Country house for sale in Tuscany near Anghiari. Former farmhouse (5 bed) and barn (2 bed) which have been beautifully restored. 9,200 square metres (2.3 acres) of land and gardens, olive trees, small vineyard. Permission for a swimming pool. Furniture is included in the selling price.
Anghiari Farmhouse and Barn Conversion
This Tuscan property has been beautifully and sensitively restored keeping intact its original charm and character whilst adding the features and comforts needed for 21st century living.
Good private location and services are available in the nearby village of Anghiari just 3 kilometres or 5 minutes drive and famous towns and cities such as Sansepolcro, Città di Castello, Arezzo, Cortona, Montepulciano, Pienza, Siena, Florence… can be quickly and easily reached by car.
This former farmhouse has a surface area of 305 sqm – 3,282 sqft with a total of 5 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms on three floors.
– Ground floor: living room with service bathroom, two bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms;
– First floor: living hall, sitting room, dining room and kitchen;
– Second floor: three bedrooms with en-suite bathroom.
The building has two loggias (36 sqm – 387 sqft) that can be easily equipped with tables and chairs for relaxing and al fresco dining.
A careful approach to the renovation ensured that the building’s distinctive characteristics would remain untouched.
The second-story wooden floor features a unique geometric inlay, making it a focal point of the space.
The farmhouse is bright and inviting thanks to the use of gentle, warm hues on the walls.
Careful maintenance and thorough cleaning of the roof beams have restored the structure to its former glory.
Traditional fireplaces, formerly installed in nearly every room, have been saved and retrofitted to function alongside modern stoves and fireplaces that are part of the building-wide heat pump system.
There is also remote control of the home’s lighting, irrigation, and security camera systems.
Two bedrooms and a bathroom can be found in the charming guest accommodation that was once a barn (totalling 43 square metres, or 463 square feet) thanks to its recent renovation. The first bedroom can be found on the ground floor, along with the kitchen, bathroom, and a small bedroom, while the second bedroom can be found upstairs. Perfect for friends and family or for providing potential additional income.
The farmhouse is on roughly 9,200 square metres (2.3 acres) of land, some 7,000 square metres of which are dedicated to a hobby vineyard that can be used to make wine in small quantities for personal consumption.
In addition, around 320 kg of olives each year that can be harvested from the 55 trees.
A gravel driveway with an automated gate provides easy access to a parking area next to the farmhouse.
Low environmental impact is achieved by the use of a 6-kW photovoltaic system to power the home.
The irrigation water comes from both the city’s public water system (the aqueduct) and a private well on the property.
The farmhouse’s many rooms, together with its central but peaceful location, make it a great investment for anyone in the market for holiday rental property income.
Keeping the ancient barn for one’s own use would allow one to reside on the property while renting out the farmhouse (or vice versa).
A stylish and lovely home in the Tuscan countryside.
- TYPE: Farmhouse and barn conversion
- CONDITION: Restored, luxury finishes
- LOCATION: Open and sunny
- ACCESS: Excellent, paved road
- MUNICIPALITY: Anghiari
- PROVINCE: Arezzo
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 348 square metres (3,745 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 12
- BEDROOMS: 7
- BATHROOMS: 7
- ANNEXES: Guesthouse
- MAIN FEATURES: Ceilings with wooden beams and terracotta tiles, parquet, terracotta and stone flooring, stone fireplaces, photovoltaic system, thermal insulation coating, irrigation system, video-surveillance, remote control for the systems, vineyard, insulated roof, conservative renovation, automatic gate, furniture included
- EXTERIORS: 9,200 square meters (2.3 acres)
- GARDEN: Yes, well maintained
- SWIMMING POOL: Authorized (taxes already paid)
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected + photovoltaic system (6 kW)
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water + private well
- TELEPHONE: To be connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: LPG (energy class A4)
- HEATING SYSTEM: Heat pump + fan coils + radiators + fireplaces
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Closest services (3km; 5’), Sansepolcro (10km; 13’), Città di Castello (23km; 20’), Arezzo (30km; 35’), Cortona (46km; 55’), Perugia (74km; 1h), Montepulciano (79km; 1h 10’), Passignano sul Trasimeno (84km; 1h 10’), Pienza (86km; 1h 20’), Assisi (91km; 1h 10’), Siena (98km; 1h 20’), Florence (108km; 1h 30’), San Gimignano (150km; 2h)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Perugia San Francesco (73km; 1h), Firenze A. Vespucci (125km; 1h 35’), Bologna G. Marconi (184km; 2h 5’), Pisa G. Galilei (185km; 2h 10’), Roma Ciampino (257km; 2h 45’), Roma Fiumicino (271km; 2h 45’)
See more Country houses for sale in Italy