Country Estate in Italy, located near the Umbria Tuscany border. Two farmhouses and a medieval tower currently a boutique hotel with owners accommodation. Land, Olive grove, swimming pool.
Boutique Hotel and Farm Umbria Italy
This lovely country estate is located in a private, quiet and very panoramic position and comprises 26.7-ha of land with a medieval tower, two farmhouses, swimming pool and tennis court. The property has a total of 10 bedrooms and 9 bathrooms and is currently used for a boutique hotel business. A 500-tree olive grove produces excellent extra-virgin olive oil.
Services are all available in the nearby towns of Città di Castello (11 km) and Monterchi (12 km) and the estate is easily reached via a well-maintained unpaved road (2.0 km). Several towns and cities of Tuscany and Umbria such as Sansepolcro, Cortona Perugia, Passignano sul Trasimeno, Montepulciano, Siena, Florence can be easily reached in less than two hours by car.
The nearest airport is in Perugia (61km; 50’) but for intercontinental flights airports in Florence, Pisa, Bologna and Rome are recommended.
Farmhouse N°1 has a surface area of 266 sqm – 2,862 sqft on two floors and is split into two independent apartments (one on each floor) plus two independent rooms on the ground floor currently used for storage.
– Apartment N°1 (117 sqm – 1,259 sqft): living room, kitchen, two bedrooms and bathroom;
– Apartment N°2 (116 sqm – 1,248 sqft): living room, kitchen, two bedrooms and bathroom.
Farmhouse N°2 has a surface area of 166 sqm – 1,786 sqft on two floors and is split into two independent apartments (one on each floor).
– Apartment N°3 (82 sqm – 882 sqft): living room, kitchen, two bedrooms and two bathrooms;
– Apartment N°4 (84 sqm – 904 sqft): living room, kitchen, two bedrooms and two bathrooms.
The medieval tower has a surface area of 128 sqm – 1,377 sqft on three floors and the rooftop terrace offers a wonderful 36-degree view over the surrounding countryside.
– Ground floor: living room with fireplace;
– First floor: kitchen, dining room and bathroom;
– Second floor: two bedrooms with en-suite bathroom.
The medieval tower has been finely restored, preserving its most interesting features and valorizing its details. In particular, the huge underground vaulted room (once a water cistern for the garrison) has been restored and converted into a cosy tavern. On the upper floors, one can still see the beautiful stone walls and the armoured structure of the tower.
The two farmhouses have also been restored as well and are therefore in excellent condition, fully respecting the Tuscan and Umbrian styles: similar to the tower, they feature stone walls, vaulted ceilings, original terracotta floors, stone fireplace and wooden beams.
This country estate is located along the border between Umbria and Tuscany and covers a total surface area of 27.6 hectares (68.2 acres). The majority of this is arable/grazing land (21.9 ha) and mixed woodland (4.8 ha).
The remaining part of the property is planted with a large olive grove (roughly 9,000 sqm) with 500 trees producing an excellent extra-virgin olive oil.
Next to the tower, right on a stone terrace with a hedge, there is the swimming pool and paved solarium.
Finally, there is also a concrete tennis court located alongside the access avenue, next to the canopies used for cars.
The property is currently working as a boutique hotel with excellent results. Three separate buildings give privacy to the guests and the owner.
- TYPE: Country estate with a medieval tower and two farmhouses – Boutique Hotel
- CONDITION: Restored
- LOCATION: Hilly, panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY: Monte Santa Maria Tiberina
- PROVINCE: Perugia
- REGION: Umbria
- INTERIORS: 560 square metres (6,025 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 21
- BEDROOMS: 10
- BATHROOMS: 9
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, wooden beams, terracotta and stone floors, original stone fireplaces, vaulted ceilings, panoramic terrace, garden, olive grove, tennis court, swimming pool with solarium, canopy for cars, loggias
- LAND: 27.6 hectares (21.9 ha arable land + 4.8 ha woodland + 0.9 ha olive grove)
- GARDEN: Yes, well-maintained
- ANNEXES: Canopy for cars
- ACCESS: Unpaved road (2.0 km)
- SWIMMING POOL: Yes, rounded-edge
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Private well
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: LPG
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators + fan coils
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Città di Castello (11km; 15’), Monterchi (12km; 15’), Monte Santa Maria Tiberina (15km; 30’), Sansepolcro (20km; 25’), Umbertide (33km; 30’), Arezzo (39km; 45’), Castiglion Fiorentino (40km; 45’), Cortona (54km; 1h), Perugia (62km; 50’), Passignano sul Trasimeno (72km; 1h), Montepulciano (85km; 1h 20’), Siena (105km; 1h 30’), Firenze (119km; 1h 45’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Perugia San Francesco (61km; 50’), Firenze Vespucci (131km; 1h 40’), Pisa Galilei (192km; 2h 20’), Bologna Marconi (195km; 2h 20’), Roma Ciampino (245km; 2h 55’), Roma Fiumicino (260km; 3h)
See more Hotel Property in Italy
Other properties that may be of interest you
- Home for sale in Italy A lovely home for sale in Italy. Restored 4 bedroomed country property with swimming pool and tennis court standing in 2.5 hectares of land and gardens with a few olive…
- Italian Farmhouses Tuscany Italy property comprising a pair of farmhouses, fully restored to make a 3-star Boutique hotel with B&B tourist accommodation. 18 Bedrooms overall, Swimming pool, olive trees and gardens. Tuscany…
- Tuscan farmhouse home Beautifully restored 4 bedroom Tuscan farmhouse home plus 2 bed guest accommodation, olive grove, small vineyard, gardens and a swimming pool. Quiet countryside location with magnificent views, Roccatederighi. Restored Tuscan…