Italian hamlet for sale which offers both an interesting opportunity and lots of potential. Mainly restored this Tuscan property offers 38 bedrooms via the many farmhouses. The farm has 108.5 hectares of land.
Very Nice Italian Farm Opportunity
On the hills of Valtiberina, a short distance from Pieve Santo Stefano is this farm hamlet of 108.0 ha with agriturismo and riding school. The hamlet comprises numerous finely restored rural buildings in stone and brick, for a total of 4,155 square metres, 38 bedrooms and 38 bathrooms. The breeding of cattle enables a steady supply of meat produced for the farm, while the riding school offers interesting educational and sports opportunities for guests. The large spaces are also ideal for events and celebrations.
The services are all available in the nearby town (7km; 10 ‘), but the most famous towns of Tuscany and Umbria can still be reached in less than two hours (Sansepolcro, Caprese Michelangelo, Città di Castello, Arezzo, Cortona, Siena, Florence …). The sea is also quickly reachable, Rimini is in fact about 1h 25 ‘by car.
The closest airport is Perugia (87km; 1h) but those of Florence, Bologna, Ancona, Pisa and Rome are easily reachable.
The main house (890 sqm, 17 bedrooms and 13 bathrooms) consists of four apartments (each consisting of a living room, two bedrooms and bathroom), nine bedrooms with private bathroom, two large halls, warehouses and cellars.
The restaurant (400 sqm, 2 bathrooms) is divided into three large halls with professional kitchen, pantry and toilet. In the basement, there are some warehouses, a workshop and butchers for the processing of meat.
The farmhouse N ° 1 (300 sqm, 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom) is structured on three floors and needs renovation:
– Basement and ground floor: warehouses and cellars;
– First floor: living room with kitchen, study, bedroom and bathroom;
– Second floor: large attics, ideal for expanding the apartment below or creating a second one.
Farmhouse N ° 2 (145 sqm, 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms) was formerly a barn and has been converted into a residential unit consisting of three studio apartments with bathroom. On the ground floor, there is also a small cellar.
The farmhouse N ° 3 (320 sqm, 6 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms) was once a stable and now houses the second restaurant of the property (90 sqm) on the ground floor and other apartments.
– Ground floor: apartment (living room with kitchen, two bedrooms and two bathrooms) and restaurant;
– First floor: four two-room apartments each consisting of a living room with kitchen, bedroom and bathroom.
Farmhouse N ° 4 (280 sqm, 8 bedrooms and 9 bathrooms) houses various residential units:
– Ground floor: three two-room apartments (living room with kitchen, bedroom and bathroom), apartment (living room, three bedrooms and three bathrooms) and a large common living room;
– First floor: apartment with living room with kitchen, two bedrooms and three bathrooms.
The farmhouse N ° 5 (140 sqm, 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom), once a barn, is now a nice little house with kitchen, living room/bedroom, bathroom and underground garage (70 sqm).
The farmhouse N ° 6 (130 sqm, 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom) is structured on two floors and consists of a living room with kitchen, sitting room, two bedrooms and bathroom.
Finally, the property is completed by a chapel with a plastered facade and a bell tower. The building is in good condition and still consecrated.
Among the agricultural buildings are a tool shed (120 sqm), a rustic building with oven (60 sqm, with a project for conversion into a living room/play area), a barn (240 sqm), a large barn for cattle (480 sqm ) and a stable with nine boxes and indoor riding (650 sqm).
The buildings of the estate have been restored by respecting their original materials and look, with non-invasive interventions and with an eye to the environment. The buildings are all made out of local stone, well-insulated and fitted with ventilated roofs and updated compliant systems (electric, hydraulic, heating, fire-extinguishing and services for disabled people). The properties for agricultural use are also in excellent condition, also by virtue of the most recent construction. The old asbestos roofs have all been replaced with latest generation insulating panels.
The property is equipped with four 3 kW (single-phase) ENEL meters, two 6 kW (single-phase) meters and a 10 kW (three-phase) meter all connected to an 18 kW photovoltaic system installed on the roofs that supply energy to the entire property.
The water is guaranteed by two natural springs connected to a private aqueduct equipped with settling tanks and underground tanks, connected in turn to all the buildings. One of the springs also feeds a small lake that can be used for irrigation.
The property extends in its entirety over an area of approximately 108.5 ha, almost half of which is covered by rotating cutting forest (50.0 ha) and walnut grove (8.0 ha). The arable land (about 35.0 ha) is cultivated with cereals and forage. The remaining surface is then dedicated to grazing for animals (15.0 ha) and chestnut groves (0.5 ha).
Currently, the property, to get an idea of the potential, raises about 25 cattle (Chianina / Limousine cross) and sells the meat directly on the farm thanks to the present butcher.
The property is currently operating as a farm and agritourism business thanks to the numerous rooms present and the possibility of serving guests the produce from the farm. The large outdoor spaces and the presence of a large restaurant (up to 140 seats) are also perfect if you want to use the property for events and weddings.
- TYPE: Italian hamlet for sale comprising several farmhouses, farm with Agriturismo and riding school
- CONDITION: Restored
- LOCATION: Hilly, panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY: Pieve Santo Stefano
- PROVINCE: Arezzo
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 4,155 square metres (44,705 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 60+
- BEDROOMS: 38
- BATHROOMS: 38
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, ventilated roofs, wooden beams, terracotta floors, equestrian centre, private pond, restaurant, photovoltaic panels
- LAND: 108.5 hectares (35.0 ha arable land + 15.0 ha grazing land + 50.0 ha coppice woodland + 0.5 ha chestnut grove + 8.0 ha walnut grove)
- GARDEN: Yes, well-maintained around the buildings
- ANNEXES: Several residential and agricultural buildings
- ACCESS: Unpaved road (500 mq)
- SWIMMING POOL: No
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected + photovoltaic system (18 kW)
- WATER SUPPLY: Private springs
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: LPG
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Pieve Santo Stefano (7km; 10’), Sansepolcro (22km; 25’), Caprese Michelangelo (17km; 20’), Città di Castello (37km; 30’), Arezzo (56km; 50’), Cortona (72km; 1h 20’), San Marino (81km; 1h 20’), Perugia (87km; 1h), Rimini (115km; 1h 25’), Siena (117km; 1h 50’), Firenze (138km; 2h)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Perugia San Francesco (87km; 1h), Firenze Peretola (150km; 1h 50’), Bologna Marconi (161km; 1h 40’), Ancona Raffaello Sanzio (198km; 2h), Pisa Galilei (210km; 2h 25’), Roma Ciampino (282km; 3h), Roma Fiumicino (285km; 3h 10’)
See more Multi unit properties in Italy