Established working wine estate with potential to upgrade vineyard and wine production. Restored 5 bedroomed farmhouse, cellar, 42.4 hectares land, vineyards olive grove, chestnuts, arable land, woodland.
Emilia Romagna, vineyards, olive grove, chestnuts, arable land, woodland. Restored 5 bedroomed farmhouse, Wine cellar
The property was restored at the beginning of the 2000s, retaining the rural architectural features and is in excellent condition, with up-to-date systems and high-quality finishes. Ceilings are partially made out of wood and partly covered with (original) barrel vaults, doors are made out of solid wood while windows are in natural wood with double glazing.
Part of the cellar (barrique and storage room) is equipped with a thermoregulation system which controls temperature and humidity of the rooms so to grant a perfect ageing for wine.
The main farmhouse (453 sqm – 4,874 sqft) is laid out onto three floors plus a turret:
– Ground floor: kitchen with fireplace, two bedrooms, two bathrooms and an executive lounge;
– First floor: kitchen, three bedrooms, living room with fireplace and two bathrooms;
– Second floor and turret: office (three rooms) with bathroom and closet.
The cellar (562 sqm – 6,047 sqft) is fitted with modern equipment for vinification, processing, ageing and storage of quality wines. For bottling, equipment is borrowed. An apron in front of the cellar allows for loading and unloading operations.
A garage (90 sqm – 968 sqft) allows parking agricultural vehicles and can be used for maintenance operations.
The estate has 42.4 hectares of land. The vineyard (8.9 ha) and the olive grove (1.7 ha), the remaining area comprises chestnut grove (1.5 ha), arable land (2 ha) and woodland (28.3 ha).
DETAILS ON WINE PRODUCTION
– Vineyard surface: 8.9 hectares (of which 5.3 ha to be replanted)
– Varieties: Sangiovese (55% ♦), Sauvignon Blanc (29% ♦), Cabernet Sauvignon (7% ♦), Merlot (6% ♦), Ancellotta (3% ♦)
– Year of planting: 1970s – 2002
– Altitude: 250 – 500 m
– Average yield: 48 q/ha
– Terrain composition: marly, medium texture
– Yearly production: 90,000 (up to 106,500 bottles)
– Markets reached: Italy (43.5%), United States (19.1%), San Marino (12.0%), Canada (10.3%), Switzerland (8.5%), Denmark (5.0%), Japan (1.3%), Germany (0.3%)
– Containers in the cellar: barriques (41, for a total of 141 hl), demijohns (10, for a total of 5 hl), stainless steel vats (for a total of 1,590 hl), concrete basins (for a total of 204 hl), conical vat (for a total of 12 hl)
♦ Romagna DOC: Sangiovese 100%
♦ Forlì IGT: Sangiovese 100%
♦ Forlì IGT: Sauvignon Blanc 100%
♦ Grappa: Sangiovese 100%
♦ Romagna DOC: up to 70.000 bottles
♦ Forlì IGT: up to 25.000 bottles
♦ Forlì IGT: up to 11.500 bottles
DETAILS ON OIL PRODUCTION
– Surface: 1.7 hectares (Brisighello DOP)
– Number of trees: 350
– Altitude: 250 – 450 m
– Yearly production: 5 quintals (approx. 520 liters)
The property offers a fine opportunity to increase wine production by replanting the elderly 5.3 ha vineyard.
TYPE Established working wine estate with well-known wine cellar and vineyard
LOCATION Hilly, panoramic
SIZE 1,105 sqm (11,889 sqft)
FEATURES Stone walls, portico, terracotta floors, vaulted ceilings, fireplaces, wooden beams, cellar
LAND 42.4 hectares (8.9 ha vineyard + 1.7 ha olive grove + 1.5 ha chestnut grove + 2 ha arable land + 28.3 ha woodland)
GARDEN Yes, around the buildings
ANNEXE Several rural buildings
ELECTRICITY Already connected
WATER Mains water
TELEPHONE Already connected
Town with services (12km; 25’), Faenza (19km; 30’), Imola (34km; 50’), Forlì (36km; 50’), Ravenna (61km; 1h 10’), Cesena (63km; 1h 5’), Bologna (77km; 1h 20’), Florence (94km; 2h 20’), San Marino (104km; 1h 30’)
Bologna Marconi (81km; 1h 25’), Firenze Peretola (105km; 2h 10’), Parma Verdi (174km; 2h 20’), Venezia Marco Polo (229km; 3h), Milano Linate (286km; 3h 20’)
Other properties that may be of interest you
- Organic Wine Estate Excellent opportunity to purchase an organic Italian wine estate. Owners accommodation, vineyards, olive grove, persimmons and chestnut. Lots of further potential and an ideal business for an owner operator. Italian…
- Tuscany Estate Tuscany estate for sale with lots of potential. 322 hectares land with vineyards, Olive groves, arable and woodland. Several farmhouses and various agricultural outbuildings and wine cellar. Chianti Vineyards Estate…
- Wine, Olives, Land, Home and Tourist Accommodation Splendid opportunity to purchase a large Tuscan wine estate with multiple income streams, wine, olives, farm, tourist accommodation and several buildings, some needing restoration. Large Tuscan Wine Estate The estate…