Looking to buy Hotel real estate in Italy? This 4-star hotel near Perugia in Umbria could be ideal. Fully restored, the property, formerly a Benedictine monastery, has 64 bedrooms, restaurant, swimming pools, tennis and futsal courts and a beautiful 50,000-sqm park garden. Ideal for an experienced owner-operator or leisure company investment.
Hotel Property Opportunity. Perugia Umbria
Excellent opportunity to buy a working hotel. Historic former Benedictine monastery property that has been transformed to make a superb hotel complex. The property has been finely and carefully restored and brought back to its original glory whilst thoroughly updated to include modern facilities, comforts and amenities. The structure has been fully renovated and contains Romanesque and Baroque features that combine to create a very lovely and imposing ambience. The park gardens have two pools (18×10 m and 9×5 m), tennis courts, and futsal grounds.
Services are all within a two-minute drive, and several of Umbria’s most important mediaeval cities such as Perugia, Umbertide, Assisi, Città di Castello, Castiglione del Lago are within a two-hour drive at most.
The hotel, which has a surface area of 5,000 sqm – 53,800 sqft and 64 bedrooms and 68 bathrooms, was created by converting a Benedictine monastery that has been carefully preserved and restored without altering the unique features that make it stand out, including the charming church of San Clemente.
From a commercial standpoint, the hotel has 64 guestrooms that can accommodate up to 160 visitors. For optimal comfort, all of the bedrooms have air conditioning.
Three gorgeous restaurant halls provide 360 seats in an exquisite setting distinguished by two stunning frescoed halls and the huge veranda, which can accommodate up to 160 people on its own.
The restaurant is an excellent choice for ceremonies, gatherings, and weddings. A dedicated 300-car parking lot serves the restaurant for convenience.
Six exquisite meeting spaces have been established in the monastery’s oldest and most intriguing wing, which may be utilised for business meetings, conferences, reunions, seminars, and other events.
The halls have painted ceilings, brick vaults, original terracotta flooring, and completely preserved and maintained original frescoes.
The monastery’s history began in the 11th century when there existed a church dedicated to San Clemente in the same location. The monastery was constructed about 1331 and was controlled by numerous priors over the years. Details from the 15th and 16th centuries are sparse since the Perugia region saw major instability during those years.
In 1727, the Florentine family Cesari purchased the monastery and converted part of it into a private luxury mansion, integrating the church, which had become more of a manorial chapel at that point.
Along with the conversion, the family also rebuilt other elements of the monastery, which were transformed from a Romanesque to a more contemporary and magnificent Baroque design.
What was formerly a manorial villa was eventually turned into the exquisite hotel visible today in 1990 after passing through various hands throughout the 19th and 20th centuries.
The hotel is surrounded by a gorgeous, mature and well-maintained 50,000-square-metre park, which features a stunning Italian garden in the monastery’s courtyard and an English garden around the structure.
A short distance from the complex there are two swimming pools (18 x 10 m and 9 x 5 m, respectively), two clay tennis courts, and two futsal fields.
- TYPE: Historic 4-star hotel property formerly a monastery
- CONDITION: Restored
- LOCATION: Open and sunny
- MUNICIPALITY: Perugia
- PROVINCE: Perugia
- REGION: Umbria
- INTERIORS: 5,000 square metres (53,800 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 80
- BEDROOMS: 64
- BATHROOMS: 68
- MAIN FEATURES: Historic building, stone walls, bell tower, church, conference rooms, large windows, restaurant, original frescoes, terracotta and wooden floors, wooden beams, decorated ceilings, brick vaults, park, Italian garden, tennis courts, futsal fields, swimming pool, large private parking area
- LAND: 5.0 hectares (12.3 acres)
- GARDEN: Yes, mature and well maintained
- ANNEXES: No
- ACCESS: Excellent
- SWIMMING POOL: 18 × 10 m | 9 × 5 m
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: Natural gas
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators + air conditioning
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Town with services (2km; 5’), Perugia (13km; 15’), Ponte San Giovanni (14km; 15’), Umbertide (24km; 20’), Assisi (29km; 25’), Foligno (38km; 30’), Passignano sul Trasimeno (45km; 35’), Città di Castello (46km; 35’), Todi (53km; 40’), Castiglione del Lago (63km; 45’), Orvieto (86m; 1h 15’), Siena (121km; 1h 20’), Florence (169km; 2h), Rome (180km; 2h 10’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Perugia San Francesco (12km; 15’), Roma Ciampino (199km; 2h 25’), Roma Fiumicino (207km; 2h 10’), Firenze Vespucci (185km; 2h), Bologna Marconi (234km; 2h 50’), Pisa Galilei (246km; 2h 45’)
See more Hotel Real Estate