Rustic farmhouse for sale fully restored large 11 bedroomed property with swimming pool and panoramic countryside views. Spacious private home or could be used for holiday accommodation business.
Large Restored Rustic Italian House
In a quiet and private position on the Umbria hills close to the border with Marche is this 600-sqm farmhouse with 11 bedrooms and 11 bathrooms enjoying a 360-degree panoramic view over valleys and woods. The area is a wild animal haven (deer, fox, hare, hedgehog, porcupine, fireflies, birds of prey). The property is currently a private home and features a 10 × 4 m Infinity swimming pool overlooking the woods, and 1.1 ha of land. This rustic property could easily be used for an accommodation business thanks to it size, amenities and proximity to the most beautiful cities of Umbria. Given the production of honey, the property could be used as a full-fledged Agriturismo. The house is furnished with vintage Umbrian pieces.
Services are all available in the nearby town of Pietralunga (13km) and Città di Castello (21km) but it is easy to move further afield.
The closest airport is the one in Perugia (65km; 1h), but the airports in Florence, Pisa, Bologna and Rome are easily reachable as well.
The farmhouse has a surface area of 600 sqm – 6,456 sqft on three floors organized as follows:
– Ground floor: five bedrooms with bathroom, mini-apartment made up of two bedrooms and bathroom, a large tavern with an event hall, kitchen, two bathrooms (one of which is suitable for disabled people), dining room with stone oven, gym, ample storage room (which could be converted into a further bedroom with bathroom), laundry room and two boiler rooms;
– First floor: living room with gallery and panoramic terrace, studio/library, kitchen, dining room with a huge stone fireplace, two bedrooms and two bathrooms (one of which has a sauna);
– Second floor: two rooms usable as bedrooms, a loft and bathroom.
There is also the possibility of building a further 100 sqm + 100 sqm of buildings (not adjacent).
This rustic home is surrounded by 1,500 sqm of garden. A short distance from the building is the 10 × 4 m Infinity swimming pool overlooking the woods and fitted with an underground technical room. The remaining surface area(roughly 1.0 ha) is covered by mixed woodland descending down towards a stream.
Two gates (one of which is automated) give access to the property.
The farmhouse has been recently restored keeping its typical features of countryside buildings such as stone walls outside with wooden fixtures and inside floors are covered in Cotto tiles and the ceilings supported by wooden beams. Furniture includes typical Umbrian vintage pieces and wrought iron artefacts made by skilled local craftsmen. Lighting is from unique copper-and-porcelain pieces, impossible to create nowadays. The copper elements of the electric systems are no longer available because there are no longer craftsmen producing them; other portions reproduce the old electric tracks with cable tresses and ceramic elements.
This lovely home is currently used as a private residence and for summer courses catering to small groups. The presence of many bedrooms and bathrooms, next to a well-thought internal division would easily allow using the property for a holiday accommodation business supported by the 10 × 4 m swimming pool, the private location and the proximity to many of Umbria’s and Tuscany’s historic cities. In this way, it would be able to exploit the property all year round.
- TYPE: Large 17th-Century Farmhouse with pool
- CONDITION: Restored
- LOCATION: Hilly, panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY: Città di Castello
- PROVINCE: Perugia
- REGION: Umbria
- INTERIORS: 600 square metres (6,456 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 24
- BEDROOMS: 11 (up to 12)
- BATHROOMS: 11 (up to 12)
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, wooden beams with Cotto tiles, terracotta floors, stone fireplaces, Infinity swimming pool overlooking the woods, high-quality furniture, paved courtyard, terrace, automated gate
- LAND: 1.1 hectares (2.7 acres)
- GARDEN: 1,500 square metres (0.4 acres)
- ANNEXES: Pool technical room
- ACCESS: Excellent
- SWIMMING POOL: 10 × 4 m
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Private well + cistern for rainwater
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: LPG + pellet
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS
- Pietralunga (13km; 20’), Città di Castello (21km; 35’), Umbertide (34km; 45’), Sansepolcro (40km; 45’), Anghiari (46km; 55’), Urbino (52km; 1h 10’), Castiglion Fiorentino (62km; 1h 20’), Perugia (66km; 1h), Cortona (67km; 1h 25’), Siena (126km; 2h), Firenze (141km; 2h 20’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS
- Perugia San Francesco (65km; 1h), Firenze Vespucci (153km; 2h), Pisa Galilei (213km; 2h 45’), Bologna Marconi (214km; 2h 40’), Roma Ciampino (248km; 3h), Roma Fiumicino (262km; 3h 10’)
See more Farmhouses for sale in Italy
Other properties that may be of interest you
- Farmhouse in Umbria In Umbria, 4-Bed farmhouse with guest accommodation (2 separate 1-bed annexes) large garden with swimming pool. Private and quiet location with panoramic 360-degree views near Lake Trasimeno. Fully restored. Restored…
- Todi Property Lovely Todi property comprising a restored farmhouse with 6 bedrooms, gardens, swimming pool, land. Rural and private property with views over the countryside and the historic town of Todi. Umbria…
- Italian Farmhouse Property A lovely Italian farmhouse property for sale located just 10 minutes from Umbertide in Umbria in a quiet private countryside position. 5 Bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, gardens and swimming pool. Restored…