Italy real estate in the Tuscan countryside near to Volterra, a 522 sqm farmhouse restored with 8 letting bedrooms and 2 bedroomed owners accommodation, 14.7 hectares of land, vineyard(0.5 ha), olive grove (800 trees), arable land, gardens and swimming pool. An underground cellar (97 sqm) means that the grapes harvested can also be processed on the farm.
Restored Tuscan Farmhouse Agriturismo with pool, land, vineyard and olive grove
Built between the 18th and 19th centuries and extended at the beginning of the 20th century, a careful and skilled renovation has been carried out in recent years which has preserved the original appearance of the building and retained the traditional Tuscan style and architecture with stone walls and brick outside, terracotta floors, wooden beams and masonry arches inside.
This lovely Tuscan farm covers an area of 14.7 hectares with a small productive vineyard (0.5 ha), an olive grove (800 trees) plus arable land with fruit trees. The vineyard grows mainly red varieties (Sangiovese, Canaiolo) but there are also white varieties (Vermentino). The annual production is around 2,500 – 3,000 bottles, most of which are used within the agriturismo business.
Not far from the farmhouse there is the 15 x 7.5 m swimming pool which enjoys views of the magnificent Tuscan sunsets.
The stone farmhouse (425 sqm – 4,573 sqft, 10 bedrooms and 9 bathrooms) is structured on two floors and houses both the master/owners apartment and the holiday rentals section.
– Master apartment (70 sqm – 753 sqft): living room with fireplace, kitchen, two bedrooms and bathroom;
– Apartment B (355 sqm – 3,820 sqft, on two floors): reception hall with porch overlooking the swimming pool, professional kitchen, living room and eight bedrooms with en-suite bathroom (two of these have independent access from outside)
Not far from the farmhouse there is an underground cellar (97 sqm – 1,044 sqft) used to process the grapes harvested on the farm.
The property is currently run as an Agriturismo, which is combined with the production of oil and wine thanks to the cellar in the estate. The master apartment allows the owners to live in the structure next to their business.
If wanted, it would be possible to convert the entire farmhouse into a magnificent private home.
- TYPE Farmhouse Agriturismo with Small Vineyard and Olive Grove
- CONDITION Restored
- LOCATION Hilly, panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY Volterra
- PROVINCE Pisa
- REGION Tuscany
- SIZE 522 sqm
- ROOMS 16
- BEDROOMS 10
- BATHROOMS 9
- FEATURES Stone walls, brick arches, wooden beams, original terracotta floors, pergola, pool, vineyards, olive grove, well-maintained garden, underground cellar, photovoltaic system
- LAND 14.7 ha (36.3 acres)
- GARDEN Yes, well-maintained
- ANNEXE Underground cellar
- ACCESS Paved road
- POOL 15 x 7.5 m
- ELECTRICITY Already connected + photovoltaic system (18.5 kW)
- WATER Mains water + lake
- GAS LPG
- HEATING Radiators + underfloor heating
- TELEPHONE Already connected
- NEAREST TOWNS Town with services (2km; 5’), Volterra (20km; 25’), Cecina (37km; 45’), Bolgheri (42km; 50’), San Gimignano (52km; 1h 5’), Siena (65km; 1h 20’), Pisa (76km; 1h 20’), Greve in Chianti (83km; 1h 40’), Montalcino (99km; 1h 55’), Florence (100km; 1h 45’), Lucca (116km; 1h 35’)
- NEAREST AIRPORTS Pisa Galilei (73km; 1h 10’), Firenze Peretola (109km; 1h 35’), Grosseto Baccarini (93km; 1h 30’), Bologna Marconi (197km; 2h 30’), Roma Fiumicino (262km; 3h 15’), Roma Ciampino (282km; 3h 35’), Milano Linate (361km; 3h 50’), Milano Malpensa (415km; 4h 20’)
See more farmhouses for sale in Italy