Historical hamlet for sale in Italy. This exciting property is currently used for holiday accommodation and as a venue for weddings etc. It is ideally situated in Tuscany apx one hour from Florence, Siena, Perugia and Cortona.
Medieval Tuscan Hamlet Boutique Accommodation Business
Part of the Tuscan landscape since the 12th century, set in an unspoilt area, rich in tradition, history and art.
There is a golf course located 30 minutes away and there is a new 18-hole course less than 10 minutes away.
The main villa has been restored with original materials and keeps its original character, while the other buildings date back to the 1800s.
The main villa has a surface area of 685 – 7,371 sqft with 8 bedrooms and 11 bathrooms on four floors. The ground floor houses the common areas for the guests, while on the first floor is a spacious apartment used by the owners. The second floor has been divided into four guest apartments. The building has been entirely restored by using original materials and trying to preserve where possible the features, style and charm of the property.
– Basement: cellar, tasting room and wine bar;
– Ground floor: entrance hall, reception, bar, professional kitchen, office, technical room, double dining hall, storage room, three powder rooms, technical room and private chapel with separate entrance;
– First floor: wide living room, sitting room, reading room, three bedrooms with en-suite bathroom, vestibule, living room and dining area.
– Unit N°1: living room and kitchen with fireplace, two bedrooms and bathroom;
– Unit N°2: living room, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom;
– Unit N°3: kitchen with dining area and bathroom, bedroom with en-suite bathroom and private sitting room and walk-in wardrobe;
– Unit N°4: living room, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom.
The farmhouse has a surface area of 275 sqm – 2,959 sqft with 5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms and comprises four independent units, plus a studio apartment and a room convertible into a small spa and/or wellness centre for the guests:
– Unit N°5: living room, kitchen, dining room, two bedrooms and bathroom;
– Unit N°6: living room with fireplace, dining room with kitchenette, studio, bedroom and bathroom;
– Unit N°7: living room with dining area and kitchenette, studio, bedroom and bathroom;
– Unit N°8: living room with dining area, kitchen, bedroom and two bathrooms.
The old tinaia has a surface area of 130 sqm – 1,399 sqft with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and has been restored and partially converted into a guesthouse:
– Ground floor: laundry and orangery;
– First floor: living room with dining area, kitchenette and bathroom;
– Second floor: two bedrooms and bathroom.
Guesthouse “Cavallina” has a surface area of 95 sqm – 1,022 sqft with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and was once a barn that has been skillfully converted into a cosy two-story guesthouse:
– Ground floor: living room with dining area, kitchenette, bedroom, bathroom and closet;
– First floor: living room, bedroom, bathroom and closet.
Guesthouse “Frantoio” has a surface area of 60 sqm – 646 sqft with 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom and offers very cosy and charming accommodation for guests:
– Ground floor: living room with open-plan kitchen;
– First floor: two bedrooms and bathroom.
A spacious stone farmhouse (740 sqm – 7,962 sqft, up to 10 bedrooms and 10 bathrooms) dating back to the 18th century is located not far from the main complex. The building has been structurally restored, while the roofs have all been replaced and renewed. Electric lines are already been brought to the house, as well as water, and there are plumbing and tubes ready for other systems if needed.
The idea was to convert the building into another guest accommodation, creating a beautiful spa with common areas, while on the upper floors there would have been six generous bedrooms for the guests. Alternatively, the three floors are all accessed from an outside staircase and there is then the possibility of creating three spacious apartments, one on each floor (respectively 305 sqm, 240 sqm and 195 sqm).
A garden that spans numerous terraces and is adorned with vibrant flowers and hedges adds even more value to the house. The garden is 9,300 square metres and there is 11.2 ha of agricultural land
The swimming pool is 12 metres by 6 metres and features a terracotta-paved sunbathing area. The pool is located a short distance from the main villa in a secluded yet highly panoramic situation.
Walking around the property gives the impression of being transported to the Middle Ages due to the gravel pathways that divide the many structures on the site.
The structure is ideal for hosting weddings and other festivities, but it also represents an excellent opportunity for anybody who is interested in purchasing a private property that does not require sacrificing the conveniences and luxuries of modern living.
TYPE Historical hamlet for sale in Italy, dating back to 1100s’, currently used for holiday accommodation and as a venue for weddings etc
CONDITION Completely restored
LOCATION Hilly, panoramic.
SIZE 1,985 square metres (21,359 square feet)
BEDROOMS 19 (up to 29)
BATHROOMS 21 (up to 30)
FEATURES Original stone construction, terracotta flooring, ceilings with wooden beams and terracotta tiles, old stone fireplace, exposed stone, coffered ceilings, panoramic terrace, brick-built arches, a private chapel with vaulted ceilings, olive grove.
LAND 12.1 hectares (29.9 acres)
GARDEN 9,300 square meters (2.3 acres) Perfectly maintained
ANNEX Farmhouse, guesthouses
ACCESS Paved road
POOL Yes, 12x6m
ELECTRICITY Already connected
WATER Two wells
TELEPHONE Already connected
NEAREST TOWNS Subbiano (6km; 9’); Arezzo (18km; 23’); Cortona (44km; 50’); Montepulciano (68km; 1 h 3’); Pienza (74km; 1h 7’); Siena (84km; 1h 20’); Perugia (92km; 1h 31’); Firenze (94km; 1h 10’); Montalcino (96km; 1h 29’); San Gimignano (133km; 1h 44’).
NEAREST AIRPORTS Perugia Sant’Egidio (100km; 1h 35’); Firenze Peretola (103km;1h 12’); Pisa Galilei (190km; 1h 58’); Bologna Marconi (200km; 2h 7’); Roma Ciampino (263km; 2h 35’); Roma Fiumicino (263km; 2h 35’).