Italy real estate in the Tuscan countryside near to Gaiole in Chianti, a 489 sqm farmhouse restored with 5 bedrooms, 6.4 hectares of land inc vineyard(2 ha), olive grove (100 trees), gardens and swimming pool.
Restored Tuscan Farmhouse with pool, land, vineyard and olive grove
Dating back to the 15th-century, a careful and skilled renovation was been carried out in 2000 which has preserved the original appearance of the building and retained the traditional Tuscan style and architecture with stone walls and brick outside, terracotta floors, wooden beams and masonry arches inside.
This lovely Tuscan farm property covers an area of approximately 6.4 hectares (15.8 acres) in its entirety. Surrounding the house is the garden (1,290 sqm) planted with hedges, flowers and ornamental trees. A short distance from the building, on a paved terrace sheltered by hedges and trees, is the 12 × 6 m swimming pool surrounded by a comfortable terracotta sunbathing area with a small veranda housing a relaxation area.
The farmhouse has a surface area of 489 sqm – 5,262 sqft with 5 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms, dating back to the 15th century and was entirely renovated in 2000 and is on three levels.
In the basement is a laundry room and storage area.
The ground floor is largely used as a living area, with two sitting rooms, a dining room, the kitchen with veranda and exit to the paved patio, a service bathroom, a cloakroom and some storage rooms/pantries.
At the far end of the floor is the first bedroom with a bathroom, which can be accessed independently from the outside.
Going up to the first floor (from inside or outside), one comes to a large double living room with a fireplace. From here a long corridor leads to three guest bedrooms, all with en-suite bathrooms. The external staircase leads to a small landing leading to a fifth bedroom with a bathroom, totally independent.
The outdoor terrace next to the kitchen is the perfect place for dinners or lunches with friends, thanks to the presence of a barbecue and pizza oven.
The property is used for rental accommodation with very good results.
Below the farmhouse, along the slope and with excellent exposure to the sun, is the Chianti Classico DOCG vineyard (2.0 ha), currently rented to the nearby winery for an annual fee of € 5,000 (contract expiring December 31, 2025).
From the road, the gate leads to a convenient parking area (325 sqm) where guests can leave their cars: The property is fenced off to ensure maximum security.
The arable land (1.1 ha) includes about 100 olive trees that allow the production of a small quantity of oil for private use and a useful pond for irrigating the gardens and vineyards if necessary.
The woodland (3.0 ha) surrounding the property, particularly on the north side, gives privacy and silence.
- TYPE: Farmhouse with pool, land, vineyard and olive grove
- CONDITION: Restored (2000)
- LOCATION: Hilly, panoramic
- ACCESS: Unpaved road (2.5 km)
- MUNICIPALITY: Gaiole in Chianti
- PROVINCE: Siena
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 489 square metres (5,262 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 16
- BEDROOMS: 5
- BATHROOMS: 6
- ANNEXES: No
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone and brick walls, wooden beams, terracotta floors, wooden fixtures and frames, paved terraces, veranda, BBQ area, original pizza oven, swimming pool, parking area, tree-lined avenue, Chianti Classico DOCG vineyards, olive trees
- TOTAL LAND: 6.4 hectares (15.8 acres)
- VINEYARDS: 2.0 hectares (4.9 acres)
- OLIVE GROVE: 100 trees
- GARDEN: Yes, mature and well-maintained
- SWIMMING POOL: 12 × 6 m
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected + photovoltaic system
- WATER SUPPLY: Private well + natural spring
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: LPG
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators + air conditioning
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Gaiole in Chianti (5km; 15’), Bucine (20km; 35’), Castellina in Chianti (30km; 45’), Greve in Chianti (34km; 50’), Siena (34km; 50’), Monteriggioni (45km; 1h 5’), San Casciano in Val di Pesa (47km; 1h 5’), San Gimignano (55km; 1h 20’), Arezzo (62km, 1h 10’), Firenze (70km; 1h 20’), Montalcino (71km; 1h 25’), Montepulciano (73km; 1h 25’), Pienza (80km; 1h 30’), Cortona (83km; 1h 25’), Tuoro sul Trasimeno (92km; 1h 30’), Lucca (152km; 2h 10’), Pisa (154km; 2h 10’), Roma (242km; 3h)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Firenze A. Vespucci (90km; 1h 25’), Grosseto C. Baccarini (107km; 1h 40’), Perugia San Francesco (128km; 2h), Pisa G. Galilei (151km; 2h 5’), Bologna G. Marconi (172km; 2h 10’), Roma Ciampino (256km; 3h), Roma Fiumicino (271km; 3h 5’)
See more farmhouses for sale in Italy