Country estate with 22-hectares of land, a substantial villa, offering 443 sqm – 4,766 sqft, 6 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms). The mature gardens of the estate house an impressive 16 × 8 m swimming pool. The property is ideal as a grand private residence but could also be utilised for commercial use such as a Spa/Wellness centre, country house B&B, agriturismo or art workshop retreat.
Umbria Country Estate – Home or Commercial Use
Set in a lovely location the estate opens up to a superb landscape, in a spectacular panoramic setting on top of a small hill, 200 m above sea level, with the valley and Tiber river below.
The villa is both beautiful and large with 6 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms and is built in classical style with local stone. Access to the main villa is via a gated entrance driveway which is lined with splendid windmill palm trees (Trachycarpus fortunei).
– Basement. Access to the brick tunnel leads from the main villa down steps to the basement which is full of light. Here there is an impressive cantina and a vast area that would be ideal for a gym/wellness area or a home cinema, another room and a bathroom.
– Ground floor. The entrance opens up into a large L-shaped room and a sweeping brick archway which leads to a double lounge area with an imposing feature fireplace. Cotto Antico floors, double iron-framed windows and French doors make a refined aspect. The large dining area has a beamed ceiling and Cotto Antico flooring and, with its wall of windows, is full of light. Access to the spacious kitchen is via the dining room. Cotto Antico flooring, feature a beamed fireplace, pizza oven, double oven and abundant tiled worktop space. This floor is completed by a guest bathroom with shower and a single bedroom (or study if desired). There is also a large shelved walk-in linen storage room.
– First floor. Up a flight of Cotto Antico stairs, we get to a hallway leading to five very spacious and light-filled double bedrooms, one with fireplace and four with en-suite bathrooms (2 bathrooms with shower + 1 bathroom with bathtub and overhead shower + 1 bathroom complete with both bathtub and shower and double basin). An independent bathroom serves the fifth bedroom. The flooring is a modern cotto.
A magnificent 150 sqm panoramic portico provides an unusually large space, ideal for many people gathering together, with a view on the garden overall. Near to the kitchen, there is a very large barbecue and pizza oven housed unit.
Next to the villa is a 2-car stone-built garage with a storage room next to it. A structure on two levels to be restored is attached to the garage (possibility of building a further level on top).
A beautiful well maintained and mature 2-hectare garden surrounds the main villa with flowering shrubs, trees and flowers set amongst a backdrop of splendid tall windmill palm trees (Trachycarpus fortunei). The impressive 16 × 8 m rectangular mosaic-tiled swimming pool lies in the centre of the garden just a few steps from the property.
The estate has the foundations for a tennis court already laid out.
The remaining 20 hectares (49.4 acres) of land consist of woodland (14 ha – 34.6 ac) and agricultural/arable land (6 ha – 14.8 ac). The estate’s water consumption is via its private and independent well which provides endless free water.
- TYPE 22-hectare country estate with villa
- CONDITION Restored
- LOCATION Hilly, panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY Baschi
- PROVINCE Terni
- REGION Umbria
- SIZE 443 sqm (4,766 sqft)
- ROOMS 12
- BEDROOMS 6
- BATHROOMS 7
- FEATURES Stone walls, ancient Cotto floors, wooden beams, archways, flowered garden, swimming pool, BBQ area, fireplaces, pizza oven, tennis court foundations, garage, portico
- LAND 22 hectares (2 ha garden + 6 ha arable land + 14 ha woodland)
- GARDEN 2.0 ha
- ANNEXE Garage, two buildings to be restored
- ACCESS Unpaved road (300 m)
- POOL 16 × 8 m
- ELECTRICITY Already connected (16 kW)
- WATER Private well
- GAS LPG
- HEATING Radiators + pellet boilers + gas boilers
- TELEPHONE To be connected
- NEAREST TOWNS Todi (11km; 10’), Civitella del Lago (16km; 20’), Baschi (18km; 20’), Orvieto (28km; 20’), Amelia (36km; 50’), Montefalco (40km; 40’), Bolsena (42km; 45’), Foligno (46km; 55’), Perugia (50km; 40’), Terni (53km; 40’), Spoleto (55km; 1h), Narni (56km; 45’), Assisi (66km; 50’), Spello (69km; 45’), Rome (136km; 1h 30’), Florence (190km; 1h 40’)
- NEAREST AIRPORTS Perugia San Francesco (52km; 35’), Roma Ciampino (150km; 1h 30’), Roma Fiumicino (165km; 1h 35’), Ancona Falconara (158km; 2h), Firenze Vespucci (199km; 2h 5’), Pisa Galilei (260km; 2h 50’), Bologna Marconi (281km; 3h)
see more Country houses for sale