If you are looking for Florence Italy apartments for sale take a look at this luxury property near Piazza Del Duomo with views of the Duomo. Large and spacious 274 square metres/2,948 square feet (2 up to 4 bedrooms) property inside a historic palazzo right in the city centre. Close to shops, restaurants and all that Florence has to offer.
Florence Italy apartment for sale
This Florence luxury apartment is inside a 19th-century palazzo and has typical characteristics and features including the beautiful frescoed halls that have been kept and preserved. On the second floor of the palazzo, the apartment overlooks the Duomo and has a surface area of 274 sqm with two bedrooms but it would be possible to rework the office and walk-in wardrobe area to make another 2 bedrooms.
Services, amenities and facilities are readily available close by and can be reached on foot.
This elegant apartment spans a generous area of 274 square metres (2,948 square feet) and is situated on the second floor of the building, accessible via the condominium staircase. Upon entering the door, you are greeted by an inviting entrance hall featuring a small cloakroom. From here, one proceeds into the beautifully adorned reception hall and the kitchen with a dining area. Another entrance from the hall leads to a corridor that extends throughout the entire apartment. To the right, you will find an additional hall, while to the left, there is a private office space (or bedroom, if desired) with a mezzanine. Continuing along the corridor, the second section leads to the living room on the right, culminating in a bedroom with a private bathroom and a lofted walk-in wardrobe. On the left side, two doors open to a bedroom with a loft and a spacious lofted walk-in wardrobe (which could serve as another bedroom) with an adjoining toilet. Finally, at the end of the corridor, a last door grants access to the service bathroom.
The historical significance of the palazzo can be traced back to the period of the Risanamento, a grand urban redesign led by architect Giuseppe Poggi (1811-1901) during the relocation of the capital from Turin to Florence. While the current form of the building dates to that time, it is logical to assume that it arose from the amalgamation and renovation of pre-existing structures from the 16th and 17th centuries. The building underwent a renovation in 1865 by Poggi himself, who acquired the property that same year, as documented at the time. However, the relatively short duration of the construction suggests that maintenance work had already been carried out a few years prior. A plaque on the façade commemorates how the architect resided and worked within the palazzo until 1901, establishing his own studio within the premises.
Recently, the flat has undergone meticulous and masterful renovations, with various improvements completed in 2022. Every effort has been made to preserve the original elements whenever possible, resulting in the revival of the parquet floors and frescoes, which have been thoroughly cleaned and preserved. The wooden fixtures have been restored and reinstated to their original state. Furthermore, the apartment has been modernized to meet 21st-century standards in terms of services and conveniences. The electrical system has been entirely replaced and certified, as has the air conditioning system, which is now equipped with five certified split units. The newly installed high-efficiency boiler includes a water storage and pumping system, ensuring consistent water pressure throughout the house. Additionally, all sanitary fixtures, taps, and fittings have been replaced with new ones, as well as domestic appliances. The lighting system incorporates adjustable-intensity LED spotlights in the corridor and living hall, accentuating the frescoes and architectural elements. The rooms are characterized by abundant natural light and excellent ventilation, owing to the impressive ceiling heights, exceeding 4 meters (13 feet) in the halls and rooms.
Furthermore, a noteworthy aspect to consider is that the building is not listed under the jurisdiction of the Soprintendenza, and therefore, any internal modifications can be carried out without the need for special authorization from the Ministry of Cultural and Environmental Heritage.
In a fantastic Florence city centre location you can easily walk to all the well known (and not so well known) landmarks of this famous city. You are also close to shops, boutiques, restaurants etc.
A prestige Florence luxury apartment home in a lovely location.
- TYPE: Florence Luxury apartment
- CONDITION: Restored, luxury finishes
- LOCATION: Historic city centre
- ACCESS: Excellent
- MUNICIPALITY: Florence
- PROVINCE: Florence
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 274 square metres (2,948 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 12
- BEDROOMS: 2 (up to 4)
- BATHROOMS: 3
- ANNEXES: No
- MAIN FEATURES: Historic building, frescoed ceilings, original parquet floors, seminato veneziano, wooden beams, original fixtures, modern systems, view of Santa Maria del Fiore’s dome, led lighting with variable intensity, mouldings, galleries
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water
- TELEPHONE: already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: Natural gas
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators + air conditioning
- LANDMARKS OF FLORENCE Palazzo Medici (300m; 3’), Basilica di San Lorenzo (350m; 3’), Piazza del Duomo (500m; 6’), Santa Maria Novella (800m; 10’), Fortezza da Basso (800m; 9’(, Piazza della Signoria (1,0km; 12’), Galleria degli Uffizi (1,0km; 12’), Ponte Vecchio (1km; 13’), Basilica di Santa Croce (1,3km; 16’), Palazzo Pitti (1,5km; 18’), Basilica di Santo Spirito (1,5km; 19’), Piazzale Michelangelo (2,5km; 34’)
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Closest services (50m; 2’), San Casciano in Val di Pesa (28km; 40’), Greve in Chianti (37km; 50’), Colle di Val d’Elsa (54km; 55’), San Gimignano (60km; 1h 5’), Monteriggioni (62km; 1h), Arezzo (77km; 1h 5’), Siena (78km; 1h 10’), Lucca (78km; 1h 10’), Volterra (81km; 1h 25’), Pisa (99km; 1h 40’), Montepulciano (109km; 1h 30’), Pienza (116km; 1h 45’), Montalcino (117km; 1h 50’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Firenze A. Vespucci (8km; 20’), Bologna G. Marconi (105km; 1h 45’), Pisa G. Galilei (107km; 1h 35’), Perugia San Francesco (160km; 2h), Roma Ciampino (287km; 3h 10’), Milano Linate (301km; 3h 30’), Roma Fiumicino (302km; 3h 15’), Milano Malpensa 355km; 4h)
See more Florence Italy Real Estate