Country home in Tuscany. Restored traditional farmhouse with 2 bedrooms (potential for more) tucked away in the woods about 10 mins drive from Anghiari. Potential for barn conversion.
Anghiari Tuscany 2 Bed Country House
This restored stone farmhouse with land and panoramic views is located in a quiet and private area not far from Anghiari. The home (240 sqm) is in outstanding shape and currently has two bedrooms, as well as several cellars that could be used to create additional living areas. The 1.1 hectares of ground surrounding the farmhouse is covered with chestnut and oak trees and there is a garden in the flat area around the building.
Anghiari, where basic services are located, is approximately 10′ by car, whereas Sansepolcro (where there are retail malls and a hospital) is approximately 20′ by car. From the Tiber Valley, well-known Tuscan and Umbrian towns and cities such as Città di Castello, Arezzo, Cortona, Perugia, Montepulciano, Florence, Siena… can be reached in two hours or less.
The farmhouse has a surface area of 240 sqm – 2,582 sqft and is divided into three levels, two of which have direct access from the outside.
There are five unfinished rooms on the lowest floor, which were formerly used as cellars and stables but have the potential to be converted.
The main entry on the ground floor leads to a delightful entrance hall with a fireplace, which connects to the dining area with an open-plan kitchen. From here, one enters the living area (which could be converted into a bedroom) and a tiny hallway that leads to the bedroom and bathroom.
A wooden stairway leads to a small sitting area with a bathroom and a door to the second bedroom. There is also an entrance to three crawl spaces from here, which are used for storage
A two-story ancient barn (25 sqm – 269 sqft) sits nearby: the bottom floor is now utilised as a storage room, while the upper floor is ready for systems and could then easily be turned into an independent studio apartment.
This country home is located in the centre of the woods, among chestnut and oak trees, and can be accessed through a good-condition dirt road (about 4.2 km). The property’s land area is around 1.1 hectares (2.7 acres) and is almost totally covered by trees and bush, with the exception of a 1,260-square-metre garden that surrounds the building and is planted with fruit trees such as figs, apples, pears, kiwi, and peaches…
- TYPE: Country home in the woods
- CONDITION: Restored
- LOCATION: Hilly, very private
- ACCESS: Unpaved road (4.2 km)
- MUNICIPALITY: Anghiari
- PROVINCE: Arezzo
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 265 square metres (2,851 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 6
- BEDROOMS: 2 (up to 3)
- BATHROOMS: 2
- ANNEXES: Barn
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, terracotta floors, wooden beams, original fireplace, wooden staircase, stone oven, wooden fixtures, old barn, woodland with chestnut trees, fruit trees, very private location
- TOTAL LAND: 1.1 hectares (2.7 acres)
- GARDEN: Yes, around the farmhouse
- SWIMMING POOL: No, but possible
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Private well
- TELEPHONE: To be connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: LPG
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators + fireplace + stove
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Anghiari (7km; 10’), Sansepolcro (15km; 20’), Città di Castello (28km; 35’), Monte Santa Maria Tiberina (28km; 45’), Arezzo (30km; 40’), Umbertide (52km; 50’), Cortona (52km; 1h), Perugia (81km; 1h 10’), Montepulciano (85km; 1h 20’), Pienza (93km; 1h 35’), Florence (106km; 1h 45’), Siena (106km; 1h 30’), Montalcino (107km; 1h 50’), San Gimignano (148km; 2h 10’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Perugia San Francesco (80km; 1h 5’), Firenze A. Vespucci (123km; 1h 40’), Pisa G. Galilei (183km; 2h 20’), Bologna G. Marconi (191km; 2h 20’), Roma Ciampino (264km; 3h), Roma Fiumicino (277km; 3h)
See more Homes for sale in Tuscany Italy