Superb luxury property, fully restored with luxury finishes and touches and full of character. Gardens, swimming pool, panoramic countryside views and the possibility of increasing the size, if wanted.
Restored FarmHouse. Luxury Property In Tuscany
When the owners took over this property near to Montepulciano, they wanted to update and renovate enhancing original features but ensuring that the home was light, bright and had all the amenities and facilities that the 21st-century offer. This was done both inside and outside, for example, in order to preserve the views and landscape, the electric lines are buried underground. The property has been fitted with triple glazed windows and doors, wall insulation, high energy-efficient fixtures and underfloor heating and all windows and doors are equipped with sliding screens.
The farmhouse features traditional external stone walls has two fireplaces, ceilings with white wooden beams and terracotta tiles, vaulted ceilings, arches, Carrara marble bathrooms, an external stone staircase and old roof tiles. The floors are tiled in “stone” porcelain, a highly-resistant and easy-to-wash material. The rooms on the first floor are equipped with individually controlled air conditioning.
All the rooms have feature white walls and, thanks to the numerous windows are very light and bright. Even the arches are aligned so that you can see the light passing through the house. All the windows offer a picture of the UNESCO World Heritage Site Val d’Orcia Tuscany.
The farmhouse (198 sqm – 2,130 sqft) is laid out over two levels.
The ground floor includes a small entry hall with half bath and staircase to the upper floor. From the entry hall if you turn left you can enter a gourmet kitchen with central island, fireplace, and small pantry or if you go through an arched opening, to the dining room. From the kitchen, through another arched opening, you reach the dining room with vaulted ceilings. From the dining room, through a third arched opening, you have access to the large living room with a fireplace and floor to ceiling windows and bookcases with storage cabinets.
Going up the staircase from the entry hall you reach the first floor and you enter a large and bright double bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower and hydro massage tub, while on the right of the staircase there is another large room, currently used as a study and relaxation area. This room can be also entered from outside through a stone staircase. It is equipped with a bathroom with shower and is also used as a bedroom thanks to a sliding door that isolates it from the small corridor leading to the master bedroom. This bedroom, in addition to a bathroom with shower and double sink, boasts a walk-in closet with built-in drawers, shelves and clothing racks.
The annexe (42 sqm – 452 sqft) is comprises a multipurpose room with a toilet.
The shelter is roofed with photovoltaic panels and is currently used as a three-car shelter, woodshed and storage.
Of particular note is that it would be possible to expand the main building by 20% of its current surface area (roughly 40 sqm – 430 sqft).
This lovely farmhouse also has an outdoor lighting system and exterior gas barbeque and has 3 stone and terracotta terraces adjacent to the kitchen and the living room which are perfect for alfresco dining.
There is a perfectly maintained terraced garden with stone walls which are fully planted with easily maintained Mediterranean flowering plants and olive trees that don’t require any watering during the summer months.
The 3.5 x 11.5 m swimming pool (which has been recently renovated) has steps for entry/exit and has a maximum depth of 1.5 m. It is situated above the villa, in a very panoramic position and has a beautiful pergola supported by stone columns ideal for relaxation and al fresco dinners.
Right next to the pool, parallel to the basin, a bocce court has also been built on the garden.
A superb home in close proximity to all amenities and services, with all up-to-date facilities.
- TYPE Restored Stone farmhouse. Luxury property with pool, garden and outbuildings
- CONDITION Restored. Luxury finishes.
- LOCATION Hillside, very panoramic, 360-degree views
- MUNICIPALITY Montepulciano
- PROVINCE Siena
- REGION Tuscany
- SIZE 240 sqm (2,582 sqft)
- ROOMS 7
- BEDROOMS 3
- BATHROOMS 4
- FEATURES Stone building, fireplaces, ceilings with wooden beams and terracotta tiles, vaulted ceilings, arches, sliding doors, Carrara marble bathrooms, external stone staircase, stone and terracotta tile terraces, air conditioning, underfloor heating, thermo-fireplace, lawn irrigation & security alarm systems
- LAND 1 hectare (2.5 acres)
- GARDEN Yes, perfectly maintained
- ANNEXE Multipurpose room, car shelter
- ACCESS Excellent
- POOL 3.5 x 11.5 m
- ELECTRICITY Already connected
- WATER Mains water + private well
- GAS LPG
- HEATING Underfloor heating + air conditioning + thermo-fireplace
- TELEPHONE Already connected + Internet connection
- NEAREST TOWNS Montepulciano (6km; 10’), Torrita di Siena (6km; 10’), Chianciano Terme (17km; 25’), Pienza (17km; 25’), Castiglione del Lago (27km; 35’), Rapolano Terme (30km; 30’), Cortona (33km; 40’), Città della Pieve (35km; 45’), Tuoro sul Trasimeno (38km; 35’), Montalcino (39km; 55’), Arezzo (49km; 45’), Siena (62km; 50’), Perugia (69km; 1h), Orvieto (84km; 1h 15’), Firenze (105km; 1h 20’)
- NEAREST AIRPORTS Perugia Sant’Egidio (78km; 1h 10’), Firenze Peretola (117km; 1h 20’); Pisa Galilei (184km; 2h); Roma Ciampino (205km; 2h 5’); Roma Fiumicino (223km; 2h 15’)
See more Luxury property for sale in Italy