Country house for sale in Tuscany, midway between Siena and Florence comprising a large farmhouse, divided into 4 apartments – 8 bedrooms overall possible for more. In good structural condition but needs total renovation and restoration.
Panzano in Chianti Country house for sale in Tuscany
In a lovely location on the Chianti hills, the farmhouse has been divided to make four apartments but as the property needs a total renovation and restoration this could be changed to suit your circumstances and needs. Two outbuildings (231 sqm) to be restored and 9,700 sqm of land/garden complete the property. Rare to, find in this area, a property that allows you to put your own stamp on it.
Basic services are available just 3 km away from the house, Panzano in Chianti is a 10-minute drive, Siena 45 minutes and Florence just over an hour.
The building is a typical Tuscan country house and was partially restored a few years ago now needs a total renovation and restoration. Some parts haven’t been used for many years and are not habitable as they are. The house still retains the features that make properties in Tuscany so unique such as wooden beams, brick arches, terracotta floors, stone walls…
The country house has a surface area of 594 sqm – 6,392 sqft with 8 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms on three floors and is currently divided into four independent apartments. The shared areas include a beautiful vaulted cellar (44 sqm – 474 sqft) and a storage room on the ground floor (13 sqm – 140 sqft). On the side of the property is a canopy with an oven, ideal for an outdoor dining area.
Apartment A (152 sqm – 1,635 sqft, 3 bedrooms and 1 bathroom) is laid over the ground and first floor. On the lower level, the main door opens into the spacious living room and from here, through a corridor, you enter the dining area with the kitchen and a small closet. A staircase from the living room leads to the sleeping area on the upper level, made up of three bedrooms, a reading room and a bathroom.
Apartment B (227 sqm – 2,442 sqft, 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms) features independent access from the ground floor, with a staircase leading up to the first floor. Here, a small hallway opens into the living room with a fireplace, porch and terrace. Back to the hallway, two other doors lead into the kitchen, a bathroom and two bedrooms. From the living room, a staircase leads further up into the master bedroom with its own private terrace and bathroom.
Apartment C (55 sqm – 593 sqft, 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom) is a cosy two-room unit on the ground floor. From the small entrance room, you can enter the bathroom and the living area on the right, the bedroom on the left.
Apartment D (103 sqm – 1,108 sqft, 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom) is again on the ground floor and is made up of a large living area with an open-plan kitchen that opens into the beautiful porch. From the living room, a door opens into the bedroom with a bathroom, also accessible from outside.
An agricultural outbuilding (211 sqm – 2,270 sqft), over two floors, houses several large rooms currently used as storage and vehicle shelters.
Not far from the country house is a convenient garage (20 sqm – 215 sqft).
The property is ideal for a large or multi-family home or for home and income as holiday accommodation for which there is always strong demand.
- TYPE: Large stone country house
- CONDITION: Needs to be restored
- LOCATION: Hilly, panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY: Castellina in Chianti
- PROVINCE: Siena
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 825 square metres (8,877 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 22
- BEDROOMS: 8+
- BATHROOMS: 5+
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, wooden beams, terracotta floors, brick arches, wooden fixtures, vaulted ceilings, porches, garage, terrace, garden
- LAND: 9,700 square metres (2.4 acres)
- GARDEN: Needs to be landscaped
- ANNEXES: Warehouse, garage
- ACCESS: Unpaved road (100 m)
- SWIMMING POOL: No
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Private well
- TELEPHONE: To be connected
- ADSL: Possible
- GAS: LPG
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Closest services (3km; 5’), Panzano in Chianti (6km; 10’), Castellina in Chianti (9km; 10’), Greve in Chianti (12km; 15’), San Casciano in Val di Pesa (25km; 35’), Colle di Val d’Elsa (28km; 35’), San Gimignano (37km; 55’), Castelnuovo Berardenga (38km; 55’), Florence (41km; 1h 10’), Siena (41km; 45’), Montepulciano (101km; 1h 30’), Pienza (108km; 1h 40’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Firenze Vespucci (57km; 55’), Pisa Galilei (98km; 1h 30’), Bologna Marconi (138km; 1h 45’), Roma Fiumicino (279km; 3h 10’), Roma Ciampino (283km; 3h 20’)
See more Farmhouses for sale in Tuscany