Italian estate for sale with restored farmhouse agriturismo (8 apts), 4-bed owners accommodation, vineyard, olive grove, stables, gardens, pool. 20.8 hectares (51.4 acres) of land.
Italian Farm Estate
This 20.8-hectare estate with a farmhouse agriturismo, vineyard and olive grove can be found in the Chianti hills, close to Greve in Chianti and Florence. The renovated farmhouse has a master apartment (4 bedrooms), eight guest apartments (10 bedrooms), and a breakfast room in addition to well-maintained open areas. Along with an area of arable land suitable for new vines or horses, the property features an olive grove with 500 trees and an 8,000 square-metre Chianti DOCG vineyard.
Services are accessible in the village nearby (3 km; 10′), and it is possible to go to Florence in less than 30 minutes due to its proximity to the A1 motorway connection. The Mall, a luxury discount outlet, is a 15-minute drive away.
The farmhouse has a surface area of 750 sqm – 8,071 sqft with a total of 14 bedrooms and 11 bathrooms and is divided into nine apartments plus a spacious breakfast/relaxation room (65 sqm – 699 sqft). Eight of the apartments(five on the ground floor, three on the first floor) are used to accommodate holidaymakers, while the largest is currently lived in by the owners.
– Apt. N°1 (75 sqm – 807 sqft): living room with open kitchen, two bedrooms and bathroom;
– Apt. N°2 (60 sqm – 646 sqft): kitchen, living room, bedroom and bathroom;
– Apt. N°3 (55 sqm – 592 sqft): kitchen, living room, bedroom and bathroom;
– Apt. N°4 (50 sqm – 538 sqft): kitchen, living room, bedroom and bathroom;
– Apt. N°5 (45 sqm – 484 sqft): studio with bathroom;
– Apt. N°6 (80 sqm – 861 sqft): kitchen and dining area, living room, two bedrooms and bathroom;
– Apt. N°7 (60 sqm – 646 sqft): kitchen, living room, bedroom and bathroom;
– Apt. N°8 (50 sqm – 538 sqft): kitchen, living room, bedroom and bathroom;
The master apartment (210 sqm – 2,260 sqft) is on three levels and has an independent bedroom with a bathroom on the ground floor (which could if wanted be easily be used as a guest studio). On the first floor, accessible from the staircase inside the farmhouse or from an independent staircase outside, are a large living/dining room, the kitchen, two bedrooms and a bathroom. On the top floor, in the turret, there is a reading room (or bedroom if wanted).
Next to the pool, with three large arches that illuminate the interior, is an orangery (120 sqm – 1,291 sqft) ideal as a meeting place or it could be used as a fitness area in which to create a gym or a small wellness area for guests.
Not far from the farmhouse, towards the west, are the stables for the horses (255 sqm – 2,744 sqft), recently built, and an agricultural warehouse (135 sqm – 1,453 sqft) used for vehicles and tools used fon the farm.
Next to the stables, approximately 70 m from the building, two horse paddocks have also been created: the larger, rectangular one measures approximately 550 sqm, while the smaller, round one measures approximately 255 sqm.
The farm covers an area of approximately 20.8 hectares (51.4 acres) lying on the rolling hills of Chianti and all within the boundaries of a large nature reserve.
Surrounding the farmhouse is a well-kept garden (6,000 sqm) with shading pergolas, porches and terraces. Behind the farmhouse, in a private position surrounded by a solarium made of terracotta, stone and grass, is the 14 × 6 m swimming pool with a large pergola and tables ideal for al fresco dining and relaxation.
The property’s olive grove (4.0 ha with about 500 trees in total) produces an excellent extra virgin olive oil (around 12.0 quintals in particularly good years).
A small Chianti DOCG vineyard (about 8,000 sqm) is located on the southern slope of the hill on which the farmhouse stands (between 180 and 200 m above sea level), an excellent position as regards exposure. The Sangiovese grapes are used to produce a small quantity of wine (approximately 3,000 bottles per year).
The rest of the property (17.4) is covered for the most part by arable land with small portions of Mediterranean woodland, all set on a slight hillside and very suitable for planting additional vineyards or breeding horses.
- TYPE: Italian farm estate with restored farmhouse agriturismo, vineyard, olive grove, stables, gardens, pool.
- CONDITION: Restored
- LOCATION: Hilly, panoramic
- ACCESS: Unpaved road (800 m)
- MUNICIPALITY: Figline e Incisa Valdarno
- PROVINCE: Florence
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 1,260 square metres (13,559 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 20
- BEDROOMS: 14
- BATHROOMS: 11
- ANNEXES: Stables, storage
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, terracotta floors, wooden beams, original fireplaces, porches, pergolas, swimming pool, garden, horse stable, paddock, Chianti DOCG vineyard, olive grove
- EXTERIORS: 20.8 hectares (51.4 acres)
- GARDEN: Yes, well maintained
- SWIMMING POOL: 14 × 6 m
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Private well
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: LPG
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Town with services (3km; 10’), Reggello (10km; 15’), San Giovanni Valdarno (11km; 20’), Montevarchi (17km; 25’), Greve in Chianti (23km; 35’), Gaiole in Chianti (29km; 40’), Florence (36km; 30’), San Casciano in Val di Pesa (42km; 40’), Arezzo (47km; 45’), Siena (66km; 1h 15’), San Gimignano (78km; 1h 15’), Montepulciano (80km; 1h 10’), Pienza (87km; 1h 20’), Montalcino (110km; 1h 40’), Pisa (117km; 1h 30)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Firenze A. Vespucci (53km; 45’), Pisa G. Galilei (114km; 1h 20’), Perugia S. Francesco (131km; 1h 40’), Grosseto C. Baccarini (135km; 2h), Bologna G. Marconi (135km; 1h 30’), Roma Ciampino (258km; 2h 40’), Roma Fiumicino (272km; 2h 45’)
See more Country houses for sale in Italy