Country estate with 22-hectares of land, a substantial villa, a country house and annexes offering 850 sqm of surface area in total with 10 bedrooms and 9 bathrooms. The mature gardens of the estate house the impressive 16 × 8 m swimming pool. The property is ideal as a grand private residence but could also be utilised for commercial use such as a Spa/Wellness centre, country house B&B, agriturismo or art workshop retreat.
Umbria Country Estate – Home or Commercial Use
Set in a lovely location the estate opens up to a superb landscape, in a spectacular panoramic setting on top of a small hill, 200 m above sea level, with the valley and Tiber river below.
The main villa is both beautiful and large with 6 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms and is built in classical style with local stone. Access to the main villa is via a gated entrance driveway which is lined with splendid windmill palm trees (Trachycarpus fortunei).
– Basement. Access to the brick tunnel leads from the main villa down steps to the basement which is full of light. Here there is an impressive cantina and a vast area that would be ideal for a gym/wellness area or a home cinema, another room and a bathroom.
– Ground floor. The entrance opens up into a large L shaped room and a sweeping brick archway which leads to a double lounge area with imposing feature fireplace. Cotto Antico floors, double iron-framed windows and French door make a refined aspect. The large dining area has a beamed ceiling and Cotto Antico flooring and, with its wall of windows, is full of light. Access to the spacious kitchen is via the dining room. Cotto Antico flooring, feature beamed fireplace, pizza oven, double oven and abundant tiled worktop space. This floor is completed by a guest bathroom with shower and a single bedroom (or study if desired). There is also a large shelved walk-in linen storage room.
– First floor. Up a flight of Cotto Antico stairs, we get to a hallway leading to five very spacious and light-filled double bedrooms, one with fireplace and four with en-suite bathrooms (2 bathrooms with shower + 1 bathroom with bathtub and overhead shower + 1 bathroom complete with both bathtub and shower and double basin). An independent bathroom serves the fifth bedroom. The flooring is a modern cotto.
A magnificent 150 sqm panoramic portico provides an unusually large space, ideal for many people gathering together, with a view on the garden overall. Near to the kitchen, there is a very large barbecue and pizza oven housed unit.
Next to the villa is a 2-car stone-built garage with a storage room next to it. A structure on two levels to be restored is attached to the garage (possibility of building a further level on top).
Just outside the main gates to the villa, lies the lovely 19th-century classical local stone country house (4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms) with shuttered frames, over two levels. The first floor is habitable, whilst the ground floor needs to be restored.
The ground floor is currently used as a large storage area but could be restored, for example, as a double lounge, dining room and kitchen area leaving the first floor for bedrooms only.
Access to the first floor is via external steps to arrive at the lounge with feature fireplace, kitchen, four bedrooms and two bathrooms (one with shower, the other with bathtub and shower).
There is a sizeable piece of land also around this house with the possibility of installing a pool independently, if desired. The country house also has spectacular panoramic views of the countryside.
In front of the country house, there is an additional small independent building on two levels, ideal perhaps for staff accommodation.
A beautiful well maintained and mature 2-hectare garden surrounds the main villa with flowering shrubs, tree and flowers set amongst a backdrop of splendid tall windmill palm trees (Trachycarpus fortunei). The impressive 16 × 8 m rectangular mosaic-tiled swimming pool lies in the centre of the garden just a few steps from the property.
The estate has the foundations for a tennis court already laid out.
The remaining 20 hectares (49.4 acres) of land consist of woodland (14 ha – 34.6 ac) and agricultural/arable land (6 ha – 14.8 ac). The estate’s water consumption is via its private and independent well which provides endless free water.
- TYPE 22 hectare country estate with a main villa, country house and annexes
- CONDITION Mainly Restored
- LOCATION Hilly, panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY Baschi
- PROVINCE Terni
- REGION Umbria
- SIZE 850 sqm (9,146 sqft) + 150-sqm portico
- ROOMS 20+
- BEDROOMS 10
- BATHROOMS 9
- FEATURES Stone walls, ancient Cotto floors, wooden beams, archways, flowered garden, swimming pool, BBQ area, fireplaces, pizza oven, tennis court foundations, garage, portico, underground tunnel
- LAND 22 hectares (2 ha garden + 6 ha arable land + 14 ha woodland)
- GARDEN 2.0 ha
- ANNEXE Garage, two buildings to be restored
- ACCESS Unpaved road (300 m)
- POOL 16 × 8 m
- ELECTRICITY Already connected (16 kW)
- WATER Private well
- GAS LPG
- HEATING Radiators + pellet boilers + gas boilers
- TELEPHONE To be connected
- NEAREST TOWNS Todi (11km; 10’), Civitella del Lago (16km; 20’), Baschi (18km; 20’), Orvieto (28km; 20’), Amelia (36km; 50’), Montefalco (40km; 40’), Bolsena (42km; 45’), Foligno (46km; 55’), Perugia (50km; 40’), Terni (53km; 40’), Spoleto (55km; 1h), Narni (56km; 45’), Assisi (66km; 50’), Spello (69km; 45’), Rome (136km; 1h 30’), Florence (190km; 1h 40’)
- NEAREST AIRPORTS Perugia San Francesco (52km; 35’), Roma Ciampino (150km; 1h 30’), Roma Fiumicino (165km; 1h 35’), Ancona Falconara (158km; 2h), Firenze Vespucci (199km; 2h 5’), Pisa Galilei (260km; 2h 50’), Bologna Marconi (281km; 3h)
see more Country houses for sale
Other properties that may be of interest you
- Restored property with pool Nicely restored country property with a pool in a lovely private and panoramic position overlooking Città di Castello in the Tiber Valley of Umbria. 3 bed villa ideal for year-round…
- Umbria Real Estate Umbria real estate comprising a fully restored stone country house villa (4 bedrooms) with gardens and a separate guest (1 bedroom) annexe. If you are looking for an inexpensive traditional…
- Home for sale in Italy A lovely home for sale in Italy. Restored 4 bedroomed country property with swimming pool and tennis court standing in 2.5 hectares of land and gardens with a few olive…