Restored farmhouse with guest accommodation, garden, and panoramic view. 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. Near to Rapolano Terme in Tuscany. The property retains traditional characteristics such as exposed stone walls, stunning brick arches, wooden beams and terracotta floors.
Tuscan Restored Farmhouse with Garden, Land
This renovated farmhouse sits on 6.5 acres of land in the Sienese hills, not far from the well-known spa town of Rapolano Terme. With its well-preserved rustic aesthetic, the property features two separate homes, 4 bedrooms for the owners and one bedroom for visitors, with a combined total of five bedrooms and four bathrooms. Some of the land could be used, if wanted, to plant a vineyard, and the centre courtyard is paved for comfortable outdoor gatherings.
Nearby Rapolano Terme, accessible in less than ten minutes by vehicle, is home to a full range of amenities. It takes less than two hours to get to the airport in Perugia or to many of the beautiful Tuscan towns and cities such as Montepulciano, Montalcino, Cortona, Siena, Florence, San Gimignano, etc.
This farmhouse has been cleverly converted into two self-contained units, each with its own entrance and exit onto the common courtyard. The original farm equipment storage, washroom, and cellar are located on the ground level, south side of the structures (105 sqm – 1,130 sqft).
– The main residence is a spacious 315 square metres (3,389 square feet) across two stories and contains 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. One enters the large central living room via the main door on the north side. The kitchen, office, and bathroom are all accessible through a door on the right. A second living area and the stairway can be found off to the left. Once inside the front door, you’ll find a large living area with a fireplace that splits the first floor in two directions: one side leads to the master bedroom with an attached bathroom, while the other side leads to a hallway with three bedrooms and a shared bathroom.
– Located in the southeast part of the farmhouse, the guest quarters span two stories and have a total size of 85 square metres (915 square feet), with one bedroom and one bathroom. The kitchen and eating area, a living room that doubles as an office and a bathroom are all on the ground floor. The bedroom is on the first story, and you can get there via the stairs in the wall. The building was meticulously restored to maintain the characteristics that set Tuscan country properties apart. Both the interior and exterior stone and brick walls have been cleaned and valorized, and it was chosen to keep the terracotta flooring and wooden beams as they were originally installed. The wooden beams on the ground floor are suspended by graceful brick arches. The sunny rooms on the first floor and the cosy atmosphere created by the red bricks make this home a great place to spend family time.
A car can be safely stored in the garage that is located behind the farmhouse (25 square metres, or 269 square feet).
There are a total of 3,000 square metres of garden space, 3.3 hectares of arable land (with the potential to restore the old vineyard), and an additional 3.3 hectares of mixed woods (2.9 ha). The trees around the farmhouse not only contribute to the estate’s characteristic Tuscan appearance but also provide seclusion and calm.
- TYPE: Country farmhouse with garden
- CONDITION: Restored
- LOCATION: Hilly, panoramic
- ACCESS: Unpaved road (1 km)
- MUNICIPALITY: Rapolano Terme
- PROVINCE: Siena
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 530 square metres (5,703 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 15
- BEDROOMS: 5
- BATHROOMS: 4
- ANNEXES: Garage
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone and brick walls, arches, wooden beams and terracotta tiles, original terracotta floors, brick fireplace, porch, paved courtyard, garage, garden, possibility of replanting the vineyard
- EXTERIORS: 6.5 hectares (16.1 acres)
- GARDEN: Yes, well maintained
- SWIMMING POOL: No, but possible
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Private wells
- TELEPHONE: To be connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: LPG
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators + fireplaces + solar panels
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Town with services (6km; 10’), Terme di Rapolano (8km; 12’), Lucignano (9km; 10’), Trequanda (16km; 20’), Montepulciano (26km; 30’), Montepulciano (28km; 30’), Castiglion Fiorentino (27km; 33’), Siena (34km; 35’), Arezzo (35km; 37’), Cortona (37km; 35’), Montalcino (41km; 49’), San Gimignano (74km; 1h 10’), Florence (91km; 1h 25’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Perugia San Francesco (80km; 1h), Firenze A. Vespucci (119km; 1h 20’), Pisa G. Galilei (154km; 1h 56’), Bologna G. Marconi (200km; 2h 20’), Roma Ciampino (208km; 2h 20’), Roma Fiumicino (228km; 2h 15’)
See more Farmhouse properties