Luxury Elba villa property for sale. Porto Azzurro. 5 Bedroomed villa plus 5 guest units giving 7 bedrooms. Sea views, private garden, land and also possible to make a vineyard. Versatile property.
Luxury Porto Azzurro Elba Villa Property Sea Views
Property on the Tuscan island of Elba is always in high demand, both for residential and holiday use and this 5-bed luxury villa plus 7-bed annexes is suitable for both year-round multi-generation family living or as a vacation destination.
This 19th-century villa with guesthouses is right outside of Porto Azzurro, one of Elba Island’s most famous and well-known towns. There are 12 guest rooms in the complex, which is made up of several buildings. The villa is up on a hill, so it is private and has a good view of the sea in the distance. The land that comes with the property is 3.3 hectares, and most of it is perfect for planting Elba DOC vineyards.
All services are available in the nearby town (850m; 2′), and it doesn’t take long to walk or drive to the beach. By car, you can get to any town on Elba in less than 30 minutes, and by ferry, you can reach Piombino in less than an hour. From here, it’s easy to get to the famous seaside towns in Tuscany, such as Punta Ala, Castiglione della Pescaia, Bolgheri, Grosseto, and so on.
The main villa is two stories and has 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. It is 241 square metres (2,593 square feet) in size.
From the front porch, you can walk straight into a large, bright veranda that leads to the living room, kitchen, and large dining room. On the other side, the veranda leads to a second living room with windows that has a small kitchen, a storage room, and a small bathroom for guests. The sleeping area, which has five bedrooms and three bathrooms, is on the first floor.
One of the bedrooms has a private terrace of 12 square metres (129 square feet), and another has a fireplace.
The villa was built in 1881, which can be seen on a plaque at the front door. It has big rooms and big windows, which make it very bright and welcoming. In the living areas, the floors are made of multicoloured marble tiles, and the ceilings are held up by wooden beams in the traditional Tuscan style.
In the 1970s and 1980s, the villa was restored, but it would now benefit from being updated and brought up to date.
Outside of the building is a well-kept garden with a pergola that has a photovoltaic system on its roof.
Guesthouse A is 137 square metres (1,474 square feet) and has five bedrooms and four bathrooms. It has four separate units that can be rented out to guests.
– Unit N°1 (41 sqm / 441 sqft, ground floor): living area with cooking corner and bedroom with private bathroom;
– Unit N°2 (12 sqm / 129 sqft, ground floor): double bedroom with bathroom;
– Unit N°3 (22 sqm / 237 sqft, ground floor): studio apartment with cooking corner and bathroom;
– Unit N°4 (62 sqm / 667 sqft, first floor): living room
Guesthouse B is 51 square metres (549 square feet) and has two double bedrooms and one bathroom. It is all on one floor and has a large living room with a fireplace, a kitchen, and two double bedrooms.
The garage is 53 square metres (570 square feet) and has space for two cars and space to store tools and equipment.
In front of the garage is a canopy that covers about 506 square feet or 47 square metres.
The whole property is about 3.3 hectares in size (8.1 acres). Right next to the buildings, is a great place to plant a small vineyard. When you add in the smaller plots near the villa, you could plant up to2.7 hectares of vineyards, and you could ask for the rights to use the Elba DOC name (with its thirteen different wines).
The well-kept garden that surrounds the villa and is connected by paved walkways is the perfect place to spend the warm summer days and have dinners outside with guests, friends and family, especially in the evening.
Because the property has several separate buildings, it can be used as either a private home with extra rooms for guests and/or staff or as a business that rents out rooms for vacations.
The villa is in a very convenient and quiet place, making it the perfect place to stay. The Elba sea is only a few minutes away by car or on foot.
- TYPE: Large 19th-century stately villa and several guest accommodation annexes
- CONDITION: Habitable
- LOCATION: Hilly, sea view
- MUNICIPALITY: Porto Azzurro, Elba
- PROVINCE: Livorno
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 482 square metres (5,186 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 25
- BEDROOMS: 12
- BATHROOMS: 9
- MAIN FEATURES: Large rooms, marble flooring, large windows, wooden beams with terracotta tiles, gardens, pergola with a photovoltaic system, garage, land suitable for vineyards
- LAND: 3.3 hectares (8.1 acres)
- GARDEN: Yes, well maintained
- ANNEXES: Guesthouses, garage
- ACCESS: Excellent
- SWIMMING POOL: No
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected + photovoltaic system
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: Natural gas (energy class F, G)
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Closes services (850m; 2’), Capoliveri (6km; 10’), Lacona (11km; 15’), Rio Marina (12km; 20’), Portoferraio (14km; 20’), Procchio (20km; 30’), Marina di Campo (22km; 35’), Piombino (38km; 1h 10’ via traghetto), Bolgheri (82km; 2h by ferry to Piombino), Punta Ala (84km; 2h 15’ by ferry to Piombino), Grosseto (109km; 2h 20’ by ferry to Piombino), Siena (176km; 3h by ferry to Piombino), Florence (200km; 3h 40’ by ferry to Piombino)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Aeroporto dell’Elba (21km; 30’), Grosseto Baccarini (109km; 2h 20’ by ferry to Piombino), Roma Fiumicino (280km; 4h by ferry to Piombino), Roma Ciam by ferry to Piombino)
See more Italian real estate with sea views