The Franciscan shrine of La Verna is just a few kilometres away from this hunting estate that spans 257.9 hectares and is situated on the first slopes of the Casentino mountains. The property is centred on two rural hamlets that total 5,850 square metres and present a wonderful chance for an investor to purchase land for a farm and/or a boutique hotel the majority of which is inside a hunting reserve. The buildings on the property have been consolidated and now have new roofs, so all that has to be done is to finish and modernise them.
Commercial Opportunity – Tuscan hamlet with hunting reserve
Hotel/farm investment in Tuscan touristic area. Chiusi della Verna, not far from the famous shrine, is just 7 km away and easily reached by car and towns and cities such as Caprese Michelangelo, Sansepolcro, Anghiari, Arezzo, Cortona, Florence, Siena, San Gimignano can all be reached in less than two hours.
The entire property covers an area of approximately 257.9 hectares. The estate falls largely within an area where a hunting farm could be set up to hunt all year round and welcome tourists and vacationers who want to try their hand at the typical animals of the Casentino.
The large open space just below the main village, on a slight slope and at an altitude between 640 and 690 metres above sea level. facing the south-west, it is suitable both for the breeding of animals such as cows or horses and for the planting of a vineyard such as Pinot Noir which expresses its full potential on high-altitude soils.
Likewise, the open spaces surrounding the farm to the south are very suitable for both cultivation and breeding, albeit with a slightly steeper slope than the other land on the estate
The rural hamlet (4,600 square metres) is structured on both sides of a road which, passing along the ridge, then climbs towards the Franciscan Sanctuary of La Verna. The buildings (eleven in total, including a beautiful manor house) are all built in local exposed stone and have rather simple divisions inside and in line with the typical rural buildings of the Tuscan countryside, with extensions made over time to expand the living areas of the individual buildings.
Structurally, the village was the subject of the first series of interventions at the turn of the nineties and the 2000s. More recently, all the buildings have been structurally consolidated and all the roofs replaced to prevent water from entering the houses.
The project proposed involved the complete renovation of the village to create an organic farm flanked by a boutique hotel that allows you to take part in rural activities with courses and guided tours of the land. By completing the various buildings, the project could be concluded as originally intended or the entire complex could be converted into a farm or a widespread hotel, also thanks to the proximity to the hermitage of La Verna and the possibility of hunting on the estate large grounds.
Further south, in a large clearing in the middle of the woods and reachable both from the village and directly from the municipal road network, there is another farm (1,250 square metres) consisting of a manor house in the centre and three agricultural outbuildings that were in the past used as stables and granaries.
Again in this case, the buildings could be restored to be used as an Agriturismo or a smaller farm, based on needs. Alternatively, one could convert this podere into a private home thanks to the fact that it is located in a very private and quiet position.
- TYPE: Tuscan hamlet with hunting reserve
- CONDITION: Needs to be restored
- LOCATION: Hilly, panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY: Chiusi della Verna
- PROVINCE: Arezzo
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 5,850 square metres (62,946 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 75+
- BEDROOMS: 40+
- BATHROOMS: 40+
- MAIN FEATURES: Buildings to be completed, huge development potential for a hotel and/or farm, hunting reserve, panoramic view, land suitable for vineyards and/or cattle
- LAND: 257.9 hectares (637.3 acres)
- GARDEN: To be landscaped around the buildings
- ANNEXES: Several residential and rural buildings
- ACCESS: Unpaved road (in good condition)
- SWIMMING POOL: No, but possible
- ELECTRICITY: To be connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Private wells
- TELEPHONE: To be connected
- ADSL: Possible
- GAS: To be connected
- HEATING SYSTEM: To be connected
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Chiusi della Verna (7km; 10’), Bibbiena (14km; 20’), Caprese Michelangelo (20km; 30’), Poppi (22km; 30’), Sansepolcro (39km; 40’), Arezzo (42km; 50’), Anghiari (45km; 50’), Città di Castello (54km; 55’), Cortona (70km; 1h 30’), Florence (76km; 1h 50’), Montepulciano (93km; 1h 30’), Pienza (100km; 1h 50’), Siena (112km; 1h 50’), San Gimignano (125km; 2h)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Firenze Vespucci (99km; 1h 55’), Perugia San Francesco (104km; 1h 30’), Pisa Galilei (160km; 2h 35’), Bologna Marconi (186km; 2h 20’), Roma Ciampino (271km; 3h 10’), Roma Fiumicino (285km; 3h 15’)