This Italian home in the country is just 10 minutes drive from the lovely Tuscan town of Cortona. Comprising a large Historic villa with annexe, park gardens and swimming pool. Possible to increase the number of bedrooms and also to buy a chapel and a cottage.
Cortona Tuscany Country Home
This historic property is just 10 minutes drive from the facilities and amenities of the Tuscan town of Cortona but offers excellent privacy. It comprises a large and historic 430-sqm villa on four floors with a total of 4 bedrooms, there is the possibility of creating more, and an old lemon house. The villa is in good condition, inside and out, both structural and aesthetic, whilst the lemon house would need a thorough renovation before being usable.
At the moment the layout of the villa is as follows:
– Ground floor: large living room, kitchen, studio, closet, and boiler room;
– First floor: reading room, three bedrooms, living room, and two bathrooms;
– Second floor: bedrooms and several habitable lofts;
– Third floor: partially usable loft.
It is also possible to buy a cottage (102 sqm, formerly a manorial chapel) made up of
Living area, kitchen, closet and bathroom on the ground floor, two bedrooms and a bathroom on the first floor.
Price: 300.000 Euro
The land surrounding the property is terraced and covers approximately 3.2 hectares (17.3 acres), with a park and gardens and a 9 × 4 m swimming pool. Access is via a well-maintained unpaved road.
With a little work, and maybe purchasing the chapel cottage, the property would be ideal to start a holiday rental business, if wanted.
- TYPE: Italian home in the country – historic villa with park
- CONDITION: Part restored
- LOCATION: Hilly, panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY: Cortona
- PROVINCE: Arezzo
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 430 square metres (4,627 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 14
- BEDROOMS: 4+
- BATHROOMS: 2+
- MAIN FEATURES: Old terracotta flooring, ceilings with wooden beams and terracotta tiles, terraces, old stone fireplaces, wood-burning stove, lemon house, panoramic view, swimming pool
- LAND: 3.2 hectares (7.9 acres)
- GARDEN: Yes, well maintained
- ANNEXES: Lemon house
- ACCESS: Unpaved road
- SWIMMING POOL: 9 × 4 m
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Private well
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: LPG
- HEATING SYSTEM: radiators
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Cortona (5km; 10’), Lake Trasimeno (12km; 15’), Montepulciano (30km; 35’), Perugia (49km; 45’), Pienza (50km; 55), Anghiari (57km; 1h), Assisi (62km; 55’), Spello (66km; 50’), Siena (70km; 1h), Arezzo (72km; 1h 10’), Todi (81km; 1h), Orvieto (93km; 1h), San Gimignano (111km; 1h 45’), Florence (113km; 1h 15’), Rome (212km; 2h 10’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Perugia S. Francesco (58km; 50’), Firenze A. Vespucci (134km; 1h 30′), Ancona R. Sanzio (158km; 2h 25’), Forlì L. Ridolfi (172km; 2h 25’), Roma Ciampino (223km; 2h 15’), Pisa G. Galilei (225km; 2h 15’), Bologna G. Marconi (226km; 2h 25’), Roma Fiumicino (242km; 2h 30’)
See more Cortona properties for sale
Other properties that may be of interest you
- Large Tuscan Villa Development opportunity. Large Tuscan villa, 600 square metres (6,456 square feet) on 3 floors. The property needs a complete renovation, presently 6 apartments. 4,300 square metres (1.0 acres) garden. Possible…
- Hotel with Restaurant with Pool and Pizzeria This Hotel property is located in a residential area of a historical town near the border between Tuscany and Umbria. 12 bedrooms overall, gardens, swimming pool, restaurant and Pizzeria. Italian…
- Restored property with pool Nicely restored country property with a pool in a lovely private and panoramic position overlooking Città di Castello in the Tiber Valley of Umbria. 3 bed villa ideal for year-round…