many of the original features. The mansion has beautiful living halls with terracotta floors, coffered ceilings with wooden beams and stone fireplaces.
The mansion has a private 5,000-sqm garden dotted with fruit trees (apples, pears, figs and hazelnuts). A short distance from the house there is a 12 × 5 m swimming pool with terracotta solarium.
The property has a beautiful panoramic view over the countryside surrounding Caprese Michelangelo and Lake Montedoglio.
The property is currently managed as a tourist accommodation business, with several bedrooms available for guests.
If you are looking for an established business in Italy then this could be ideal to provide both a home and income with further potential.
- TYPE: Italian mansion with garden, pool and guesthouse
- CONDITION: Restored
- LOCATION: Hilly, panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY: Caprese Michelangelo
- PROVINCE: Arezzo
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 660 square metres (7,102 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 25
- BEDROOMS: 10 (up to 11)
- BATHROOMS: 8
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, wooden beams, coffered ceilings, original fireplaces, cotto and parquet flooring, terraced garden, swimming pool with solarium, panoramic views
- LAND: 5,000 square metres (1.2 acres)
- GARDEN: Yes, mature and well-maintained
- ANNEXES: Chapel, drying barn, laundry room, garage
- ACCESS: Unpaved road (50 m)
- SWIMMING POOL: 12 × 5 m
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: LPG
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators
- Closest cities and towns – Caprese Michelangelo (3km; 5’), Pieve Santo Stefano (11km; 15’), Anghiari (14km; 15’), Sansepolcro (21km; 30’), Arezzo (38km; 45’), Gubbio (83km; 1h 20’), Perugia (86km; 1h 20’), Montepulciano (89km; 1h 30’), Assisi (100km; 1h 30’), Spello (107km; 1h 30’), Firenze (111km; 1h 45’), Siena (109km; 2h 5’), Montalcino (119km; 2h), San Gimignano (155km; 2h 20’)
- Closest airports – Perugia San Francesco (854km; 1h 10’), Forlì Ridolfi (108km; 1h 35’), Firenze Vespucci (125km; 1h 45’), Pisa Galilei (192km; 2h 40’), Bologna Marconi (201km; 2h 20’), Roma Ciampino (263km; 2h 50’), Roma Fiumicino (285km; 3h 10’)
See more Country houses for sale in Italy