Well restored country home for sale in Umbria Italy. 16th century stone country farmhouse with fenced garden and panoramic view. Equipped with all the modern comforts and a security system, plus a 1,200 sqm garden with decorative plants and olive trees. Possible to have a swimming pool installed (extra on price).
Country home in Umbria for sale
Nice hillside location with wide countryside views and easily accessible via the road network and just a short drive from Tuscany.
This country home is thought to date back to 1516 based on a Christogram found on a piece architrave recovered during the process of restoration. The building has been restored using exclusively recovered and recycled original materials, roofs included, and modern insulation techniques have been applied to reduce energy waste and grant optimal heating during winter (energy class A1). The ground floor’s paving is ventilated and all the windows (and French windows) are equipped with safety glass and mosquito nets. The building is equipped with volumetric and perimeter alarm system.
The country house (198 sqm – 2,130 sqft) is laid out on three floors:
– Ground floor: entrance hall, living room (with sofa bed), kitchen, dining room, bathroom with laundry, technical room, bathroom and winter garden;
– First floor: three bedrooms, three bathrooms and a studio with a gallery;
– Second floor: loft above the bedrooms.
The farmhouse has 1.5 hectares of fenced land accessed via an automatic wrought iron gate. Approximately 1,500 sqm of land is planted with garden while the steepest sections are covered in lavender, rosemary, cistus, gaura, roses, Perovskia and other decorative plants. Watered by a drip irrigation system on the slopes and static irrigators on the garden.
The garden is also embellished by three-centuries-old olive trees and eight younger trees (planted in the 1980s and 1990s).
It is also possible to build a pool on the owned land. In the event one decides to buy the house with the pool already built, the price of the property is EUR 890.000,00
It is also possible to extend the main building for further 90 sqm and buy a portion of the farmhouse next to the building (80 sqm up to 180 sqm) in good condition with its own land (approx. 600 sqm).
TYPE Country home in Umbria. 16th-century country house with garden and panoramic view
LOCATION Hilly, panoramic
MUNICIPALITY Città di Castello
SIZE 198 sqm (up to 288 sqm)
FEATURES Stone walls, fenced garden, olive trees, alarm system, irrigation system, loggia, wooden beams, stone floors, masonry arches
LAND 1.5 hectares (fenced)
GARDEN 1,200 sqm
ACCESS Municipal unpaved road (1.8 km)
POOL No, but possible
ELECTRICITY Already connected
WATER Private source
GAS Induction kitchen, possible for GPL tank
HEATING Underfloor with a geothermal system, possible for air conditioning in the bedrooms
TELEPHONE To be connected + internet connection
NEAREST TOWNS Town with services (7km; 10’), Umbertide (17km; 25’), Monte Santa Maria Tiberina (20km; 30’), Città di Castello (21km; 30’), Cortona (32km; 1h), Passignano sul Trasimeno (38km; 1h), Castiglion Fiorentino (38km; 50’), Gubbio (52km; 55’), Perugia (55km; 50’), Arezzo (60km; 1h 5’), Assisi (68km; 1h)
Perugia Sant’Egidio (53km; 45’), Firenze Peretola (153km; 2h 5’), Ancona Falconara (160km; 2h 10’), Roma Ciampino (234km; 3h 10’), Roma Fiumicino (249km; 2h 55’)
See more Italian Farmhouses for sale
Other properties that may be of interest you
- Umbria Real Estate Umbria real estate comprising a fully restored stone country house villa (4 bedrooms) with gardens and a separate guest (1 bedroom) annexe. If you are looking for an inexpensive traditional…
- Home for sale in Italy A lovely home for sale in Italy. Restored 4 bedroomed country property with swimming pool and tennis court standing in 2.5 hectares of land and gardens with a few olive…
- Home in the Country Lovely home in the country near Umbertide in Umbria. Totally rebuilt in 2002 this farmhouse style property is divided into 2 apartments, a 2 bed and one bed. 8,400 square…