Splendid home and tourist accommodation near Montevarchi in Tuscany. Restored manor villa with early middle-age origins plus guest annexe, garden, swimming pool, olive grove and orchard. 7 bedrooms overall. The villa is currently used as a holiday home and is near to many of the most famous towns in Tuscany.
In a very convenient position a short distance from a well-known town in the Valdarno, about 3 km from the A1 motorway, is this finely restored manor villa with annexe and swimming pool, currently used as a holiday home.
The villa is easily accessible and has all the necessary services in the nearby town (1km; 5′). The other historic cities of Tuscany are easily reached in a short time: Montevarchi (5km; 10′), Greve in Chianti (33km; 45′), Arezzo (37km; 35′), the Renaissance Florence (45km; 45′), the medieval Siena (53km; 55′), the splendid village of Montepulciano (69km; 55′), the turreted San Gimignano (91km; 1h 15′) and Montalcino with its famous Brunello (96km; 1h 20′).
The most convenient airports to reach the property are Firenze Peretola (65km; 45′), Pisa Galilei (126km; 1h 25′), Bologna Marconi (147km; 1h 35′), Ancona Falconara (227km; 2h 50′), Rome Ciampino (248km; 2h 40′) and Rome Fiumicino (262km; 2h 30′).
The main villa (380m2–4,089 sqft) is structured on four levels. Outside are a loggia, a veranda with a barbecue, a private garden and a swimming pool with a solarium.
Basement: cellar linked with the kitchen;
-Ground floor: entrance hall, ample kitchen with dining area, living room, bathroom, laundry room, two closets, boiler room and storage room with independent access;
-First floor: living room, studio, two bedrooms with en-suite bathroom, three bedrooms and two independent bathrooms;
-Second floor: bedroom and accessible lofts.
The guest accommodation (65 sqm–699 sqft) is laid out on two floors only and has a private garden.
-Ground floor: small courtyard, living room, closet and kitchen;
-First floor: double bedroom with bathroom.
The origins of the property can be traced back to the early Middle Ages. In fact, a tower was built at this point to defend the nearby town. Only in the 11th century did the tower become a country house owned by a powerful Ghibelline family. In 1230 the building was among the possessions of a nearby abbey and was used as a refreshment point and exchange station for pilgrims. Campaldino (June 11, 1289), Florence decided on a current fortification project of the Valdarno with the foundation of three villages (Castel San Giovanni, Castelfranco and Castel Santa Maria) which became known as Terre murate del Valdarno which also had the purpose of weakening the local nobility to prevent possible insurrections. The centre of Castel San Giovanni (today San Giovanni Valdarno) was built from scratch in 1296 and took its current name only later when it entered the area of influence of Arezzo. Castelfranco (so-called because it was franked, therefore excluded from the payment of certain taxes) was instead founded in 1299, undergoing numerous interventions over time that have profoundly altered its original appearance. Finally, the foundation of Castel Santa Maria dates back to 1337. Almost immediately the inhabitants began to refer to the town with the name of Terra Nuova and over time this became the name of the town with the spelling Terranuova. In 1862 the name Bracciolini was added in honour of the famous humanist and encyclopedic Giovanni Francesco Bracciolini, born in the town in 1380. He was responsible for the rediscovery and publication of great Latin works believed lost forever, including the DE RERUM NATURA and the INSTITUTIO ORATORY. During the Second World War, given its proximity to the fighting front, the villa was used by the Allied command. The 1983 restoration brought the structure back to its optimal condition, but the 2006 restoration by the current owners has seen the villas best features enhanced and the installation of modern devices adapted to the needs of the 21st century.
The property stands on approximately 1.2 hectares of land. The subdivision is between woods (2,130 m2), lawn with trees (1,210 m2), mixed orchards (7,475 m2) and a productive olive grove(1,140 m2). Next to the house, there is a comfortable 8 x 4 m swimming pool.
The villa has been carefully renovated and equipped with the typical comforts of modern times and is currently operating as a holiday accommodation business. The proximity to many of Tuscany’s well-known landmarks helps make the property even more attractive to tourists looking for accommodation.
However, if wanted, it is always possible to use the villa as a superb private residence.
- TYPE Manor Villa plus guest annexe and pool, currently run as a holiday accommodation business
- CONDITION Restored
- LOCATION Hilly
- MUNICIPALITY Terranuova Bracciolini
- PROVINCE Arezzo
- REGION Tuscany
- SIZE 445 sqm (4,788 sqft)
- ROOMS 14
- BEDROOMS 7 (up to 8)
- BATHROOMS 6
- FEATURES Stone walls, brick arches, terracotta flooring, stone fireplace, parquet flooring, professional kitchen, barrel vaults, pergola, veranda, BBQ, garden, olive grove, swimming pool, solarium
- LAND 1.2 ha (3.0 ac)
- GARDEN 1,210 sqm (0.3 ac)
- ANNEXE Guest accommodation
- ACCESS Excellent
- POOL 8 x 4 m
- ELECTRICITY Already connected
- WATER Mains water + private well (160 m)
- GAS Municipal network
- HEATING Radiators + air conditioning
- TELEPHONE Already connected + ADSL
- NEAREST TOWNS Town with services (1km, 5’), Montevarchi (5km; 10’), Greve in Chianti (33km; 45’), Arezzo (37km; 35’), Florence (45km; 45’), Siena (53km; 55’), Montepulciano (69km; 55’), San Gimignano (91km; 1h 15’), Montalcino (96km; 1h 20’)
- NEAREST AIRPORTS Firenze Peretola (65km; 45’), Pisa Galilei (126km; 1h 25’), Bologna Marconi (147km; 1h 35’), Ancona Falconara (227km; 2h 50’), Roma Ciampino (248km; 2h 40’), Roma Fiumicino (262km; 2h 30’)
See more Villas in Tuscany for sale