Ideal as your new Immobiliare Valle Umbra (Home in Umbria) a 19th-century farmhouse which has been majority restored between 1999 and 2003 and could offer, upon final completion, a maximum of 6 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms
Home in Umbria
The farmhouse has a surface area of 500 sqm – 5,380 sqft with 5 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms and dates back to the 19th century. Rebuilt using mostly recovered original materials, it has three floors in total. The two existing apartments (with surface areas of 160 sqm and 127 sqm, located on the first and second floor) are already equipped with running water, heating systems, electricity and sewage system.
The remaining part of the building is in a builder’s finish, but with systems available to create two mini-apartments or, if preferred, workshops and storage rooms. The basement, accessed from the north-eastern apartment comprises a cellar with storage room (32 sqm).
The annexe (55 sqm – 592 sqft) has been entirely rebuilt and is ready to be converted into another mini-apartment, with electric and hydraulic systems already in place. The high ceilings (4 m) would allow the creation of a gallery to increase the usable surface area.
The property has recently been reinforced and restored and only needs finishing touches on the inside.
The heating system is currently powered by wood thermo-fireplaces but the hydraulic system of the building is ready to accept integration by solar panels and/or electric systems.
Water supply is from the Umbria Acque via the Scirca aqueduct (which also supplies the city of Perugia) but this water cannot be used for irrigation and therefore a 65,000-litre underground concrete cistern has been installed to gather rainwater.
The property stands on roughly 2.6 hectares of land including gardens, a parking area, coppice woodland, an arable area and a sloping cliff. The farmhouse is located on top of a hill from which there is an excellent panoramic view (with a 270-degree field of view for many miles) over the surrounding hills and the underlying valley thanks to a recent work of vegetation thinning.
The area is excellent for hiking and biking in the surrounding woods.
- TYPE: Home in Umbria – Farmhouse with guesthouse
- CONDITIONS: Mainly restored
- LOCATION: Hilly, panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY: Gubbio
- PROVINCE: Perugia
- REGION: Umbria
- INTERIORS: 555 square metres (5,972 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 15
- BEDROOMS: 5 (up to 6)
- BATHROOMS: 7 (up to 8)
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, gres-paved floors, exposed solid oak planks floors, chestnut wooden beams, panoramic view, thermo-fireplace
- LAND: 2.6 hectares (6.4 acres)
- GARDEN: Needs to be landscaped
- ANNEXES: Guest accommodation
- ACCESS: Unpaved road (1.3 km)
- SWIMMING POOL: No
- ELECTRICITY: To be reconnected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water + cistern for irrigation
- TELEPHONE: To be connected
- ADSL: yes
- GAS: LPG (to be connected)
- HEATING SYSTEM: Thermo-fireplaces
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Town with services (4km; 10’), Gubbio (18km; 25’), Perugia (29km; 40’), Assisi (34km; 45’), Umbertide (37km; 35’), Magione (52km; 50’), Foligno (54km; 50’), Città di Castello (59km; 50’), Montefalco (59km; 1h), Todi (68km; 1h), Urbino (81km; 1h 15’), Fano (95km; 1h 20’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Perugia San Francesco (28km; 30’), Ancona Raffaello Sanzio (103km; 1h 20’), Firenze Vespucci (201km; 2h 15’), Roma Ciampino (209km; 2h 30’), Roma Fiumicino (224km; 2h 30’), Bologna Marconi (247km; 2h 50’), Pisa Galilei (261km; 2h 55’)
See more Homes In Umbria