Near to Città di Castello and the Tuscan border is this substantial farmhouse with pool, land and small vineyard. This property in Umbria has 6 bedrooms at the moment but it is possible for up to 10 bedrooms in total.
Umbria farmhouse with annexes, pool, land and vineyard
In a panoramic position, not far from Città di Castello is this typical stone farmhouse with annexes, swimming pool, land and a small vineyard. Recently majority restored, the farmhouse currently has 6 bedrooms but this number could be increased to 10 with finishing works on the second floor. The size of the farmhouse, together with a pool and the convenient location between Umbria and Tuscany, make this an ideal property for a B&B/ holiday accommodation.
The farmhouse has a surface area of 778 sqm – 8,371 sqft and has been recently restored following the anti-seismic regulations and is laid out over four floors as follows:
– Ground floor: tavern, two bathrooms, storage rooms, cellars and workshop;
– First floor: two apartments, independently accessible from the outside or via the internal staircase:
– Apartment N°1: open-space kitchen, three bedrooms (one of which has an en-suite bathroom) and bathroom;
– Apartment N°2: kitchen, sitting room, two bedrooms and a bathroom;
– Second floor: loft with bathroom and several rooms to be completed;
– Third floor: bedroom with bathroom and terrace on the roof.
The property is then completed by a former pigsty (110 sqm – 1184 sqft) and an annexe (300 sqm – 3,228 sqft). Both the buildings are currently used as storage rooms and workshops but could be easily converted into further residential units / holiday accommodation.
The farmhouse has 7.5 hectares of land: the portion immediately around the farmhouses (roughly 7,000 sqm – 1.7 ac) is landscaped as a garden and has never been treated with chemicals. Irrigation is from a pond which is filled with water from Lake Montedoglio in Tuscany.
The remaining land is mainly covered in woodland (4.7 ha – 11.6 ac) which has not been cut in over 50 years, arable and grazing land (1.7 ha – 4.2 ac). The remaining land (0.4 ha – 1.0 ac) is planted with a small registered vineyard.
The woods are crossed by a nice path which leads directly to the river, ideal for woodland strolls.
- TYPE Farmhouse with annexes, pool, land and vineyard
- CONDITION Recently restored
- LOCATION Hilly, panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY Città di Castello
- PROVINCE Perugia
- REGION Umbria
- SIZE 1,188 sqm (12,783 sqft)
- ROOMS 21
- BEDROOMS 6 (up to 10)
- BATHROOMS 7
- FEATURES Stone walls, wooden beams, loggia, vaulted ceiling, terracotta floors, stone fireplaces, vineyard, garden, swimming pool
- LAND 7.5 ha (4.7 ha woodland + 1.7 ha arable/grazing land + 0.7 ha park + 0.4 ha vineyards)
- GARDEN Yes
- ANNEX Pigsty, dependance
- ACCESS Excellent
- POOL 12 x 6 m (Infinity)
- ELECTRICITY Already connected
- WATER Private well
- GAS LPG
- HEATING Radiators + fireplaces
- TELEPHONE To be connected
- NEAREST TOWNS Village with services (1km; 2’), Città di Castello (5km; 10’), Monte Santa Maria Tiberina (11km; 20’), Anghiari (18km; 20’), Sansepolcro (20km; 15’), Umbertide (27km; 20’), Castiglion Fiorentino (38km; 40’), Gubbio (54km; 45’), Perugia (57km; 45’), Cortona (57km; 1h), Assisi (73km; 55’), Montepulciano (84km; 1h 15’)
- NEAREST AIRPORTS Perugia San Francesco (58km; 40’), Firenze Vespucci (129km; 1h 30’), Ancona Falconara (158km; 1h 50’), Pisa Galilei (190km; 2h 15’), Bologna Marconi (194km; 2h 5’), Roma Ciampino (237km; 2h 30’), Roma Fiumicino (252km; 2h 40’)
See more farmhouses for sale in Italy