Stylish living in this impressive former convent property in Umbria which must be viewed. We are delighted to bring to the market this beautifully restored former convent with three apartments, two villas, a church and a cloister. Gardens, land and a swimming pool. Beautiful home and vacation rentals property.
Stunning Restored Convent Property in Umbria Italy
This exciting luxury property would lend itself to commercial or residential or holiday use. At the moment three apartments and a villa are rented out, while the main villa is used by the current owners.
2.5 km from the historic centre of a stunning medieval town this stunning property is located on a hillside panoramic position and gets good sun exposure whilst enjoying excellent privacy.
One can enter the property from two different entrances, which lead to a parking area and another large area.
Perugia Sant’Egidio airport is approx. forty minutes away, while Roma Ciampino airport and Roma Fiumicino airport can be reached in one hour and forty minutes.
This former convent property consists of three apartments, two villas, a church and a cloister.
The main villa is laid out on five levels.
– Basement: cellar, storage rooms and keeper’s apartment (kitchen, studio, bedroom and two bathrooms);
– Ground floor: long hallway, studio with bathroom, large living room with fireplace and frescoes (formerly a refectory, with access onto the panoramic terrace), fine dining room, kitchen with a service room, laundry and a covered terrace linked to the pantry;
– First floor: landing, two bedrooms, bathroom and library;
– Second floor: bedroom with en-suite bathroom and terrace, two bedrooms with balcony and shared bathroom, two bedrooms, bathroom and living room with balcony.
– Third floor: bedroom with terrace.
The second villa is laid out onto three floors and made up as follows:
– Basement: tavern and storage room;
– Ground floor: sumptuous living room/dining room with fireplace, two comfortable twin bedrooms, two bathrooms, kitchen with fireplace, large living room and private park;
– First floor: large bedroom, bathroom, balcony and studio.
Three apartments, all reserved for the hosting business, overlook the garden and have independent access:
– Apt. N°1: entry, kitchen, open space living room, bathroom, two bedrooms and terrace;
– Apt. N°2: open space kitchen, living room with fireplace, two bedrooms and bathroom;
– Apt. N°3: large living room, kitchen, two bedrooms, bathroom and balcony.
The different parts of the property are all connected, but it is possible to separate them by closing some doors.
The property was restored some years ago, it is in excellent condition and the roof is new.
The convent, combining historic charm with the most up-to-date facilities, features wonderful rooms, vaulted ceilings, ceilings with wooden beams and terracotta tiles, frescoes, one internal cloister, courtyards, modern and bright bathrooms, numerous balconies and terraces. The main fireplace, the frescoes and the sundial are original.
The monastery stands in its own private grounds, spanning roughly 9.5 hectares (23.5 acres) and mainly covered by mixed woodland typical of the Umbrian countryside.
Half of these (roughly 4.7 hectares) are enclosed by a restored stone wall. The property boasts a wonderful medieval cloister, a panoramic terraced garden, an ancient well, vegetable garden, olive grove and a small 5 × 2 m swimming pool. It is also possible to build another, much bigger Infinity pool on the property.
The garden is decorated with hedges, ornamental trees and crossed by gravelled walkways which offer a pleasant and convenient outdoor area to enjoy Green Umbria.
- TYPE: Restored former convent with church, land and pool
- CONDITION: Restored
- LOCATION: Hilly, panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY: Todi
- PROVINCE: Perugia
- REGION: Umbria
- INTERIORS: 914 square metres (9,838 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 40
- BEDROOMS: 18
- BATHROOMS: 15
- MAIN FEATURES: Vaulted ceilings, ceilings with wooden beams and terracotta tiles, frescoes, fireplace, cloister, courtyards, balconies, terraces, alarm system
- LAND: 9.5 hectares (23.5 acres)
- GARDEN: Yes, well maintained
- ANNEXES: No
- ACCESS: Unpaved road
- SWIMMING POOL: 5 × 2 m
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water
- TELEPHONE: To be connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: LPG (energy class G)
- HEATING SYSTEM: Independent
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Town with services (2km; 5’), Deruta (27km; 25’), Marsciano (29km; 30’), Orvieto (35km; 45’), Foligno (40km; 55’), Perugia (46km; 40’), Spoleto (47km; 50’), Assisi (58km; 50’), Castiglione del Lago (68km; 1h 10’), Montepulciano (93km; 1h 25’) Rome (135km; 1h 45’), Siena (148km; 1h 50’), Florence (201km; 2h 25’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Perugia San Francesco (46km; 40’), Roma Ciampino (148km; 1h 40’), Roma Fiumicino (165km; 1h 50’), Firenze Vespucci (202km; 2h 10’), Pisa Galilei (273km; 3h), Bologna Marconi (294km; 3h 10’)
See more Religious Properties
Other properties that may be of interest you
- Small Agriturismo Business Large, spacious restored stone farmhouse with land, gardens, swimming and olive grove, currently run as a small Agriturismo business. 3 apartments plus owners accommodation. 10 mins from Umbertide. Stone…
- Citta di Castello Property For Sale If you are looking for a picturesque setting in a tranquil location this Citta di Castello property for sale could be ideal. This property has been perfectly maintained by the…
- Luxury Property Fiesole Florence Tuscany A few minutes from Florence city centre in the direction of Fiesole is this large (634 square metres - 6,822 square feet) luxury Tuscan property inside a 16th-century villa. Comprising…