Restored Italian farmhouse property for sale located just 5 minutes from Monte Santa Maria Tiberina in Umbria in a quiet private countryside position. Divided into two 2-bed apartments plus a barn which could be converted, land, garden and olive grove. Ideal for home and income or 2-family use.
Monte Santa Maria Tiberina Umbria Restored Farmhouse
Restored farmhouse for sale with outbuildings and land in the green hills of Umbria, a few minutes from the medieval village of Monte Santa Maria Tiberina. The property is made up of several buildings, including a farmhouse (218 sqm, 4 bedrooms) that has been entirely refurbished and divided into two separate flats. The 21.9-ha property has an olive grove (about 130 trees) and extensive areas of arable land suitable for planting other crops or additional olive trees.
In the nearby hilltop village of Monte Santa Maria Tiberina, just a five-minute drive away, basic services are available, while shopping centres, hospitals, and other services can be found in Città di Castello (9km; 15′). The property is located on the border between Tuscany and Umbria, making it easy to reach the majority of the two regions’ ancient towns such as Anghiari, Perugia, Cortona, Assisi, Montepulciano, Todi, Siena, Florence, Orvieto… in less than two hours.
The farmhouse has a total surface area of 218 sqm – 2,346 sqft and is separated into two distinct apartments on the two floors of the structure (both accessible from the outside due to the farmhouse’s location on the hill).
Apt. A (ground floor) has a kitchen, a large living room, two bedrooms and a bathroom;
Apt. B (first floor) has a living room with a fireplace and a studio, two bedrooms and a bathroom.
The structure is in excellent structural and aesthetically sound condition: it has been completely renovated, preserving the majority of the traditional original elements, such as the thick external stone walls, old terracotta floors, stone fireplaces, and wooden beams with terracotta tiles on the ceilings. The photovoltaic panels on the roof (with a nominal output of 7.65 kW and an accumulation capacity of up to 20 kWh) meet a significant portion of the house’s energy requirements. During the refurbishment, the entire roof was insulated to reduce energy use even further.
A two-story barn (73 sqm – 785 sqft) separated into five rooms a short distance from the farmhouse has the potential to be converted to guest accommodation. This structure is similarly in great structural condition and has retained its original appearance, however, it would require internal finishing work if transformed into a residential unit.
A workshop (24 sqm – 258 sqft, open on one side) and a small store (17 sqm – 183 sqft) round out the property.
The estate encompasses roughly 21.9 hectares (54.1 acres) of land and is located on the hills around the medieval village of Monte Santa Maria Tiberina. Aside from the garden (1,690 sqm) that surrounds the farmhouse, the land also includes a small olive grove (9,800 sqm – 2.4 acres for a total of approximately 130 trees) that produces excellent extra-virgin olive oil for private use (averaging around 130 kg per year, depending on the season).
The remaining land is primarily covered by woodland (14.5 ha), which is ideal for country walks and hikes, with significant clearings of arable land (6.2 ha) that could potentially utilised to plant more olive trees or crops native to the area.
- TYPE: Italian Farmhouse property – divided into 2 apartments, outbuildings, and land.
- CONDITION: Restored
- LOCATION: Hilly, panoramic
- ACCESS: Unpaved road (550 m)
- MUNICIPALITY: Monte Santa Maria Tiberina
- PROVINCE: Perugia
- REGION: Umbria
- INTERIORS: 332 square metres (3,572 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 15
- BEDROOMS: 4+
- BATHROOMS: 2+
- ANNEXES: Barn, workshop, storage
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone and brick walls, original terracotta floors, stone fireplaces, wooden beams with terracotta tiles, insulated roof, porch, the possibility of converting the barn into a guesthouse, photovoltaic system, garden, olive trees, panoramic views of the historic centre of Monte Santa Maria Tiberina
- TOTAL LAND: 21.9 hectares (54.1 acres)
- OLIVE GROVE: 130 trees
- GARDEN: Yes, around the buildings
- SWIMMING POOL: No, but possible
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected + photovoltaic system (7.65 kW)
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water + private well
- TELEPHONE: To be connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: LPG (energy class D)
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators + heat pump
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Monte Santa Maria Tiberina (2km; 5’), Città di Castello (9km; 15’), Anghiari (23km; 35’), Sansepolcro (26km; 25’), Cortona (49km; 1h 10’), Tuoro sul Trasimeno (52km; 1h), Gubbio (61km, 55’), Perugia (63km; 55’), Assisi (78km; 1h 5’), Montepulciano (89km; 1h 30’), Castiglione del Lago (92km; 1h 20’), Pienza (96km; 1h 40’), Todi (106km; 1h 20’), Montalcino (110km; 1h 55’), Siena (112km; 1h 45’), Firenze (114km; 1h 50’), Orvieto (136km; 1h 55’), Roma (231km; 2h 50’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Perugia San Francesco (63km; 50’), Firenze A. Vespucci (135km; 1h 50’), Rimini F. Fellini (155km; 2h), Ancona R. Sanzio (168km; 2h), Pisa G. Galilei (195km; 2h 30’), Bologna G. Marconi (201km; 2h 25’), Roma Ciampino (244km; 2h 50’), Roma Fiumicino (260km; 2h 55’)
See more Farmhouse property in Italy