Beautiful luxury Florence villa property spanning 570 square metres with a converted chapel. Located in an upmarket residential area the property is divided into 4 apartments.
Prestige Florence Home
This old villa with its manorial chapel and garden can be found on the Florentine hills just outside of the city’s bustling historic core but removed enough to offer peace and quiet.
There are four apartments on the property, two in the villa and one in the old chapel and one under the garden, all with their own separate entrances and a total of eight bedrooms and ten baths.
A paved courtyard, which is 140 square metres, and a well-maintained garden, which measures 750 square metres. There is a project for a swimming pool.
The historic district of Florence is a short drive away, where you will find services and facilities.
San Gimignano, Siena, Volterra, Lucca, Pisa, etc. are all within an hour’s drive, and the international airport in Florence is just around 12 kilometres from the house.
The villa is currently separated into two apartments, each with their own entrances, but it could be easily reunified into a single home (350 sqm / 3,766 sqft, 6 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms) if wanted.
The main apartment has four bedrooms and five bathrooms and spans 275 square metres (2,959 square feet) across two floors. The ground floor features a spacious kitchen with a dining area, a staff room with a bathroom and laundry room, a large TV room, a service bathroom, a study, and a reception hall with a vaulted ceiling, fireplace, and dining area that opens out onto the courtyard.
The sleeping quarters are located on the second floor, and they include a master suite with a walk-in closet and an en suite bathroom, as well as two further bedrooms and a second full bathroom.
The private courtyard, with its high, crenellated wall, is an ideal setting for hosting summer gatherings and enjoying the outdoors.
Guests can access the first-floor apartment with its two bedrooms and two bathrooms through an exterior stairway that leads from the yard. The unit spans 75 square metres (807 square feet).
The foyer leads to a large living room, kitchen, and dining area, two bedrooms, a cloakroom, and two bathrooms.
This unit is still modifiable because it needs some finishing work.
The villa’s private chapel dates back to the 13th century and was dedicated to Gino Capponi (who was buried here, until his transfer to Santa Croce); the building, now deconsecrated and decorated by Riccardo Barthel, has been converted into a guesthouse with a living area on the ground floor (sitting room, kitchen, and bathroom) and a sleeping area on the first floor (bedroom) (bedroom and bathroom).
The chapel altar has been preserved and serves as the focal point of the luxurious living area.
Lastly, a guesthouse with 130 square metres (1,399 square feet), 1 bedroom, and 1 bathroom, has been built beneath the villa’s garden.
It has its own living area, kitchenette, bedroom, bathroom, and laundry room, and is completely self-contained.
The unit could serve as living quarters for staff or for guest use.
Between the villa and the chapel is a spacious private garden (750 square metres, or 8,070 square feet).
Beyond the entrance road and the chapel, the park’s 985 square metres of space are covered in olive trees, which provide not only welcome summertime shade but also a little harvest of oil for personal use.
Unpaved sections (the entry road, with an easement-of-way in favour of the other inhabitants of the complex) and a handy yard (395 sqm / 4,250 sqft) to keep the car on the remaining land.
The villa’s private courtyard (140 square metres or 1,506 square feet) is a noteworthy feature. This open space features an old stone well that is hidden from view behind a crenellated wall.
- TYPE: Historical villa and chapel, divided into 4 apartments
- CONDITION: Restored, luxury finishes
- LOCATION: Hilly, residential area
- ACCESS: Excellent, paved road
- MUNICIPALITY: Florence
- PROVINCE: Florence
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 570 square metres (6,133 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 15
- BEDROOMS: 8
- BATHROOMS: 10
- ANNEXES: Chapel
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, vaulted ceilings, wooden truss and beams, wooden floors, original stone fireplaces, chapel, original altar, frescoes, garden, paved courtyard, crenellated wall, original well, olive trees
- EXTERIORS: 2,270 square metres (0.5 acres)
- GARDEN: Yes, well maintained
- SWIMMING POOL: No, but possible
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water
- TELEPHONE: To be connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: Natural gas
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Closest services (1km; 3’), Bagno a Ripoli (18km; 20’), San Casciano in Val di Pesa (19km; 20’), Greve in Chianti (28km; 35’), Castellina in Chianti (39km; 40’), San Gimignano (51km; 55’), Monteriggioni (53km; 45’), Siena (64km; 55’), Gaiole in Chianti (70km; 1h), Volterra (72km; 1h 10’), Arezzo (79km; 1h), Lucca (82km; 1h 10’), Pisa (84km; 1h 10’), Castiglion Fiorentino (97km; 1h 15’), Pienza (119km; 1h 35’), Cortona (119km; 1h 25’), Rome (273km; 2h 55’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Firenze A. Vespucci (12km; 20’), Pisa G. Galilei (81km; 1h 5’), Bologna G. Marconi (103km; 1h 14’), Perugia San Francesco (163km; 1h 50’), Roma Ciampino (290km; 2h 55’), Roma Fiumicino (304km; 3h
See more Florence real estate