Character property in a Tuscan Medieval castle comprising a restored 3 bed house plus a large ruined farmhouse which needs restoration and a private garden. Interesting and unique opportunity.
It is also possible to buy the restored house, RUSTICO DEL CASTELLO, on its own for €295,000 with garden.
Anghiari Character Property In Tuscany
Located in the Tuscan countryside a few minute’s drive from Anghiari, inside a historic Medieval castle. The restored home offers 3 bedrooms and a private garden and a small courtyard. Nearby is a ruined farmhouse (roughy 400 sqm – 4,304 sqft, on two floors) which once restored could offer another 4 bedrooms.
The beautiful village of Anghiari is just 5 minutes drive and you can quickly and easily reach Tuscan towns and cities such as Arezzo, Cortona, Montepulciano, Siena, and Florence… in 2 hours or less.
The restored house has a surface area of 211 sqm – 2,270 sqft with 3 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. Completely restored retaining and enhancing traditional Tuscan features such as stone walls, wooden beams and terracotta floors. On three floors as follows:
– Ground floor: cellar;
– First floor: kitchen, living room with two bedrooms;
– Second floor: bedroom and bathroom.
It is located inside a medieval castle, originally 13th-century which was rebuilt in the 16th century after it had been destroyed. The building, including the church dedicated to St Peter and Paul, trace a circle and marks the original circular shape of the fortress.
Not far from this are the ruins (roughly 400 sqm – 4,304 sqft, on two floors) of an old farmhouse that could be used as a base to rebuild the structure.
The drafted project would create four independent apartments inside the building:
• Apt A (45 sqm – 485 sqft): living area with kitchen, bedroom and bathroom;
• Apt. B (53 sqm – 570 sqft): living area with kitchen, two bedrooms and bathroom;
• Apt. C (50 sqm – 538 sqft): living area with kitchen, bedroom and bathroom;
• Apt. D (57 sqm – 613 sqft): living area with kitchen, two bedrooms and bathroom.
The property is then completed by a shed (100 sqm – 1,076 sqft) used to shelter vehicles and tools.
There is also a private garden, set along the side of the hill. On one side of the house, there is a small paved courtyard, suitable for enjoyable and relaxed al fresco times in Tuscany’s beautiful climate.
This is an interesting opportunity in close proximity to all amenities and services.
It is also possible to buy the restored house, RUSTICO DEL CASTELLO, on its own for €295,000 with a garden.
- TYPE: Two character houses
- CONDITION: One is restored, the other needs to be restored
- LOCATION: Inside a medieval castle
- ACCESS: Unpaved road (300 m)
- MUNICIPALITY: Anghiari
- PROVINCE: Arezzo
- REGION: Tuscany
- INTERIORS: 711 square metres (7,650 square feet)
- TOTAL ROOMS: 10
- BEDROOMS: 3 (up to 7)
- BATHROOMS: 1 (up to 3)
- ANNEXES: Ruined country house, shed
- MAIN FEATURES: Stone walls, wooden beams, terracotta flooring, old walls of the castle, paved courtyard, garden, tool shed, stone arches
- EXTERIORS: 1,500 square metres (16,140 square feet)
- GARDEN: Yes, well maintained
- SWIMMING POOL: No
- ELECTRICITY: Already connected
- WATER SUPPLY: Well
- TELEPHONE: To be connected
- ADSL: Yes
- GAS: LPG
- HEATING SYSTEM: Radiators + fireplace
- CLOSEST CITIES AND TOWNS Anghiari (4km; 5’), Sansepolcro (13km; 20’), Caprese Michelangelo (20km; 25’), Città di Castello (25km; 28’), Arezzo (28km; 38’), Cortona (52km; 1h), Gubbio (76km; 1h 5′), Perugia (78,4km; 1h 10′), Montepulciano (82km; 1h 15’), Pienza (88km; 1h 25’), Assisi (92km; 1h 10’), Montalcino (103km; 1h 45’), Siena (102km; 1h 30’), Florence (110km; 1h 35’)
- CLOSEST AIRPORTS Perugia San Francesco (74km; 50’), Firenze Vespucci (127km; 1h 30’), Bologna Marconi (184km; 2h), Pisa Galilei (188km; 2h 15’), Roma Ciampino (255km; 2h 45’), Roma Fiumicino (270km; 2h 50’)
See more Tuscany houses for sale