Historic Venice home comprising a large and spacious 11 bedroomed 18th-century luxury stately palazzo with private canal mooring and garden, just a minute or two from Piazza San Marco. Exquisitely restored with luxury finishes.
Historic Venetian Palazzo
A beautiful historic 18th-century stately palace with its own private dock and garden just a minute or two from St Marks Square (Piazza San Marco), alongside the Canale dei Greci. The house is spread across four stories and has a surface area of approximately 990 square metres of finely decorated rooms in the Venetian Rococo style, some of which overlook the underlying canal. The rear garden (250 sqm), which is very rare for Venice residences to have, is accessible from the ground floor entrance.
All services are accessible and available in the surrounding area, and the mainland (particularly, Mestre) may be swiftly reached by rail or bus, from whence one you easily visit the many of the towns and cities in Northern Italy.
The palazzo has a surface area of 992 sqm – 10,674 sqft over four stories with two independent entrances, one from the canal and the other from an alley on the building’s northern side.
Ground floor: entry, main gallery with private mooring, technical rooms for the palazzo, office with bathroom and service bedroom, storage room, laundry and caretaker’s apartment made up of the living area, kitchenette, bathroom and bedroom in the gallery;
First floor: entrance gallery, dining room, kitchen with pantry, three beautiful reception halls with balconies overlooking the canal (Golden room, Throne room and Music room), Genoa room, bathroom, master bedroom with private bathroom and children’s bedroom;
Second floor: two guest bedrooms and two bathrooms;
Third floor: entrance room, living room, kitchen, master bedroom with private bathroom and wardrobe, four bedrooms and bathroom.
Crossing the entrance hall on the ground floor you can enter a paved courtyard (64 sqm – 688 sqft), which leads to the palazzo’s unique garden (250 sqm – 2,690 sqft), a rare green space in the middle of Venice.
The palace in its current shape comes from the second half of the 18th century: the lovely decorations in Venetian Rococo style were commissioned by the Marquis Pano Maruzzi to commemorate his marriage to the Moldovan princess Zoie Ghika. The palazzo is now in pristine condition, thanks to a rigorous renovation and restoration, and has won praise and appreciation from the Italian Trust of Historical Houses for its beautiful condition.
- TYPE: Historic luxury stately palazzo with private mooring
- CONDITION: Luxury finishes
- LOCATION: Historic city centre, San Marco district
- MUNICIPALITY: Venice
- PROVINCE: Venice
- REGION: Veneto
- INTERIORS: 992 square metres (10,674 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 40
- BEDROOMS: 11
- BATHROOMS: 7
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, decorated wooden beams, Venetian seminato floors, marble fireplaces, plaster decorations and mouldings, private mooring, balconies over the Canal, private garden and courtyard
- EXTERIORS: 314 square metres (3,378 square feet)
- GARDEN: 250 square metres (2,690 square feet)
- ANNEXES: No
- ACCESS: Excellent, by boat or on foot
- SWIMMING POOL: No
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water
- TELEPHONE: To be connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: Municipal network
- HEATING SYSTEM: Already connected
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Distances are intended from Mestre, set on the mainland and reached by train (Stazione Santa Lucia) and/or bus (Piazzale Roma).
- Treviso (29km; 30’), Padova (36km; 40’), Cittadella (61km; 55’), Bassano del Grappa (91km; 1h 15’), Ferrara (107km; 1h 20’), Verona (116km; 1h 20’), Redipuglia (116km; 1h 15’), Cortina d’Ampezzo (145km; 2h), Trieste (148km; 1h 50’), Sirmione (149km; 1h 45’), Mantua (153km; 1h 40’), Trento (208km; 2h 15’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Distances are intended from Mestre, set on the mainland and reached by train (Stazione Santa Lucia) and/or bus (Piazzale Roma). Venezia Marco Polo (8km; 15’), Trieste Ronchi dei Legionari (116km; 1h 15’), Verona Valerio Catullo (124km; 1h 20’), Bologna Marconi (149km; 1h 35’), Bergamo Orio al Serio (222km; 2h 20’), Milano Linate (254km; 2h 40’), Milano Malpensa (308km; 3h 10’)
See more Venice Italy homes for sale