Near to Amelia in Umbria is this beautiful luxury property which has been fully renovated and comprises a farmhouse with medieval tower and guesthouse with a total of 790 sqm of surface area and 10 bedrooms.
Luxury Property In Umbria
This luxury country property would be ideal as a superb family home or you could maybe utilise part or all for upmarket holiday accommodation.
The main farmhouse, 626 sqm – 6,736 sqft 8 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms, is set out over four floors and includes a wonderful medieval stone tower which contains a nice bedroom and has a panoramic rooftop terrace.
– Basement: caretaker’s apartment which is made up of an entrance hall, two bedrooms and a bathroom. The basement also contains the old cellars which retain their original look with rib vaults and a laundry room.
– Ground floor: entrance hall, large living room, kitchen, dining room, two studios, two closets, technical room, bathroom, master bedroom with two en-suite bathrooms and a large walk-in closet downstairs, double bedroom with en-suite bathroom. From one of the studios, you can reach the windowed gallery above (25 sqm – 269 sqft).
– First floor: landing leading to a double bedroom with en-suite bathroom. Going on, another passage room leads to a second bedroom with children playroom, bathroom and kitchenette.
– Second floor: a wonderful bedroom with passageway and bathroom, this room offers the best views.
On the rooftop of the tower is a lovely 19-sqm panoramic terrace, while at the end of the house there is a garage with firewood storage. The house enjoys the use of several large pergolas and loggias with apx 91 sqm of covered surface area.
The guesthouse (164 sqm – 1,764 sqft, 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom) is laid out over two floors and houses, next to the storage rooms, a residential unit made up of a kitchen with fireplace, two bedrooms and a bathroom.
The property is then completed by a technical room serving the house (36 sqm – 387 sqft) and a technical room (18 sqm – 194 sqft) for the pool systems.
The lovely medieval tower at the centre of the building is the most original and forms the ancient core of the property, around which the whole complex subsequently grew and developed. The owners lived for several years in Southern America, the United States, China and Rome and after many years of work returned to Italy and found the property as a ruin with a wonderful view over the surrounding valleys and forests, and considered it to be a heavenly location. They have carefully restored and renovated whilst preserving the original historic features of the building, such as original terracotta floors and wooden beams. Particularly noteworthy are old cellars, finely preserved in their original shape, with visible stone walls and ancient terracotta floors.
The medieval tower, once again the subject of a fine restoration, now houses a lovely panoramic bedroom which can be reached via a newly made staircase which has been anchored inside a second tower and purposely built to grant easy access to the old tower.
The whole property is secured by an alarm system and a photovoltaic system (up to 30 kWh) provides all the electric energy needed.
The property stands in approx 3 hectares of land which is mainly covered by a well-maintained garden dotted by fruit trees and fitted with an irrigation system.
Not far from the buildings there is a beautiful 15 x 6 m Infinity swimming pool with paved solarium and dressing room.
- TYPE Farmhouse with a medieval tower, guesthouse and panoramic swimming pool
- CONDITION Renovated and restored with luxury finishes
- LOCATION Hilly, panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY Amelia
- PROVINCE Terni
- REGION Umbria
- SIZE 790 sqm (8,500 sqft)
- ROOMS 20
- BEDROOMS 10
- BATHROOMS 8
- FEATURES Stone walls, medieval tower, original terracotta floors, wooden beams, stone fireplaces, rib vaults, pergola, Infinity pool, well-maintained garden, pergola, panoramic terrace, loggia, garage
- LAND 3 hectares
- GARDEN Yes, well-maintained and fitted with irrigation system
- ANNEXE Guesthouse, technical rooms
- ACCESS Excellent
- POOL 15 x 6 m
- ELECTRICITY Already connected + photovoltaic system (30 kWh)
- WATER Mains water + private well + cistern for irrigation
- GAS LPG
- HEATING Fan coils + air conditioning
- TELEPHONE No landline, mobile phones are used + satellite Wi-Fi
- NEAREST TOWNS Town with services (5km; 10’), Amelia (13km; 20’), Narni (15km; 20’), Terni (25km; 25’), Spoleto (52km; 50’), Todi (56km; 45’), Rieti (59km; 50’), Orvieto (66km; 55’), Montefalco (67km; 1h), Civita di Bagnoregio (68km; 1h), Bolsena (73km; 1h 5’), Perugia (94km; 1h 10’), Rome (95km; 1h 20’), Assisi (96km; 1h 20’)
- NEAREST AIRPORTS Perugia Sant’Egidio (95km; 1h 10’), Roma Ciampino (108km; 1h 15’), Roma Fiumicino (123km; 1h 20’), Grosseto Falconara (170km; 2h 15’), Ancona Falconara (202km; 2h 30’)
See More Luxury Italian properties
Other properties that may be of interest you
- Country Estate Country Estate in Italy, located near the Umbria Tuscany border. Two farmhouses and a medieval tower currently a boutique hotel with owners accommodation. Land, Olive grove, swimming pool. Boutique Hotel…
- Arezzo Castle Near to Cortona in Tuscany Italy is this medieval tower which has been restored and transformed into a spacious cosy castle style home with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, large plot…
- Umbria estate Umbria estate with 4 houses, 4.0 hectares (9.9 acres) land and gardens, two swimming pools. Currently used as a holiday accommodation business. Further potential to expand to 25 bedrooms plus…