Chianti Wine property with lots of further potential comprising an 80-ha estate with 11.0 ha vineyards and Agriturismo (several buildings), garden, swimming pool, Olive grove, arable and woodland.
Tuscan estate with Chianti Classico DOCG vineyards and Agriturismo, Olive Grove and Land
If you are looking for a lifestyle property with multiple income streams, this property could be ideal. The estate is currently in use and the business has lots of potential to be further expanded.
In the heart of the famous Chianti Classico region, near Castellina in Chianti, is this wine estate with 11.0 ha of vineyards (10.0 ha Chianti Classico DOCG), historic villa and Agriturismo. The buildings of the estate (over 4,200 sqm) currently offer a total of 18 bedrooms plus there is the possibility of restoring the outbuildings to increase this number. The cellar is in excellent condition and currently produces 20,000 bottles of wine per year, with a potential for up to 90,000.
Services are all available nearby in Castellina in Chianti (7km; 10’) and other towns and cities in Tuscany such as Colle di Val d’Elsa, Monteriggioni, San Gimignano, Siena, Florence, Montalcino, Pienza.., can easily be reached in around an hour or less.
The wine cellar (2 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms) is a large rustic building, fully working and operational and laid over four floors which also include an apartment:
– Basement: cellar and storage room;
– Ground floor: agricultural rooms including vat room, storage rooms, depots, bottling line, dressing room and bathroom;
– First floor: offices, storage rooms, dressing rooms, bathrooms and independent apartment made up of living room with open-plan kitchen, two bedrooms, two bathrooms and outdoor loggia;
– Second floor: loft, currently used as a vin santo room.
Farmhouse A (7 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms) is an old rural building restored in the late 1990s:
– Ground floor: living room with fireplace, dining room, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom;
– First floor: five bedrooms with en-suite bathroom;
– Second floor: bedroom with en-suite bathroom.
In a wing of the building are several storage rooms and agricultural warehouses, all in need of renovation. The basement houses six spacious storage rooms, the old stables and an oven.
Farmhouse B (4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms) is an old rural house built over the remains of an old watchtower, restored in the late 1990s:
– Ground floor: entrance room, kitchen, storage rooms, cellar and boiler room;
– First floor: kitchen, dining room with fireplace, living room, three bedrooms, studio, two bathrooms and walk-in wardrobe;
– Second floor: master bedroom with en-suite bathroom, studio and walk-in wardrobe.
In a wing of the building, on the ground floor, are a few storage rooms, an old cellar and the technical room for the building. These rooms are in need of renovation.
The manorial villa (5 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms) is a prestigious historic building, enlarged and embellished in the late 19th century, that was the heart of the farm in the past:
– Basement: cellar;
– Ground floor: entrance room with fireplace, living room, kitchen, reception hall, two playrooms, bathroom and outdoor loggia;
– First floor: two large reception halls, five bedrooms, bathroom and a huge panoramic loggia;
– Second floor: loft and panoramic terrace.
Right in front of the villa is the old orangery, rectangular in shape, whose roof houses a spacious terrace.
The property is then completed by a big six-room agricultural warehouse, three ruins to be restored, two old warrens, an aviary, the rainwater well, a canopy with a storage room.
The estate covers a total surface area of approximately 80.0 hectares. Of these, roughly 11.2 ha are covered in vineyards producing the world-famous Chianti Classico DOCG. Next to this are 6.0 hectares of olive grove (totalling 1,500 trees), arable land (roughly 24.0 ha, partly suitable to expand the vineyard) and mixed woodland (39.0 ha).
A short distance from the villa and the farmhouses is the beautiful Infinity 14 x 7 m swimming pool surrounded by a terracotta-paved sunbathing area offering a unique view over the surrounding Chianti hills. Under the base is a technical room for the systems of the pool and the compensation tank.
The vineyards are registered as Chianti Classico DOCG (10.0 ha), Colli Etruria Centrale DOC (1.0 ha) and Vinsanto Chianti Classico DOC (0.25 ha), made up of several red and white varieties such as Sangiovese, Canaiolo, Ciliegiolo, Colorino, Trebbiano, Malvasia Bianca, Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay. Current production ranges around 20,000 bottles but the winery has a potential of up to 90,000 bottles per year.
The estate has produced three wines, which are Chianti Classico DOCG (90% Sangiovese, 10% Ciliegolo, Canaiolo, Colorino), Bianco Colli Etruria Centrale DOC (65% Trebbiano, 15% Chardonnay, 15% Sauvignon Blanc, 5% Malvasia Bianca) and the Vinsanto del Chianti DOC (90% Trebbiano, 10% Malvasia).
- TYPE: Chianti wine estate
- CONDITION: Partially restored
- LOCATION: Hilly, panoramic
- MUNICIPALITY: Castellina in Chianti
- PROVINCE: Siena
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 4,226 square metres (45,472 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 50+
- BEDROOMS: 18+
- BATHROOMS: 21+
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, wooden beams, terracotta floors, pietra serena fireplaces, BBQ, swimming pool, private parking, wine cellar, manorial villa, garden, Chianti Classico DOCG vineyards
- LAND: 80.0 hectares (197.7 acres)
- GARDEN: Yes, needs work
- ANNEXES: Several agricultural and residential buildings
- ACCESS: Unpaved road (1.3 km)
- SWIMMING POOL: 14 × 7 m
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Mains water + private wells
- TELEPHONE: Already connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: LPG
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Castellina in Chianti (7km; 10’), Poggibonsi (10km; 15’), Colle di Val d’Elsa (14km; 20’), Monteriggioni (16km; 30’), Radda in Chianti (18km; 25’), San Gimignano (22km; 35’), San Casciano in Val di Pesa (36km; 35’), Siena (39km; 40’), Volterra (40km; 50’), Firenze (59km; 1h), Montalcino (77km; 1h 20’), Pienza (90km; 1h 30’), Montepulciano (99km; 1h 25’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Firenze Vespucci (65km; 55’), Pisa Galilei (96km; 1h 30’), Grosseto Baccarini (114km; 1h 30’), Bologna Marconi (147km; 1h 50’), Roma Ciampino (282km; 3h), Roma Fiumicino (295km; 3h)
See more Vineyard properties