Chianti real estate offering a unique investment in one of the most sought areas of Tuscany and Italy in general. Chianti Hills near Siena, a restored hamlet and estate making wine, olive oil and offering quality holiday accommodation. Facilities include a restaurant, leisure centre and 2 swimming pools. 6.3 ha vineyard + 2.1 ha olive grove + 4.1 ha woodland 2.5 ha garden
Chianti property for sale. Wine Estate with Chianti Classico DOCG winery, Agriturismo and leisure centre
Located not far from the town of Gaiole in Chianti (5km; 10’), the property is made up of a beautiful hamlet (approx. 1,820 sqm – 19,583 sqft) comprising several buildings used either for the Agriturismo or the wine-making business.
The main building (approx. 1,000 sqm – 10,760 sqft) hosts the Agriturismo, with bedrooms and apartment available for guests. In total there are 6 apartments, all fitted with independent access, and 10 bedrooms:
– Apartment N°1: living room, double bedroom, bathroom with shower and private terrace.
– Apartment N°2, N°3: living room, kitchenette, double bedroom, a twin bedroom and bathroom with shower.
– Apartment N°4, N°5, N°6: ample living room, fully-equipped kitchen, 3 double bedrooms and 2 bathrooms with shower.
– Room N°1: bedroom with en-suite bathroom and whirlwind tub.
– Room N°2, N°3: double bedroom, living room with sofa-bed and bathroom with shower.
– Room N°4: double bedroom with fireplace and bathroom with whirlwind tub. On the outside, there is a small private garden.
– Room N°5, N°6, N°7, N°8, N°9, N°10: bedroom with fireplace and bathroom with tub.
An independent villa (approx. 200 sqm – 2,152 sqft) is laid out onto three-floor as follows:
– Ground floor: ample living room with fireplace, kitchen with living area, bathroom, double bedroom with walk-in closet and en-suite bathroom.
– First floor: bedroom with fireplace, private bathroom with shower and private outdoor area.
– Second floor: 2 double bedrooms and bathroom.
The restaurant (200 sqm – 2,152 sqft) is fitted with a modern kitchen and can host up to 48 people indoor and up to 120 people outdoor.
The leisure centre (50 sqm – 538 sqft) offers wine-therapy, aroma-therapy, massage and steam bath.
The cellar of the property (370 sqm – 3,981 sqft) is equipped with temperature regulation and modern machinery, including bottling and labelling device.
The hamlet has been fully and finely restored, trying to preserve unaltered all the characteristic typical to the Tuscan and Sienese countryside. The building is made up of stone on the outside, often surrounded by stone paving. On the inside, main features are high-quality terracotta floors, dark wooden beams and brick arches. Fine details include wooden staircases and masonry fireplaces.
The buildings are all surrounded by well-maintained gardens (for a total of approx. 2.5 hectares) decorated with flowers, trees and stone walls.
The remaining 12.5 hectares making up the estate are split among vineyards (6.3 ha), olive grove (2.1 ha with 1,200 trees) and mixed woodland (4.1 ha). The vineyard, in particular, is partly registered as Chianti Classico DOCG (approx. 4 hectares) and grants a yearly production of 30,000 bottles.
The complex, given the hosting business running, is also fitted with an outdoor 14 x 6 m panoramic pool with terracotta and stone solarium.
DETAILS ON WINE PRODUCTION
– Vineyard surface: 6.3 hectares (4 ha Chianti Classico DOCG + 2.3 ha Rosso IGT)
– Varieties: Sangiovese, Merlot, Alicante and Malvasia Bianca Lunga
– Year of planting: 1995 – 2016
– Year of construction (cellar): 2002
– Altitude: 460 m
– Density (stump/ha): 5,000
– Average yield (q/ha): 30
– Training: pruned-spur cordon-trained vines
– Terrain composition: galestro
– Yearly production: 30,000 bottles
– Workers: 4 open-ended workers + 6 seasonal workers
– Maximum wine capacity: 722 q (steel and oak vats)
– Markets reached: Azerbaijan, Canada, China, Russia, United Kingdom, United States of America
– Chianti Classico DOCG: 100% Sangiovese
– Chianti Classico DOCG Riserva: 90% Sangiovese, 10% Merlot
– SuperTuscan IGT: 100% Merlot
– Rosso Toscano IGT: 60% Sangiovese, 40% Merlot
– Rosé Toscano IGT: 100% Sangiovese
– Vinsanto Chianti Classico DOC: 100% Malvasia Bianca Lunga
– Grappa: Chianti Classico
DETAILS ON OIL PRODUCTION
– Surface: 2.1 hectares
– Varieties: Frantoio, Leccino and Moraiolo
– Altitude: 460 m
– Number of trees: 1,200
– Density (tree/ha): 570
– Terrain composition: galestro
– Yearly production: 1,000 l
TYPE Chianti property for sale. Estate with Chianti Classico DOCG winery, Agriturismo and leisure centre
LOCATION Hilly, panoramic
MUNICIPALITY Gaiole in Chianti
SIZE Approx. 1,820 sqm (19,583 sqft)
FEATURES Stone walls, wooden beams, garden, Chianti Classico DOCG vineyard, olive grove, wellness centre, cellar, restaurant, wooden staircase, terracotta floors, stone fireplaces
LAND 15 hectares (6.3 ha vineyard + 2.1 ha olive grove + 4.1 ha woodland 2.5 ha garden)
GARDEN Yes, around the buildings
ANNEX Several buildings, partly for the Agriturismo and partly for wine production
POOL 1 indoor + 1 outdoor
ELECTRICITY Already connected + photovoltaic system
WATER Mains water + private well
TELEPHONE Already connected + ADSL + Wi-Fi
Gaiole in Chianti (5km; 10’), Radda in Chianti (19km; 35’), Montevarchi (26km; 40’), Greve in Chianti (33km; 50’), Siena (34km; 1h), Monteriggioni (42km; 1h), Arezzo (61km; 1h 10’), San Gimignano (62km; 1h 25’), Florence (69km; 1h 25’)
Firenze Peretola (78km; 1h 25’), Pisa Galilei (123km; 2h), Perugia Sant’Egidio (133km; 1h 50’), Bologna Marconi (160km; 2h 10’), Roma Ciampino (261km; 2h 55’), Roma Fiumicino (276km; 3h)
Other properties that may be of interest you
- Tuscany Estate Tuscany estate for sale with lots of potential. 322 hectares land with vineyards, Olive groves, arable and woodland. Several farmhouses and various agricultural outbuildings and wine cellar. Chianti Vineyards Estate…
- Chianti Wine Property A very nice Chianti Wine property comprising a 30.5-ha estate with 10.0 ha Chianti Colli Senesi DOCG vineyards and Agriturismo. Winery and wine shop, gardens, swimming pool, Olive grove, arable…
- Small wine estate with Agriturismo Small wine estate with Agriturismo on the Chianti hills of Tuscany, about 30 mins from Florence. 1.85 ha Chianti Classico DOCG / Toscana IGT vineyards (possible to expand), farmhouse and…