If you are looking for a business opportunity in Italy then this commercial property in Tuscany offers a working wine and olive business with further development potential.
Commercial Property Tuscany Italy
Made up of several farms with associated buildings, the owners of this Chiantishire property have concentrated on wine and olive activity, developing an up to date winery and vineyards and organic olive oil production, leaving the various buildings unused and mostly in need of renovation.
Numerous buildings (17 for a total surface area of 15,500 sqm) split among the various farms. The icing on the cake is the historical manor villa, constituting the older core of the property dating back to the 11th and 14th century. The hamlet, beyond the villa, includes a late Middle Ages church, an olive mill, several cellar rooms, office for the business, a workshop and one of the farms.
The other five farms include several buildings intended for agricultural and residential use, partially to be restored partially already restored and almost livable.
To summarize, the property has 11,000 sqm (118,360 sqft) of residential buildings, 3,000 sqm (32,280 sqft) of agricultural sheds and 1,500 sqm (16,140 sqft) of rural buildings.
The property is currently abandoned for the most part and just a few of the buildings have been structurally reinforced and restored. The villa, in particular, is a real gem, covered as it is in frescoes and decorations; however, it needs lots of work to be brought back to its original splendour. The church is also in bad shape, with the roof partially collapsed.
The other farms are mainly made up of rural and agricultural buildings (which are easier to recover and restore following the guidelines for historical buildings).
The cellar is currently working, as well as the olive mill, and both grant the regular production of olive oil and wines.
The property consists of a 236.2 hectares piece of land, split among vineyard (18.1 ha), olive grove (47.7 ha), arable land (82.2 ha), grazing land (7.8 ha), fruit orchard (2.6 ha) and mixed woodland (77.8 ha).
The vineyard is potentially expandable for further 27 hectares, taking some land from the arable plots (12 hectares of which had been used as a vineyard in the past). Same goes for the olive grove, which should be expanded with 8 more hectares thanks to the Rural Development Program which could cover up to 80% of the total cost.
The production of olives is totally organic (with certification), without the use of pesticides and chemical fertilizers, while vineyard hasn’t got the certification yet, even if harvesting is carried out without using chemical substances. Manual harvesting and sorting of grapes contribute to the excellent quality of the wine.
DETAILS ON WINE PRODUCTION
– Vineyard surface: 18.1 hectares (+ 27 ha available for plantation)
– Varieties: Sangiovese, Cabernet Sauvignon, Canaiolo, Syrah, Malvasia and Trebbiano
– Year of planting: 1957 – 2011
– Altitude: 280 – 330 m
– Exposure: south, south-east, south-west
– Density (stump/ha): 3,500 – 5,000
– Average yield (quintals/ha): 45 – 70
– Training: pruned-spur cordon-trained vines
– Harvesting: manual
– Soil composition: calcareous, marlstone, clayish
– Yearly production: 350 hl (46,700 bottles)
– Maximum potential productions: 1,425 hl (190,000 bottles)
– Maximum wine capacity: 1,870 hl
– Chianti Colli Fiorentini DOCG: 100% Sangiovese
– Chianti Colli Fiorentini DOCG Riserva: 90% Sangiovese, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon
– Rosso Toscano IGT: 40% Sangiovese, 30% Canaiolo, 20% Malvasia, 10% Trebbiano
– Rosso Toscano IGT: 50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 25% Merlot, 25% Syrah
– Bianco Toscano IGT: 50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 50% Chardonnay
DETAILS ON OIL PRODUCTION
– Surface: 47.7 hectares (+ 8 ha available for plantation)
– Varieties: Frantoio, Moraiolo, Leccino, Pendolino and Peranzana
– Altitude: 300 – 350 m
– Terrain composition: calcareous, marlstone, clayish
– Yearly production: 90 hl (12,000 bottles)
The estate is currently used exclusively as a wine and olive oil producing business, with a yearly production ranging around 46,700 bottles of wine (350 hl) and 12,000 bottles of oil (90 hl). Buildings are partially restored and usable without any work needed.
The estate is perfect for someone looking for something to develop in parallel with the oil and wine business. With a full restoration one could start a high quality hosting business.
A conversion project has already been approved and envisages the realization of a hotel with restaurant, conference hall, oil museum, wellness centre, shop for local products, sporting facilities and the conversion of some of the farms into apartments.
As far as sporting facilities are concerned, there is the possibility of building pools and tennis courts with a limitation of one per group of buildings, with the exception of the main villa which is ample enough to allow the construction of both a pool and a tennis court in the vicinity.
TYPE Commercial Property Tuscany Italy. Historical estate with winery, farms and Renaissance manor villa
CONDITION Partially restored
LOCATION Hilly, panoramic
SIZE 15,500 sqm (166,780 sqft)
FEATURES Historical villa, vineyard, olive grove, frescoes, cellar, olive mill, historical buildings, church, Chianti Colli Fiorentino DOCG, Sangiovese, Canaiolo, Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Malvasia, Trebbiano
LAND 236.2 hectares (18.1 ha vineyard + 47.7 ha olive grove + 82.2 ha arable land + 7.8 ha grazing land + 2.6 ha fruit orchard + 77.8 ha woodland)
ANNEX Yes, several buildings scattered through the several farmland of the estate
ELECTRICITY Already connected
WATER Mains water
TELEPHONE Already connected
Town with services (6km; 10’), Figline e Incisa Valdarno (14km; 20’), Florence (25km; 40’), San Gimignano (76km; 1h 20’), Siena (84km; 1h 25’), Montepulciano (95km; 1h 15’), Pienza (102km; 1h 25’), Montalcino (122km; 1h 45’)
Firenze Peretola (49km; 45’), Pisa Galilei (109km; 1h 25’), Bologna Marconi (130km; 1h 35’), Perugia Sant’Egidio (145km; 1h 40’), Roma Ciampino (273km; 2h 45’), Roma Fiumicino (288km; 2h 50’)
Other properties that may be of interest you
- Tuscan Organic Wine Estate Tuscan organic wine estate with agriturismo tourist accommodation, winery, olive oil and honey. Excellent business opportunity. Vineyards, Olive groves, honey plus tourist income. Tuscan Organic Winery, Vineyards, Olives, Honey, Agriturismo…
- Rural Tourism Rural tourism business comprising Agriturismo and farm with land ( 64.3 hectares), gardens, swimming pool, olive grove and a small vineyard. For sale fully furnished and equipped with all the…
- Tuscany Estate Tuscany estate for sale with lots of potential. 322 hectares land with vineyards, Olive groves, arable and woodland. Several farmhouses and various agricultural outbuildings and wine cellar. Chianti Vineyards Estate…