Chiantishire villa property comprising a restored 15th-century country house, gardens and pool. 9 bedrooms, 11 bathrooms. Divided into 3 apartments. Home and income. Close to luxury shopping, Valdichiana Outlet, and golf. Lovely Tuscan countryside villa in a superb location with far-reaching rural views.
Tuscan Chiantishire villa for sale with gardens and pool
This elegant 15th century mansion style villa is located in a beautiful panoramic position in the Tuscan countryside, not far from Florence and San Casciano in Val di Pesa. The building (over 1,000 square metres) is divided into three residential units, two of which are used for upmarket guest accommodation, and features original finishes of the highest level. Outside, the villa is surrounded by a well-kept Italian garden and has a large olive grove (2.2 ha) and a small vineyard (1.5 ha).
Services are all available in the nearby town (700 m) which can be easily reached on foot, while the city of Florence is just half an hour away by car. In addition, well-known beautiful towns and cities in Tuscany such as Florence, San Gimignano, Pisa, Arezzo, and Montalcino …can be reached in just around an hour or so by car.
The main villa has a surface area of 1,012 sqm with9 bedrooms and 10 bathrooms and is structured over four floors in total. It has been renovated with great taste, preserving all the characteristics and the unmistakable charm of the stately buildings of the Florentine countryside. The various levels are connected by a comfortable lift that starts from the ground floor and reaches the second floor, and there is also a condominium staircase with a dedicated entrance on the ground floor.
On the lower floor, located at the level of the Italian garden, there are two rooms used as cellars, the laundry room with a service bathroom, and the spacious garage (128 sqm) which opens onto the gravel yard connected to the driveway.
The master apartment (467 sqm, 3 bedrooms, and 5 bathrooms) occupies most of the ground floor and the entire first floor. The unit has two entrances: the first is located under the external staircase and opens onto a small hallway with staircase and bathroom, while the other is directly from the paved porch and opens onto the dining room. The living area, in addition to the dining room, includes a TV area, a large kitchen with a fireplace and a tea room. Beyond the TV room is the first bedroom with a private bathroom. From the entrance, a door leads to a small apartment used as staff accommodation (45 sqm, 1 bedroom, and 1 bathroom) consisting of a bedroom, living area, and bathroom.
The first floor is reached from the monumental external staircase, from the staircase in the entrance on the ground floor or via the condominium staircase (lift included). In all cases, the doors open onto a comfortable entrance. From here you pass to the reception room with a fireplace and exit to the panoramic terrace (45 sqm). At the corner of the building, next to the staircase, there is a private office. Continuing beyond the living room you arrive at the sleeping area, consisting of two spacious bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms. On the opposite side of the living room, with access from both the entrance and the corridor of the sleeping area, there is a spacious billiard room, very suitable for creating a large master bedroom with its own private bathroom.
On the second floor, accessible both via the condominium staircase and via the elevator that opens onto the villa’s central hallway, there are two guest apartments that share a beautiful panoramic loggia (25 sqm).
• Apartment A has a surface area of 158 sqm with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and consists of a large living room with dining area, a kitchen with an exit to the loggia, and two bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms (one of which is in the mezzanine). From the mezzanine, you also have access to attic storage.
• Apartment B has a surface area of 154 sqm with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and consists of a spacious living room with fireplace and kitchenette, a dining room with an exit to the loggia, two bedrooms with a shared bathroom, and a third bedroom with a private bathroom created in mezzanine accessible via a staircase from the living room.
Downstream from the villa, among the olive trees and vineyards, there is an annex (106 sqm, 1 bathroom) which, in addition to the warehouses and the shed for agricultural vehicles, houses a gym with fitness area and changing rooms, the tasting room for farm products and a guest bathroom. The building could also, if wanted, be converted into a winemaking cellar.
The villa can be traced back, at least initially, to a watchtower that was part of an extensive fortification system guarding the roads that connected Florence and Siena. The actual villa was built in the 15th century and then immediately remodeled in the 16th century in the Renaissance style. The historian Carocci in his writings mentions the various families who have owned the villa over the years: among these are the Del Buono, the Bonaccorsi and the Marsili da Siena. In the second half of the seventeenth century, the villa was included in the possessions of the Buontalenti (descendants of the famous architect).
At the beginning of the twentieth century, the villa was the subject of restoration work that led to the demolition of the tower and the restoration of its sixteenth-century appearance. All using original materials and faithful reproductions made by skilled workers.
The south facade, overlooking the beautiful Italian garden, still shows the sixteenth-century sundial bearing the words Horas Tibi Serenas (Let the hours be serene).
The property covers a total area of 4.1 hectares, arranged along the gentle slope that descends from the villa. The building, located in a very convenient position, is surrounded by about 4,000 square metres of park that host the Italian garden immediately below the main terrace and a beautiful swimming pool area with a 14 × 7 m pool surrounded by a grass solarium shaded by palm trees. and plants typical of the area. From the main gate, a slightly uphill avenue leads to the villa passing through the olive trees and vineyards and ending in a comfortable square where you can easily park several cars. The villa is also equipped with advanced security systems with internal/external video surveillance and internal/external motion sensors.
As for agricultural land, the property focuses exclusively on oil and grapes. The olive grove (2.2 ha) has about 900 plants and allows the production of up to 10 quintals of extra virgin olive oil in the best years.
The vineyard (1.5 ha) falls within the Chianti Classico production area, but the company does not produce wine on its own, instead selling the harvested grapes. In terms of quantity, we are talking about 31 quintals of Chianti Classico DOCG and about 78 quintals of Toscana IGT.
The villa in its present guise was partly intended for the reception of guests, dividing the second floor into two apartments with independent access from the condominium staircase or elevator. The presence, however, of internal connecting stairs between the various floors, would allow the entire building to be brought together into a large, prestigious private residence. Agricultural production is currently managed by third parties but the annex downstream could be converted into a winemaking cellar with rooms for processing grapes and bottling the products.
- TYPE: Chiantishire Villa Property – 15th-century Country house with pool
- CONDITION: Restored, luxury finishes
- LOCATION: Hilly, very panoramic
- ACCESS: Excellent, paved road
- MUNICIPALITY: San Casciano in Val di Pesa
- PROVINCE: Florence
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 1,131 square metres (12,169 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 25
- BEDROOMS: 9 (up to 10)
- BATHROOMS: 11
- ANNEXES: Cellar/tasting room
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone and masonry walls, original terracotta floors, fireplaces, wooden beams, panoramic terrace, mouldings, pietra serena window and door frames, monumental staircase, elevator, Chianti Classico vineyard, olive grove, gym & fitness center, tasting area, Italian garden, swimming pool, underground garage, photovoltaic system
- EXTERIORS: 4.1 hectares (10.1 acres)
- GARDEN: 4,000 square metres (1.0 acre)
- SWIMMING POOL: 14 × 7 m
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected + photovoltaic system
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water + wells for irrigation
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes (optic fiber)
- GAS: Natural gas
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators + air conditioning
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Closest services (700m; 2’), San Casciano in Val di Pesa (6km; 10’), Greve in Chianti (13km; 15’), Radda in Chianti (25km; 35’), Florence (32km; 30’), Colle di Val d’Elsa (33km; 30’), San Gimignano (38km; 45’), Monteriggioni (40km; 40’), Montevarchi (46km; 1h), Siena (56km; 50’), Volterra (59km; 1h), Pisa (83km; 1h 10’), Arezzo (89km; 1h 10’), Montalcino (94km; 1h 25’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Firenze Vespucci (40km; 35’), Pisa Galilei (80km; 1h), Bologna Marconi (119km; 1h 25’), Perugia San Francesco (169km; 2h), Roma Ciampino (300km; 3h 20’), Roma Fiumicino (316km; 3h 20’)