If you are looking for Florence Italy apartments for sale take a look at this luxury property near Piazza Del Duomo. Large and spacious (5 bedrooms) modern property inside a 13th-century convent right in the city centre. Close to shops, restaurants and all that Florence has to offer.
Florence Italy apartment for sale
This luxury apartment was created inside a 13th-century convent and therefore there were typical characteristics and features that had to be kept and preserved. The courtyard, in particular, with its original vaulted walkways running around, is one of the most charming features. The project brought together the historic heritage of the convent and combined them with the finishes and comforts required in the 21st century. An example being the medieval columns which have been coupled with glass and metal in a very well-thought-out restoration which has managed to preserve the bright nature of the once open courtyard by covering it with a full-glass ceiling which is equipped with a hydraulic system that moves the ceiling upward to allow air to enter and recirculate in the building.
The property is light and bright thanks to the white plastered walls and at the same time, the underground rooms are also bright since the floor of the courtyard is made out of glass and light can shine right through it. The project for a wellness centre is already approved and works could easily be started (if wanted).
This luxury apartment has a surface area of 480 sqm – 5,165 sqft on three floors. On the ground floor, walking down the entrance corridor, there is a beautiful open space living room. The incredibly bright and spacious hall, which is over 190 sqm – 2,044 sqft, was created in what was originally the courtyard of the convent and it has been covered with a glass ceiling . The shape of the room also has excellent acoustics and is therefore perfect if you have a musician in the family. The floor is also partly made of glass, giving a direct view over the underlying studio/atelier. On the farther side of the hall from the entrance, there is a generous kitchen with a dining area and two bathrooms.
Next to the kitchen, on both sides there are two staircases, leading respectively upward (to the sleeping area) and downward (to the studio/atelier). Another staircase, leading downward, is located in the centre of the living area and leads to the atelier as well.
The leftmost staircase (next to the bathroom) goes underground and leads to a series of three connected rooms which are currently furnished as an office (95 sqm – 1,022 sqft). There is however a full-scale project (already approved by the Soprintendenza) to convert this underground space into a welcoming wellness area with a swimming pool and sauna.
The rightmost staircase, leads upstairs where one can find the sleeping area which is made up of four bedrooms. Both rooms have direct access to the wood-and-glass terrace (150 sqm – 1,614 sqft), right over the living room and which is equipped with a shading system for summer.
Midway along the staircase there is a bathroom servicing the bedrooms above.
Back on the ground floor, the property also features an independent studio apartment on the ground floor which could be used as staff accommodation. The entrance of this apartment is located next to the one leading inside the main dwelling.
In a fantastic Florence city centre location you can easily walk to all the well known (and not so well known) landmarks of this famous city. You are also close to shops, boutiques, restaurants etc.
A prestige Florence luxury apartment home in a lovely location.
- TYPE: Modern spacious Florence luxury apartment with terrace
- CONDITION: Restored
- LOCATION: Historic city centre, 100 m from the well known Piazza del Duomo
- MUNICIPALITY: Florence
- PROVINCE: Florence
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 480 square metres (5,165 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 7
- BEDROOMS: 5
- BATHROOMS: 4
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, columns, original 13th-century cloister, stone columns, vaulted ceilings, mouldings, skylight, wood-and-glass terrace, a project for a wellness centre, wooden beams
- LAND: 150 square metres (1,614 square feet)
- GARDEN: No, but a terrace
- ANNEXES: No
- ACCESS: Excellent
- SWIMMING POOL: No, but possible
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: Municipal network
- HEATING SYSTEM: Convectors + air conditioning
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS San Casciano in Val di Pesa (28km; 40’), Greve in Chianti (37km; 50’), Colle di Val d’Elsa (54km; 55’), San Gimignano (60km; 1h 5’), Monteriggioni (62km; 1h), Siena (78km; 1h 10’), Lucca (80km; 1h 15’), Volterra (81km; 1h 25’), Pisa (99km; 1h 40’), Montepulciano (109km; 1h 30’), Pienza (116km; 1h 45’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Firenze Vespucci (10km; 20’), Bologna Marconi (105km; 1h 45’), Pisa Galilei (107km; 1h 35’), Perugia San Francesco (160km; 2h), Roma Ciampino (287km; 3h 10’), Milano Linate (301km; 3h 30’), Roma Fiumicino (302km; 3h 15’), Milano Malpensa (355km; 4h)
See more Florence Italy Real Estate
Other properties that may be of interest you
- Florence Apartment Luxury Florence apartment located in the city centre and just a few minutes walk from the main Florence landmarks and attractions. Fully restored with luxury finishes this property is ideal…
- Florence city centre property Florence city centre property comprising a beautifully restored 150-sqm luxury apartment with 2 bedrooms on the 4th floor (elevator) of a beautiful historic palazzo in the heart of Florence. …
- 4 Bedroom Apartment Luxury Florence 4 bedroom apartment just a minute from the world-famous Piazza del Duomo with views over the Cathedral and dome. Large and spacious -420 square metres /4,520 square feet…